Let us know we made a mistake

TheJackal84

I have noticed a couple of my posts have gone from topics, It would be nice to get a little PM or something explaining what or why it was removed, As far as I know my posts were OK, At least with a little PM or warning ( WITH NO POINTS LOL ) explaining why would help me in the future to not do it again

5 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

I have noticed a couple of my posts have gone from topics, It would be nice to get a little PM or something explaining what or why it was removed, As far as I know my posts were OK, At least with a little PM or warning ( WITH NO POINTS LOL ) explaining why would help me in the future to not do it again

Are you sure? Check your profile post history? I've personally literally lost threads I've created at times then found them at another time :D It'd have to be fairly derogatory for IPB to step in. Have you been bad? :D 

14 hours ago, DesignzShop said:

Are you sure? Check your profile post history? I've personally literally lost threads I've created at times then found them at another time :D It'd have to be fairly derogatory for IPB to step in. Have you been bad? :D 

Yeah they are gone, I saw one of the topics has a star on it ( Like I replied to it ) yet there is no posts from me there

Pretty sure I made a suggestion once that when you hide/delete a post, have a reason box which can either a) Send an alert/PM to the user that cannot be replied to or b) Keeps the post visible but in pink to show it’s hidden and the reason why to that individual member.

Also have a toggle to insist moderators fill the box in so no posts are hidden without reason.

Posts vanishing with no explanation gets members backs up, getting involved in lengthy PM discussions takes up time.

• Management

I only see two posts hidden. One was reported as spam (topic was about video embeds - you promoted your media uploader app and prefaced it with "this doesn't do embeds, but...") and one was inflammatory towards another member and you reported each other calling each other racists, yada yada. Sometimes we just assume you know you shouldn't have posted it and we move on with our day. In other cases where it's an actual issue, we will issue a warning - sometimes with action, sometimes without. 

Archived