Commerce & downloads : use "credit" instead of $

Janyour

1 hour ago, Janyour said:

Thanks guys, credits a mean a virtual currency, lets say BIMS or PIPS :D

A kind of virtual money, product XYZ cost 12 PIPS, when checkout user will checkout with its credit already add, some thing similar to envato marketplaces.

Then you want Points Economy by @Kevin Carwile\

You can create whatever virtual currency you want.  

1 hour ago, Janyour said:

I already use it :) the problem is that you cant sell products (files) with currency created,

what i am looking for is to show products with XX pips currency, i'd contacted this app devlopper and he told me thats not possible ..

I'm slightly confused.

In the description, it says 

Points can be added to any commerce product to be delivered automatically when the product is purchased. Points are automatically debited if the purchase is cancelled.

Points can be configured as a payment method for IPS Commerce. Members can use points to pay for products, while using your own custom exchange rate to determine how they are converted to real cash value.

I know you cannot display the product costing XX pips.  But you should be able to check-out, and at time of check-out pay using "pips."  

Maybe in description, write the cost in pips?  

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/01/2017 at 6:05 PM, Janyour said:

I already use it :) the problem is that you cant sell products (files) with currency created,

what i am looking for is to show products with XX pips currency, i'd contacted this app devlopper and he told me thats not possible ..

Basic Points app is working on commerce integration, I am after the same thing as you man ;) our gaming community sells in-game items for points which we trade for various other things, ranks etc but want to include real world items too, a game for example that can be purchased with points rather than real money. We can't sell the points you see as that would breach the ToS of the game for selling items for real money.

Same question for me. It's complicated.

I know "Points Economy" by @Kevin Carwile Modification works for IP.Commerce but, additionally, it has to work with paid files in IP.Downloads.

• I want to to change customers real money into my own currency (points) -> you can already do this.
  • I have free files and paid files in IP.Downloads. Free files are and are shown as free. Paid files should only show the value in my own currency (points) or better if I could select to show both (real money AND points). Not only in IP.Commerce products but in all IP.Downloads pages and widgets. -> not possible atm.
  • If customers buy files with points, they somehow get a discount, f.e. during the initial change after customer "account point credit payment". So there should be any behavior, that if you buy with credits, files will cost less than paying with real money. But you need to change minimum account credit. -> not possible atm.
  • Withdrawals can only be done by file uploaders if they reach amount xy and only the amount they really earned via commissions for sold files. Regular customers can never change back their points into real money. And file uploaders may not be able to change back changed money, too. Only earned commissions! -> not possible atm.
  • As a special feature request: members can tipp other members with points for their posts... so they earn real money. I know, there is another plugin, but I need it as a complete solution.

Maybe Kevin will think about a "Premium Points Economy" Application in the future. I would be willing to pay for such a plugin. So if we find more interested members, we could collect and share. Post your interest about it!

21 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

Maybe Kevin will think about a "Premium Points Economy" Application in the future. I would be willing to pay for such a plugin. So if we find more interested members, we could collect and share. Post your interest about it!

I´d pay for that too

Archived