Pages SuperGrid support

12 minutes ago, superj707 said:

When I installed this it wiped out all of my current pages and left me with just blank pages :(

That isn’t really possible, since it’s just HTML templates. There is no programming code in there that has the ability to delete anything. 
I would suggest to either open a support ticket with IPS to check out these “blank pages” or to open another forum topic and explain in more detail what you are seeing. The description “blank pages” doesn’t say much about what is going on and what might be the cause. 

I understand but something when following the directions (correctly or not) of using this plugin is when all my pages were deleted. I thought at the least it might be something you would like to think over so it won't happen to others. Plus " The description “blank pages” doesn’t say much about what is going on and what might be the cause. " leads me to believe you would like more detail.  I will make another thread. Thanks

Edited by superj707
56 minutes ago, sobrenome said:

Why IPS takes so long to confirm payment by PayPal? I have ordered more than 3 hours ago and payment is still pending...

?

Mine goes through instantly, there used to be a small delay awhile back but not since 3.4.

Either this is related to the festive period or something else is going a mist, it may be fraud prevention checking (if so we should be thankful).

2 hours ago, superj707 said:

I understand but something when following the directions (correctly or not) of using this plugin is when all my pages were deleted. I thought at the least it might be something you would like to think over so it won't happen to others.

It's a template, it doesn't touch the content so it's not possible to delete your pages by installing the template. It's like saying that installing a theme deleted all the forum posts.

2 hours ago, superj707 said:

like blank

Blank page with no IPS branding is typical of a php error. You would need to check the php logs to see what's going on.

3 minutes ago, NoGi said:

It's a template, it doesn't touch the content so it's not possible to delete your pages by installing the template. It's like saying that installing a theme deleted all the forum posts.

Blank page with no IPS branding is typical of a php error. You would need to check the php logs to see what's going on.

Adding the templates caused widgets to fall off on some of my other templates. Don't assume that just because my pages are messed up that something was deleted. Also don't assume that this didn't have something to do with it. Adding the templates messed with the other templates some how and the php widget fell off. All my content was in the php widget and now it's gone. Thus the data on my pages isn't there anymore. I still have the widget and can re-add it. but I would have to build out all the content again. (already working on that)

I don't have a php error of any kind. It's not a blank page. It's my page with header and footer but no content.

Edited by superj707
1 minute ago, superj707 said:

All my content was in the php widget and now it's gone.

This is where you are perhaps getting a little confused as to where the fault is. Content doesn't reside in the widget, it resides in the database. The widget simply pulls the content to display as required. As I mentioned above, a blank page is probably a php error for which you need to look at the php log to see what is causing it. Does this occur on your test site before you rolled it out to your live site? If it didn't what's different between your test site and live site?

8 minutes ago, Joey_M said:

It's caused by the recent upgrade, my site's have lost blocks.

I don't even have this installed, so I think your blaming the wrong person for this. I know in the past this has happened, I lost everything but for me it just appears to be side widgets. Still very annoying but not @opentype's fault at all.

This makes sense. Please understand that my intention is not to "blame" anyone. Only trying to solve issues. For whatever it's worth I think opentype is an amazing contributer with incredible design skills. I do apologize if anything seems personal or as though I am passing blame.

Perhaps it was already missing and  I only noticed it after playing with this opentypes templates.

4 minutes ago, NoGi said:

This is where you are perhaps getting a little confused as to where the fault is. Content doesn't reside in the widget, it resides in the database. The widget simply pulls the content to display as required. As I mentioned above, a blank page is probably a php error for which you need to look at the php log to see what is causing it. Does this occur on your test site before you rolled it out to your live site? If it didn't what's different between your test site and live site?

I don't know how else to explain this other than saying trust me I don't have a php error. The widget was removed from my page some how and along with it the stuff that was in the widget. Even though the widget is working fine. I could add it back and it would work but my content is gone. See screen shot.

no widget.JPG

Edited by superj707
42 minutes ago, superj707 said:

This makes sense. Please understand that my intention is not to "blame" anyone. Only trying to solve issues. For whatever it's worth I think opentype is an amazing contributer with incredible design skills. I do apologize if anything seems personal or as though I am passing blame.

Perhaps it was already missing and  I only noticed it after playing with this opentypes templates.

I don't know how else to explain this other than saying trust me I don't have a php error. The widget was removed from my page some how and along with it the stuff that was in the widget. Even though the widget is working fine. I could add it back and it would work but my content is gone. See screen shot.

no widget.JPG

I reported the same issue back when a prior version wiped my site completely of all its blocks.

I'm not sure support can even help, as they wasn't able to for me - painstakingly I had to edit every page, every widget and re-write information I had displayed in the WYSIWYG editor widget. *Sigh

Speak with support though I do warn you, it may not be good news.

49 minutes ago, superj707 said:

Post the link to the new topic you create and we'll try to help you there, don't want to take this support thread way off topic

On 12/9/2016 at 6:31 AM, opentype said:

A block template is included, but it is only meant for the sidebar. The full grid view only comes with the database templates. 

Has anyone made a horizontal block template for their site? I was actually thinking of taking a look at the gallery image block to see how that works and maybe substitute for pages.

1 hour ago, PHOTOZONE said:

Has anyone know why my article page looks like this after manual transfer of template files?

The default background color is missing or set to transparent in your theme. 

You can override it in your custom.css so it looks right again:

.SG_record_right_with_image {
    background-color: #FFF;
}

I've tried to install a few times with no luck. Followed the directions although, I'm not seeing the " Category Template Group > Supergrid Categorylisting " as I'm "showing records like articles."  So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I'll paste what it ends up looking like below, any help would be appreciated :) 

35e6e60ed3e4768dcfb2f75063d241e5.png

5 hours ago, ADKGamers said:

I'm not seeing the " Category Template Group > Supergrid Categorylisting " as I'm "showing records like articles."  

That’s fine. 

5 hours ago, ADKGamers said:

So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I'll paste what it ends up looking like below, any help would be appreciated :) 

Looks like it is working, but you don’t have record images (or a manually set fallback image) and your theme deactivated the color differences which normally creates the visual boxes for each entry.