10 minutes ago, Bendensin said:

Mikey's app? What is Mikey's app? I don't understand you reply.  With respect, my questions were:

From where can I import quizzes?

Do I have to create all of the quizzes myself, or are there quizzes available that I can use?

The application contains an import tool (using XML), which means you can import and export quizzes if needed.  

You will need to create your own quizzes by building your own questions, which gives you an open space to create fun and exciting quiz questions that are unique to your community. 

Edited by Joel R
Just now, Bendensin said:

Thanks Adriano and Joel. Are there quizzes which have already been created that I can use? And if so, where can I get them?

There are no quizzes shared by the community yet.  So you'll need to create your own.  If you're short on ideas, you can browse the Internet to help you brainstorm and see sample questions.  

Thanks Joel. I was expecting the system would actually include quizzes that I could use, or that there would be quizzes that I could import from elsewhere. Unfortunately I don't have time to be writing quizzes. I wish I had known this before I bought it.

Edited by Bendensin
19 minutes ago, Bendensin said:

Thanks Joel. I was expecting the system would actually include quizzes that I could use, or that there would be quizzes that I could import from elsewhere. Unfortunately I don't have time to be writing quizzes. I wish I had known this before I bought it.

This is an application that provides the structure, but you'll need to provide your own content :).  Sort of like how IPS gives you the forum application, but you'll need to write your own topics.  

What I did was search the Internet for topics related to my community, and use those to brainstorm or copy-and-paste.  You can come up with quizzes pretty easily in that manner.  

11 hours ago, Bendensin said:

I was expecting the system would actually include quizzes that I could use, or that there would be quizzes that I could import from elsewhere. Unfortunately I don't have time to be writing quizzes. I wish I had known this before I bought it.

The app gives you the ability to create and manage them. It's up to you create content. Or do you have thousands of images when you buy Gallery? Or predefined topics when you install Forums? 

Edited by Adriano Faria

Good point. Seems I remember buying this app before some years ago, and there were lots of quizzes already out there that users were sharing with each other. Unfortunately I just don't have the time to do it... I put out an advert on a Facebook group for foreigners in Turkey for paid work for writing quizzes. I think it will be worth it. My site doesn't generate much social interaction, so this might be just the ticket to get some started.

Anyway thanks for the info Joel and Adriano. :)

Edited by Bendensin
2 hours ago, Bendensin said:

Seems I remember buying this app before some years ago, and there were lots of quizzes already out there that users were sharing with each other.

What you seem to ignore is that this is NOT the app you bought before. The other for IP. Board 3.4 was developed by Mikkey and was called QUIZ SYSTEM. Basically, I'm not Mikkey. And again, this is ANOTHER app. This one calls QUIZZES. 

1 hour ago, Saurabh Jain said:

I have a question title correct answer and wrong answers ready n excel table

however I am not able to generate xml .. can any 1 help me with the process

Do you want help in Excel? Sorry, can't help you. When I said "create manually", I really meant to create manually. Open the twmplate in Notepad, for example, and paste your questions/answers. 

Edited by Adriano Faria

From my members

It would be helpful if the administrator would post the statistics for this quiz, say high score, low score, mean score, and standard deviation, updated with each new test taker.

Possible?

On 4/24/2017 at 0:28 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Do you want help in Excel? Sorry, can't help you. When I said "create manually", I really meant to create manually. Open the twmplate in Notepad, for example, and paste your questions/answers. 

Ok I will write an excel  macro for this Then all your client can use them

I've hired a few people to write quizzes, and just took one. I wasn't fast enough, and ran out of time.

But rather than get an announcement that time had run out, I got a pop-up alert window which said:

Confirm

To display this page, Firefox must send information that will repeat any action (such as a search or order confirmation) that was performed earlier.

Kind of like what I get when I refresh a half-finished form.

Then I had to press the resend button. That took me to the results page, but is that how it is supposed to work? If not, is there a fix for this, or is there something I need to change in the settings?

11 minutes ago, Bendensin said:

That took me to the results page, but is that how it is supposed to work?

If you're adding questions and answers, no. There's no time limit and nothing in there that will throw you to the results page, which is a page from the PLAY module, not from the questions/answers module. It seems to be more a browse message for some reason rather than app message, which doesn't exists.

Edited by Adriano Faria

I was actually taking a quiz, and ran out of time. When I ran out of time, that was when I got the pop-up alert. It was similar to those I've gotten on websites when I refreshed the page while submitting a form. I was using Firefox 53.0 (64-bit) when it happened.

11 hours ago, Bendensin said:

I was actually taking a quiz, and ran out of time. When I ran out of time, that was when I got the pop-up alert. It was similar to those I've gotten on websites when I refreshed the page while submitting a form. I was using Firefox 53.0 (64-bit) when it happened.

Works fine for me in my online (support) board:

On 01/05/2017 at 8:14 AM, Saurabh Jain said:

found 1 more error and reproduced

please help me what is the error in xml

test2.xml

Your XML has a few problems:

- Number of questions is wrong. It's 20 but it has actually 5 questions and it misses an space before the "questions":

Capturar.png

- weird character before each word:

Capturar.png
I only managed to import after remove them all and even so, wrong answers didn't imported:

Manage_Questions_Answers_-_Support_Board

- There's a problem in the app: had to remove the "image" tag. It ends up in an error when importing. Not sure what has changed. I'll fix it.

15 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Your XML has a few problems:

- Number of questions is wrong. It's 20 but it has actually 5 questions and it misses an space before the "questions":

Capturar.png

- weird character before each word:

Capturar.png
I only managed to import after remove them all and even so, wrong answers didn't imported:

Manage_Questions_Answers_-_Support_Board

- There's a problem in the app: had to remove the "image" tag. It ends up in an error when importing. Not sure what has changed. I'll fix it.

Great thanks,...

removed all the three errors..

I saw in the given template   

answer_wrong="['ZZZZ','JHJJJJ','DDDDD','IIIIII']"

this is correct   =   inverted comma in starting and end......comma to seapate answer    and each wrong answer in single quote 

On 02/05/2017 at 9:35 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Look:

Capturar.png

It was a Core issue in the end. Quizzes IMPORT tool imports images from URL too. Couldn't test it yet.

8 hours ago, Saurabh Jain said:

added the space beforw questions

removed the extra characters

all wrong answers   have been enclosed in double quotes...

can you please check now

test.xml

I'll test it in a few hours.

Edited by Adriano Faria