Article from Pages? No. 

Next version will have a new type of quiz: study mode. This mode has no time challenge and no score, so users will may take the time they need in each question. There will be a button to display the explanation about the correct answer. 

See it in action: 

You can paste the content of your article in this field on Manage Questions & Answers.

I will release it later this week. 

10 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Article from Pages? No. 

Next version will have a new type of quiz: study mode. This mode has no time challenge and no score, so users will may take the time they need in each question. There will be a button to display the explanation about the correct answer. 

Cool...is possible at the same time let with time and score option to enable or disable? Because is more efective with time set up, guiding what time should be use to read and find the answer.

What's New in Version 1.1.0:

- New Feature:

• A new type of quiz is now available: Study Mode. This mode has no time challenge and no score, so users will may take the time they need in each question. There will be a button to display the explanation about the correct answer. A new field (type of quizzes) was added in every category, so admins can choose types of quizzes per category. Admin can use more than type per category. User will choose the type when creating the quiz on quiz post screen. There will be quiz converter (convert from Graded to Study or vice-versa) on quiz view.

- Fixes:

On 01/03/2017 at 5:05 PM, Adriano Faria said:

- New Feature:

• A new type of quiz is now available: Study Mode. This mode has no time challenge and no score, so users will may take the time they need in each question. There will be a button to display the explanation about the correct answer. A new field (type of quizzes) was added in every category, so admins can choose types of quizzes per category. Admin can use more than type per category. User will choose the type when creating the quiz on quiz post screen. There will be quiz converter (convert from Graded to Study or vice-versa) on quiz view.

- Fixes:

@Adriano Faria

Thank you for the update.

May I ask that you could possibly make some changes to the index page please and some possible fixes?

Fixes:

1. Quiz Statistic Box only handles vertical mode and not horizontal. Therefore I cannot place it with the main body blocks as it will displayed incorrectly.
  2. Leaders Rankings in the quiz area as some alignment issues, it doesn't look like everything is 'middle aligned' and looks off.
  3. Language Defines Issues: In the Extra fields there are some issues with some language defines not showing up correctly. category_forums_integration & cf_topic are not displaying as they should be.

Changes:

1. If no quiz Image is selected, can we default to the Quiz Category Image instead? This would save having to upload the same images all the time. (For us anyway).
  2. Add a button to lock/unlock a quiz from the quiz page.
  3. Ability to have start and end dates for each quiz (within the moderator options) or to be able to specify how many days the quiz should remain open before it gets locked.

Additions:

1. When playing in study mode, have the ability to add a graded mark % to the quiz that would signify whether the person taking the exam had pass of failed. You would then show a fail or pass mark to the person taking the Study Mode quiz/Exam.

Main Index Page

For the Main index page, can we move away from the generic Category/Quiz listing that seems to plague a lot of modules these days? It doesn't invite please in to play Quizzes and I have been told from a few of my members that it puts them off.

Personally I would prefer it if we could have a Featured Quiz Block with the ability to put a list of other quizzes underneath it.

Also, another feature that is missing which I would have on the index page, is a leadership block showing the total scores and ranking of the members that have taken part in the quizzes. My members actually like the challenge of getting to the top and it encourages them to take part more.

Other Changes

1. The ability for each member to display a list of quizzes that they have taken part it,
  2. Page that lists all available Quizzes in order of Date/Popularity/Score,
  3. Ability to list quiz by how popular they are or quizzes with the highest scores,
  4. A block that will display the profile of the member with the highest Quiz ranking (Sort of Kind of the hill thing),

Thanks.

Edited by TDBF
6 hours ago, TDBF said:
  • Quiz Statistic Box only handles vertical mode and not horizontal. Therefore I cannot place it with the main body blocks as it will displayed incorrectly.
  • Language Defines Issues: In the Extra fields there are some issues with some language defines not showing up correctly. category_forums_integration & cf_topic are not displaying as they should be.

Fixed in next version.

6 hours ago, TDBF said:

Leaders Rankings in the quiz area as some alignment issues, it doesn't look like everything is 'middle aligned' and looks off.

It seems aligned to me on desktop:

Capturar.png

or on mobile:

Capturar.png

It doesn't appear like that to you?

---------------------------------------------

Regarding suggestions, I appreciate. I won't discuss item by item because I don't want to compromise with none it but I will certainly take some into consideration for the forthcoming versions.

6 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Fixed in next version.

It seems aligned to me on desktop:

Capturar.png

or on mobile:

Capturar.png

It doesn't appear like that to you?

---------------------------------------------

Regarding suggestions, I appreciate. I won't discuss item by item because I don't want to compromise with none it but I will certainly take some into consideration for the forthcoming versions.

On Mobile the alignment seems fine, on desktop the numbers on the left should be top aligned or  match the right-hand column as the row doesn't look 'even'. It's no big deal, I can change the CSS style to suit me. :)

The other changes were just for your consideration. However, if you don't wish to add the global rankings/leadership table, I will add this myself. My members have stated that they do miss this as a feature on our forum.

Edited by TDBF
On 01/03/2017 at 5:05 PM, Adriano Faria said:

- New Feature:

- Fixes:

Can you add the ability to sort by 'Most Plays' in the Quiz Feed (For popular Blocks) please?

Just now, TDBF said:

You can't do a 'Join' for this?

Edited my post.

Anyway, you mean a new option here?

Capturar.png

I can certainly add new fields, like I already did in other apps but I'm not sure I can add an option there. Will take a look when I start to work in another version.

That's not a "table" to make joins. It is created like that in the model:

/* Sort */
 		$sortOptions = array();
 		foreach ( array( 'updated', 'title', 'num_comments', 'date', 'views', 'rating_average' ) as $k )
 		{
	 		if ( isset( $class::$databaseColumnMap[ $k ] ) )
	 		{
		 		$sortOptions[ $class::$databaseColumnMap[ $k ] ] = 'sort_' . $k;
	 		}
 		}
		$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Select( 'widget_feed_sort_on', isset( $this->configuration['widget_feed_sort_on'] ) ? $this->configuration['widget_feed_sort_on'] : $class::$databaseColumnMap['updated'], FALSE, array( 'options' => $sortOptions ) ), NULL, NULL, NULL, 'widget_feed_sort_on' );

So I'm not sure I can do this. Will take a look.

3 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Edited my post.

Anyway, you mean a new option here?

Capturar.png

I can certainly add new fields, like I already did in other apps but I'm not sure I can add an option there. Will take a look when I start to work in another version.

Yup, another option in the sort by.

I could do all this myself, but I just don't want to the pain of having to update my edits every-time you do a new release (I just don't have that amount of time ;))

Thanks again,

Edited by TDBF
Just now, TDBF said:

I could do all this myself

Do it by editing a php is easy. I'm not sure it is "hookable". Again:

/* Sort */
 		$sortOptions = array();
 		foreach ( array( 'updated', 'title', 'num_comments', 'date', 'views', 'rating_average' ) as $k )
 		{
	 		{
	 		}
 		}
		$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Select( 'widget_feed_sort_on', isset( $this->configuration['widget_feed_sort_on'] ) ? $this->configuration['widget_feed_sort_on'] : $class::$databaseColumnMap['updated'], FALSE, array( 'options' => $sortOptions ) ), NULL, NULL, NULL, 'widget_feed_sort_on' );

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

Do it by editing a php is easy. I'm not sure it is "hookable". Again:

/* Sort */
 		$sortOptions = array();
 		{
	 		{
	 		}
 		}

I see what you mean, I will have a look and see what I can come up with and if I come across a solution then I will pass it on to you. :)

If we can get these changes in the next update please?

Capture.thumb.PNG.f4cb974cf3a4be9d946ac6a30e966c9c.PNG

Here:  Please choose Your Answer

Capturxxe.thumb.PNG.22a7ae2ee9df6544eea09d1139d53291.PNG

Here if the answer is correct then:Your are right. The correct answer is  aaaaaaaaaaa. Click below to see the explanation.

If the answer was wrong: Your answer is wrong. The Correct answer is aaaaaaaaaaa. Click below to see the explanation.

Now onwards, the player should not be allowed to change his choice for this question.

Edited by Himadri Goswami

@Adriano Faria Thanks once again for the continuous improvement of this fantastic app. One question. How to I configure so that our moderators can exclude users' data? For example, a user failed a quiz because he opened another browser window, so we need to "exclude user data" for that quiz. However, I can't find the permission setting for this to allow moderators to be able to do that.

Thanks!

On 17/03/2017 at 2:26 AM, Gabriel Torres said:

@Adriano Faria Thanks once again for the continuous improvement of this fantastic app. One question. How to I configure so that our moderators can exclude users' data? For example, a user failed a quiz because he opened another browser window, so we need to "exclude user data" for that quiz. However, I can't find the permission setting for this to allow moderators to be able to do that.

Hi Gabriel.

By 'users data' you mean reset games? If so, currently, the moderator needs to have the permission to delete content, then the option will appear.

@Adriano Faria Hum... That is a problem for us as we don't want moderators to be able to delete contents, so we wouldn't want to enable this permission. So, as a suggestion, for a future release, to add a separate permission for that. No rush, I know that you spent more time than you normally spend on this app. Thanks for the explanation and keep up with the good work.

So just updated to the most recent version today and i am getting this error as soon as i create a quiz:

SELECT cf_id, cf_format FROM `ipbquizzes_cfields` AS `quizzes_cfields` WHERE cf_topic_quizzes=1
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'cf_topic_quizzes' in 'where clause' (1054)
#0 /just/somecrappywebsite/ontheinternet/forums/system/Db/Select.php(356): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\quizzes\\_...', Array, true)
#1 /just/somecrappywebsite/ontheinternet/forums/system/Db/Select.php(254): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /just/somecrappywebsite/ontheinternet/forums/applications/quizzes/sources/Quiz/Quiz.php(285): IPS\Db\_Select->setKeyField('cf_id')
#3 /just/somecrappywebsite/ontheinternet/forums/system/Theme/Theme.php(780) : eval()'d code(592): IPS\quizzes\_Quiz->customFields(true)
#4 /just/somecrappywebsite/ontheinternet/forums/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(57): IPS\Theme\class_quizzes_front_submit->topic(Object(IPS\quizzes\Quiz))
#5 /just/somecrappywebsite/ontheinternet/forums/applications/quizzes/sources/Quiz/Quiz.php(1330): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('topic', Array)
#6 /just/somecrappywebsite/ontheinternet/forums/applications/quizzes/sources/Quiz/Quiz.php(1190): IPS\quizzes\_Quiz->syncTopic()
#7 /just/somecrappywebsite/ontheinternet/forums/system/Content/Item.php(87): IPS\quizzes\_Quiz::createFromForm(Array, Object(IPS\quizzes\Category))
#8 /just/somecrappywebsite/ontheinternet/forums/applications/quizzes/modules/front/quizzes/submit.php(82): IPS\Content\_Item::create(Object(IPS\quizzes\Category))
#9 /just/somecrappywebsite/ontheinternet/forums/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(86): IPS\quizzes\modules\front\quizzes\_submit->submit()
#10 /just/somecrappywebsite/ontheinternet/forums/applications/quizzes/modules/front/quizzes/submit.php(28): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#11 /just/somecrappywebsite/ontheinternet/forums/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\quizzes\modules\front\quizzes\_submit->execute()
#12 /just/somecrappywebsite/ontheinternet/forums/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#13 {main}

It was running fine until i updated to this version.

Edit
I know the update came out on the 8th, but i have been quite busy and only got around to doing it today.

Edited by GregoryRasputin
24 minutes ago, GregoryRasputin said:

It was running fine until i updated to this version.

Where did you get this error? When saving an extra field or in category ?

EDIT: Sorry. Let me check it.

24 minutes ago, GregoryRasputin said:

So just updated to the most recent version today and i am getting this error as soon as i create a quiz:

Edited by Adriano Faria
34 minutes ago, GregoryRasputin said:

11 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Let me check it.

Fixed.

On 18/03/2017 at 9:37 AM, Adriano Faria said:

By 'users data' you mean reset games? If so, currently, the moderator needs to have the permission to delete content, then the option will appear.

17 hours ago, Gabriel Torres said:

That is a problem for us as we don't want moderators to be able to delete contents, so we wouldn't want to enable this permission. So, as a suggestion, for a future release, to add a separate permission for that.

Added as a new moderator permission:

Capturar.png