On 4.2.2017 at 8:47 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Enhancements in the "play" module only in a future version. That would require a total rewrite of it, which I'm not ready to make now. 

No ETA at this time. 

Hello Adriano, do you have time and desire to implement this?
... "more than a correct answer per question" .....

thx

For me it would be from a gimmick to something that gives my community a real added value.
We could create a quiz, make it accessible to others and it would also interest the app. Could be a win-win situation for all.
Do you have such a rough idea when you implement this? Q4 2017? 2018? ...

I would also be quite willing to pay more than $25.

Edited by Fandel

Adriano, this is looking really, really cool!  Thank you for creating such a great app!

I'll have more to say later, as I'm still immersed in creating my first quiz.  One minor bug I've found however:

If you create category A, give it an icon, set it up etc., then make a copy of it (category B) using the copy function and set that one up, deleting the old icon (from A) and putting in the one you want for B...when you return to category A, it will no longer have an icon (actually if will be there, but will be broken and show 0b in size).

Not a big deal - you can upload category A's icon again and all is well.  Just thought I'd let you know. :)

About the only other thing I have to say at this point is that a little straightforward documentation might be nice, e.g., how to create a link to the Quizzes page from the Menu Manager (I figured it out, but there wasn't any documentation on that and maybe some people might be left scratching their heads).

Keep up the great work!  As the owner of a teaching/research/tutoring site I'm already looking forward to updates :thumbsup:

EDIT: I don't know if this has to do with the Copy function I used to duplicate my first category, but the WYSIWYG field seems to have disappeared completely from my category A!  It is still on my category B, but I enabled the WYSIWYG field in Settings but for some reason there is no way to enter descriptive text in my first category.  Will try deleting and re-creating it.

Edited by liquidfractal
more information re: possible bug
37 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:

If you create category A, give it an icon, set it up etc., then make a copy of it (category B) using the copy function and set that one up, deleting the old icon (from A) and putting in the one you want for B...when you return to category A, it will no longer have an icon (actually if will be there, but will be broken and show 0b in size).

I'll try to reproduce it. 

37 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:

About the only other thing I have to say at this point is that a little straightforward documentation might be nice, e.g., how to create a link to the Quizzes page from the Menu Manager (I figured it out, but there wasn't any documentation on that and maybe some people might be left scratching their heads).

Menu Manager is a Core thing, nit related to this app, which creates a link in the navigation bar when installing it. 

39 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:

EDIT: I don't know if this has to do with the Copy function I used to duplicate my first category, but the WYSIWYG field seems to have disappeared completely from my category A!  It is still on my category B, but I enabled the WYSIWYG field in Settings but for some reason there is no way to enter descriptive text in my first category.  Will try deleting and re-creating it.

Copy category is another Core thing. If has to create a new category with exact same "content" from the source category. If it's not, provide steps to reproduce. 

Ok, so here is what I have: the Philosophy category was my first category, and here is a screenshot of the Question screen:

philscreen.thumb.jpg.386ab3557b24f7b25fc1640120ff7e77.jpg

So now here is my Music category screen (the category I created by copying Philosophy) and the Question screen seems to have the WYSIWYG field:

musicscreen.thumb.jpg.28609352f1c07caa8efeecd1ad5863ff.jpg

Hope this helps!

Oh, and I definitely selected WYSIWYG in Settings.

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

EXPLANATION field only appears in the STUDY mode quizzes. The first image is from a GRADED mode, the second from a STUDY mode.

You're copying a QUIZ or a CATEGORY?

I was copying a category, not a quiz; there were no quizzes at all when I copied the category, so I was copying an empty category with a category icon.

And ok, I selected both Study and Graded boxes when I created the category because I wanted to create both.  But NOW I'm clearer on the visual difference between the two.  I read about the Explanation field but got caught up in reading about something else.  Just wasn't paying full attention, apologies :(

I think I was looking for something more than just a textfield for the question title for all quiz questions, and looked at Explanation, and mistook that for a place where you could offer more information about the one-line question.  So that leads me to think: maybe you should make the Question title field editable by WYSIWYG instead of only a textfield?

For example, if I want to enter a question like: "Who wrote the Phenomenology of Spirit (1809)?", right now I am unable to italicize the book title (which is the standard way to render book titles).  So my mistake was looking at the Explanation field to offer more information on the question, when yes, it is obviously for the Study Quiz answer explanation.  But I think having more than a textfield at some point would make for more robust question titles :).

I also think it would help if you could get rid of the REQUIRED text by the question (if possible?), as it doesn't look appealing.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm being really critical...I'm not; I wouldn't spend this much time looking at details if I didn't love it so much! :)

8 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:

And ok, I selected both Study and Graded boxes when I created the category because I wanted to create both.  But NOW I'm clearer on the visual difference between the two.  I read about the Explanation field but got caught up in reading about something else.  Just wasn't paying full attention, apologies

That field will appear in STUDY quizzes. This is an option you do when you create the quiz. You're managing questions from a STUDY quiz, that's why the EXPLANATION field appears. On a GRADED quiz, it won't appear.

9 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:

So that leads me to think: maybe you should make the Question title field editable by WYSIWYG instead of only a textfield?

I don't have plans to do it.

10 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:

I also think it would help if you could get rid of the REQUIRED text by the question (if possible?), as it doesn't look appealing.

So you're asking me to allow EMPTY questions? I don't see any sense on it.

8 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

So you're asking me to allow EMPTY questions? I don't see any sense on it.

Oh no, I actually mean the red REQUIRED text that is beside the question (and answer) when someone is taking the quiz, as in the screenshot below:

question.jpg.70aa8a4a594b95a82174e9f06a2e9ad3.jpg

I don't know if that is part of the IPB core or not, but it would look nicer if at least the REQUIRED text could be removed from beside the question, since it's redundant, especially with the This field is required. at the bottom.  Is that possible?

One observation while testing things out:

If you run a Graded quiz with a question featuring an image, and the user clicks it to bring it up in the lightbox, if they click "Full Size" at the bottom left, it counts as a window switch and the user fails the quiz.

I'm guessing, though, that this is part of the IPS architecture which your app is integrated with so not sure if you can do anything about it.  Just thought I'd point it out though. :)

27 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:

I'm guessing, though, that this is part of the IPS architecture which your app is integrated with so not sure if you can do anything about it.  Just thought I'd point it out though.

Yes, it is. Since it opens a "new window", you leave the quiz window, thus it will finish the quiz.

I don't think there's something I can do.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Saurabh Jain said:

Will this work in 4.2  or  can be broken which will  requir updates...

I have no idea. I don't have 4.2 to test. If something brakes, will be fixed. 

5 hours ago, Saurabh Jain said:

I used to have quizez app earlier but with the version 4 it was killed...

the tables still in my database 

can something be done?

No. This is another app and has nothing to do with the other. There's no upgrade but there's a XML importer, so if you manually create a XML with quizzes info, questions and answers, you can use them on my app. There's a XML template in a folder in the Zip file.

Edited by Adriano Faria

I just bought Quizzes, but there are no quizzes. It's empty. Do I have to create all of the quizzes myself, or are there quizzes available that I can use?

I was a user of your system before, and as I recall there were quite a few quizzes available that I could use. Is that still the case?

7 minutes ago, Bendensin said:

I just bought Quizzes, but there are no quizzes. It's empty. Do I have to create all of the quizzes myself, or are there quizzes available that I can use?

I was a user of your system before, and as I recall there were quite a few quizzes available that I could use. I

If you read the post above, you'll see that my app has nothing to do with Mikey's app.

Mikey's app? What is Mikey's app? I don't understand you reply.  With respect, my questions were:

From where can I import quizzes?

Do I have to create all of the quizzes myself, or are there quizzes available that I can use?

Edited by Bendensin