(NB41) My Football

20 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

Yes

I can't get it to work, I thought the custom.css might be missing a "}" but it seems fine.

What is odd, since the most upgrade - other css parts don't seem to be working that did prior. I have no clue what's going on.

20 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

Are these in the language file?

Could you tell me the string or whatever it is in order to find them.

Sorry, I should've mentioned I tried the CSS in the default theme which doesn't have any edits. It didn't work.

1 hour ago, Joey_M said:

I can't get it to work, I thought the custom.css might be missing a "}" but it seems fine.

All your teams has position zero (0)

1 hour ago, Joey_M said:

Are these in the language file?

Could you tell me the string or whatever it is in order to find them.

Yes. Search by nbFootballWidgetTables_circle_win

2 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

All your teams has position zero (0)

Can the zero positions be automatically corrected when the tables updated? Would changing the position numbers effect the widget's table?

I'm trying to figure out what would be the best way forward.

If I can change the teams position without effects the widget's table that would fine.

Thanks Newbie.

@newbie LAC: I have just updated the fixtures so that all the games results that have been played are sorted.

I had edited the CSS previously to show the correct positioning.

However, since updating the markers added by CSS have moved. I need to change the 1_x part again. Should I be using a different method now in order to keep the markers/dashes permanently in place?

Suggestions for future update:

Table widget.

xCiPO8n.png

Mini table focusing on x teams.

Option settings:

Amount of teams to show
Ability to focus on x team [show x above, x below based on the 'amount of teams to show setting']
i.e the widget would focus on x team - ideal for fan sites that want to highlight their team
Option to show link to full table [toggle on/off]

Fixtures widget:

I know I've suggested a re-design already, but I do think something like this would make use of the space better.

xBDd54R.png
Something to consider:

When adding the results via the ACP, could an option be added to have links displayed?

KpIysZd.png

Beneath the team notes, maybe a couple of options to add title(s) and URL(s) to display alongside the final results.

This could be ideal to add 'Match Reports', 'Match Discussions' etc

Something like this...

qP0pz5B.jpg

Team Widget:

Can these be displayed like cards per positions?

So, Goalkeepers, Defenders, Midfielders, Attackers.

lEkwDnm.jpg

Something like this, which would show basic information and a picture of said player.

If possible could the main profile show as a popup? I'm not sure how this would work or effect the responsive side, but if it can work - for my case use it would be more ideal than linking straight to the actual players page.

The widget could even give options on what data it shows in the full profile popup.

These would be awesome. 👍🏻

• 8 months later...

@newbie LAC,

I reactivated your Football Application a couple of weeks ago, however I am unable to use it because it has not been updated for version 4.6, and I cannot download the previous version because I do not have version 4.5 installed.

Can you tell me if this app will be updated for 4.6? 🙂

• 1 year later...

Unfortunately, I fear we've lost a great part of the community here at IPS to some form of illness. When I asked Newbie LAC to build me this application, he listened and delivered one of the best third-party applications. His support, knowledge, improvements and general approach will be missed.

It's difficult to type this, as I still have thoughts of Newbie returning.

I still need this application and I have found a developer willing to remake it from scratch. Would anyone be willing to share its development cost? If we can do this, it saves it becoming custom. 👍

• 3 months later...

I am trying to gather a group of active or interested parties that use My Football app and would like to see it re-released for IPS 4.7.

I have found a developer willing to take on the work.

The cost would be split between those who help crowdfund the new application.

Those that do, will be promised a free upgrade to 5.0 as part of the deal. I am in the process of messaging known users. The benefit of crowdfunding is reducing the upfront cost.

Yet to also further improve on the ideas I had at the beginning, plus those from many users over time.

This time, the app can be used for any team sports, but it's important to get involved from the ground up. This will allow the user to customize the app according to their needs.

This app is unlikely to be forgotten if we don't have it remade.

----

My thoughts are still Newbie and his family; I personally won't forget what a generous and kind person that I got to know over the years.