Not good enough.

texterted

I had this week off on holiday, I thought it'd be a great time to get a grip and update my three licences to v4.

Hmm, It took over a day to generate an invoice because of my jumbled mix of legacy licences, ok fair enough.

So when I got the invoice I paid it straight away. Now, it's taken two days and counting and I've still not got my packages reactivated.

Maybe tomorrow, maybe never, who knows? I've had no contact on the ticket, so I haven't a clue? I sent a staff member a PM on here, he's looking for my ticket apparently.

I've wasted most of my holiday hanging around waiting on you and I've got nothing done.

You're really not "helping my business thrive".

On 10/20/2016 at 1:52 AM, texterted said:

Lindy sorted this for me today.

That's why IPS is great. No company is perfect. What matters to me is how a company responds to issues. IPS has been pretty good about sorting things out when issues arise.

• Management
9 hours ago, Tracy Perry said:

The quality of service and support HAS increased noticeably recently.  A lot of my complaints (no, not all of them, but the others have do do with what i consider script limitations compared to what I'm used to) have been eliminated.

I'm glad you have noticed :)

We made a lot of changes lately like closing bug tracker to public submissions, a new support flow (you will notice one general department now), and some other changes which have allowed us to better triage what is important. Previously things were thrown at as from many different directions and the noise level got to the point that it was hard to know what was a priority.

(And a new best tech...)

• Management
7 minutes ago, GlenP said:

I haven't.

As a CiC customer:-

Why can I not schedule an upgrade when it seems that every upgrade requires a reindexing of the site?

And when we have problems, why is "Upgrade to this weeks release"   the default response?

You are free to do the upgrade whenever you like. You don't have to wait for our staff to do it for you :) just click upgrade in the AdminCP. Reindexes are very fast. Our site here takes about 3 hours. Reindexing also goes from newest to oldest content so within just a few minutes your recent activity streams and such are repopulated. Also it is certainly not true that "every upgrade" requires a reindex. Version 4.1.16 did as we added new features but that is not every release.

You always want to be on the latest release to ensure you have the latest fixes and updates. I always make sure my computer is up to date with OS releases for that reason.

• Management
8 minutes ago, GlenP said:

So you missed the CiC bit then?

The same is true (and in fact we encourage it) for CiC clients. It seems you might not be aware of that but no problem - just submit a ticket and we can explain options to you :).

I've seem to have slipped through the net!

Ticket  965431 October 12th...

Jim said, "Someone will be along shortly to assist you."

They must be using a Zimmerframe, as they haven't arrived yet! 

Even the awesome, incredible customer service power that is released by poking @Lindy with a pointy stick (wrapped in cotton wool, since he is so nice) hasn't yet resulted in a response!

7 hours ago, Charles said:

The same is true (and in fact we encourage it) for CiC clients. It seems you might not be aware of that but no problem - just submit a ticket and we can explain options to you :).

I am fully aware of how to raise a ticket to move to the next version.As an Alternate Contact I have no choice anyway. (One of) The problem(S) is that we like to let our members know that the site will be offline for an 'upgrade' on X day at Y time. Every time I ask - usually 5 to 7 days in advance - to schedule the change I get told that is not possible. After much toing and froing Support finally deigns to do the change at the time requested but I fail to see why it needs to be such a hassle.

• Management

On 10/27/2016 at 6:28 PM, The Old Man said:

I've seem to have slipped through the net!

Ticket  965431 October 12th...

Jim said, "Someone will be along shortly to assist you."

They must be using a Zimmerframe, as they haven't arrived yet! 

Even the awesome, incredible customer service power that is released by poking @Lindy with a pointy stick (wrapped in cotton wool, since he is so nice) hasn't yet resulted in a response!

You sure did... I'm very sorry; you called me nice and everything and I failed you. We recently introduced the low priority status and as it happens, I hadn't updated my own filters, so I didn't your ticket. After I finish addressing your support request, I'm going to suspend myself for two weeks. :)

Seriously though - I'm sorry about that. Totally my bad. 

On 10/27/2016 at 7:14 PM, GlenP said:

I am fully aware of how to raise a ticket to move to the next version.As an Alternate Contact I have no choice anyway. (One of) The problem(S) is that we like to let our members know that the site will be offline for an 'upgrade' on X day at Y time. Every time I ask - usually 5 to 7 days in advance - to schedule the change I get told that is not possible. After much toing and froing Support finally deigns to do the change at the time requested but I fail to see why it needs to be such a hassle.

We're actually working on an improvement to move towards a one-click(ish) upgrade for CiC clients. While we're of course happy to help you as needed, you really shouldn't need us for upgrades on CiC... if you do, we'd like to address why. Then you can upgrade at your leisure. As it stands, our infrastructure and expansive growth with IPS4 does not permit scheduling of upgrades, I'm afraid. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes and feel free to reach out after we've added provisions for alt contacts to initiate upgrades.

7 hours ago, Lindy said:

you really shouldn't need us for upgrades on CiC... if you do, we'd like to address why.

Lindy

We may an unusual case. Our Account Holder is really more like an Account Manager. He manages the fund raising and making sure the bills are paid while the Alternate Contacts like me manage keeping the forum online. As an Alternate Contact I don't have access to the ability to upgrade. At least I didn't when I tried one on a test CiC site we had preparing to move from 3.4.

If there was some way to create a "super alternate" (max 1 or 2per site) who could do upgrades but have none of the other special access e.g. buying from Marketplace, that would be very helpful. especially with proposed changes to CiC upgrades you mention.

Also, I can't see where we would do a pre-upgrade backup in 4.x.

Glen

8 minutes ago, GlenP said:

As an Alternate Contact I don't have access to the ability to upgrade. At least I didn't when I tried one on a test CiC site we had preparing to move from 3.4.

Yes - this is a serious issue for me as well. My alternate contact tried but was not able to upgrade with his log-in credentials here

Lindy said in another topic that he would look into solving this issue, because giving away log-in credentials to this site is not allowed. 

• 1 month later...
On 01/11/2016 at 9:00 PM, GlenP said:

Lindy

We may an unusual case. Our Account Holder is really more like an Account Manager. He manages the fund raising and making sure the bills are paid while the Alternate Contacts like me manage keeping the forum online. As an Alternate Contact I don't have access to the ability to upgrade. At least I didn't when I tried one on a test CiC site we had preparing to move from 3.4.

If there was some way to create a "super alternate" (max 1 or 2per site) who could do upgrades but have none of the other special access e.g. buying from Marketplace, that would be very helpful. especially with proposed changes to CiC upgrades you mention.

Also, I can't see where we would do a pre-upgrade backup in 4.x.

Glen

@Lindy

See ticket #969864 for the latest example Alternate Contacts have when requesting an upgrade.

• 1 month later...

Archived