Snow

Bug Report, when the snow is enabled some of it gets stuck on the center of the screen?

Screenshot_7.thumb.png.5378b166e6fcc6ab31ae2660ef771f61.png

Edit: Also the Snow when it reaches the bottom of the page begins to infinatly expand the vertical size of the window instead of getting to bottom of the page and disapearing

Screenshot_8.thumb.png.9f0217af936fbfc11c0289d1ac4e3760.png

Edited by lostking329

Hi @lostking329, these are known issues. I didn't write the original JavaScript, and I can't offer support for it. I can only get it working as a plugin for IPS. You can work around the "infinite scrolling" bug by limiting it to display only in the header. The "stuck flakes" occurs fairly rarely, but if you turn off some of the animation options (such as follow mouse, etc.) you can avoid it most of the time.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

I'm running Invision version 4.4.9.1 and I'm having an issue (in Snow version 1.3.2) where the snow doesn't stop at the bottom of the page. It continues falling forever and causes the browser window (Chrome) to infinitely extend downwards to accommodate the flakes. This happens on the default theme. Snow version 1.3.1 works fine.

17 minutes ago, JohnDar said:

I'm running Invision version 4.4.9.1 and I'm having an issue (in Snow version 1.3.2) where the snow doesn't stop at the bottom of the page. It continues falling forever and causes the browser window (Chrome) to infinitely extend downwards to accommodate the flakes. This happens on the default theme. Snow version 1.3.1 works fine.

Known issue, a good workaround is to limit the snow to just the header of your forum. See the settings window, I explain how to do this there.

Try experimenting with other target CSS class elements, too.

9 hours ago, wohali said:

Known issue, a good workaround is to limit the snow to just the header of your forum. See the settings window, I explain how to do this there.

Try experimenting with other target CSS class elements, too.

Hi... on our site it is limited to ipsLayout_header but still infinite scroll. Could it be something else?

1.3.1 works fine on 4.4.9.1

Edited by waccoe.com
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...