Snow

On 2016-11-01 at 3:15 PM, EmpireKickass said:

Is there away to control on what theme that I want to have the snow on?

I have three themes and only wanted on one of them!!!

I worked out how to add this functionality. Just finishing testing; the new version will be uploaded within the next hour.

On 2016-11-01 at 5:52 PM, Michael R said:

Can the user turn it off for them personally? Can it be on or off for mobile?

There's already a setting for on/off for mobile in the plugin settings - click the Edit pencil next to the plugin, then toggle the "Enable snow effect on mobile platforms?" option.

IPS plugins are very simple and don't have the concept of adding individual user on/off settings. I'd have to convert it to a full-blown IPS application to provide a per-user on/off setting in their Profile page.

A secondary option would be via a browser cookie with an on/off toggle link in the footer, but this would be difficult to ensure that it worked with 3rd party themes. It'd also default back to on for new browsers, or if they cleared their browser cookies. In other words, it'd be a sub-par solution.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @wohali my members love the snow effect! Thank you. :) Just a question though, is it possible to have the snow on entire screen instead of just one HTML element ID? By default, it's only the header. I tried adding ipsLayout_body and document.body separating them by comma but it won't work. Any advice would be much appreciated. :)

Edited by Shyuan
8 hours ago, Shyuan said:

Hi @wohali my members love the snow effect! Thank you. :) Just a question though, is it possible to have the snow on entire screen instead of just one HTML element ID? By default, it's only the header. I tried adding ipsLayout_body and document.body separating them by comma but it won't work. Any advice would be much appreciated. :)

No, not easily. To target multiple HTML elements I'd need to instantiate multiple copies of the JS snow effect. This JS implementation is already kind of a pig on browsers, so multiple instances will *really* slow things down.

35 minutes ago, EmpireKickass said:

Works great but not for all the themes. doesn't work with one custom theme of mine

Yeah, I can't test this against all themes out there...especially commercial ones that I don't have the budget to purchase. Sorry about that :/

6 minutes ago, wohali said:

No, not easily. To target multiple HTML elements I'd need to instantiate multiple copies of the JS snow effect. This JS implementation is already kind of a pig on browsers, so multiple instances will *really* slow things down.

No problem! That's understandable. :)

• 11 months later...