Contact Us

On 9/13/2020 at 12:15 AM, AlexJ said:

When I try to upgrade, it says, i got latest update but I know for sure, I don't. 

image.thumb.png.9ad2c75a306c818350f37c2261d3e166.png

I don't see why. 4.4 (1.3.1) has long version 11011 and 4.5 (1.3.2) has long version 11012 so it should point that there's a new version. Have you clicked a few times and rebuilt the cache in support tool? Other users says that (other) apps shows update available after that.

Anyway, I will submit a new version to fix the original Contact Us link at the bottom not being replaced by the one of this app. Try again after the new version is available.

Thank you.

• 2 months later...

@Adriano Faria - When I try to edit department, I am getting below error:

UPDATE `ipb_cjcontact_departments` cjcontact_departments  SET `departments_support_department`=NULL,`departments_forums`=236,`departments_member`=9099 WHERE departments_id=1 
IPS\Db\Exception: Column 'departments_support_department' cannot be null (1048)
#0 /home/xxxx/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(1161): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery()
#1 /home/xxxx/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(520): IPS\_Db->update()
#2 /home/xxxx/public_html/system/Node/Model.php(2389): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /home/xxxx/public_html/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(257): IPS\Node\_Model->save()
#4 /home/xxxx/public_html/system/Node/Model.php(3314): IPS\Node\radtags_hook_C_NodeModel->save()
#5 /home/xxxx/public_html/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(184): IPS\Node\_Model->saveForm()
#6 /home/xxxx/public_html/applications/cjcontact/sources/Departments/Departments.php(307): IPS\Node\radtags_hook_C_NodeModel->saveForm()
#7 /home/xxxx/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(413): IPS\cjcontact\_Departments->saveForm()
#8 /home/xxxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\Node\_Controller->form()
#9 /home/xxxx/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#10 /home/xxxx/public_html/applications/cjcontact/modules/admin/departments/departments.php(20): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#11 /home/xxxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\cjcontact\modules\admin\departments\_departments->execute()
#12 /home/xxxx/public_html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#13 {main}

Edited by AlexJ
28 minutes ago, AlexJ said:

When I try to edit department, I am getting below error:

Do you have Commerce installed? This column shouldn’t be NULL, if you don’t have it.

Run this query in your SQL Toolbox:

ALTER TABLE ipb_cjcontact_departments MODIFY COLUMN  departments_support_department INT(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;

I’ll have to release a new version to fix it but try the above first. 

2 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Do you have Commerce installed? This column shouldn’t be NULL, if you don’t have it.

Run this query in your SQL Toolbox:

ALTER TABLE ipb_cjcontact_departments MODIFY COLUMN  departments_support_department INT(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;

I’ll have to release a new version to fix it but try the above first. 

Yes, I have commerce installed. I run the query and I still get same error when I try to save the contact us dept.

error.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I’m not sure what you mean. 

Capture the user IP i.e. who is sending Contact Us and when Contact Us creates a topic/post, add the IP information to it. 

So it shows User IP: User IP when using Contact Us.

image.png.30e0ca349a3280216edd1bfc171082c1.png

Edited by AlexJ
1 minute ago, AlexJ said:

Capture the user IP i.e. who is sending Contact Us and when Contact Us creates a topic/post, add the IP information to it. 

Not sure about that. IP is a personal information (GDPR). I know people here that uses the topic in an open forum, so anyone can see its content. IP would have to be displayed to moderators only but that’s not possible being part of the post.

On 12/29/2020 at 5:18 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Not sure about that. IP is a personal information (GDPR). I know people here that uses the topic in an open forum, so anyone can see its content. IP would have to be displayed to moderators only but that’s not possible being part of the post.

Can we make it optional? Ex: Our Contact Us topics are created in a category where only moderators have access. Mod's already can see IP so for us it doesn't cause any issues. With IP attached, we can find the account associated with it and help user easily. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello Adriano,

I thought that "Contact Us" always used to work correctly (past 5 years, at least) but it now seems to be completely broken and departments appear to not work. I'm not sure exactly when the problem started but we recently upgraded Invision to 4.6.5.1 and Contact Us to 1.3.4 and that appears to have broken things.

I have uninstalled Contact Us from our test system (bntest.org.uk) and reinstalled it from the marketplace but the problem seems to be just the same.

When I use Contact Us it does not matter which department I select (we have 5 departments) as they all behave the same. The email is ONLY sent to Settings::i()->email_out plus the submitter if the submitter requests a copy. The email does NOT get sent to any of the members of the department.

Our departments are set up with no groups selected, only one additional email for each group. Examination of the PHP indicates that groups and additional email addresses should be handled the same way.

In Contact\Contact.php it seems to do the send of the email. Before the send of the email it is built by a call to buildEmail().

The function buildEmail seems to accumulate all members of the department group and of the additional emails under the variable $staff and then assign it to $this->cc. The function also accumulates Settings::i()->email_out and optionally the user email under $email and assigns this to $this->to.

The email is then sent to $this->to and the $this->cc appears to be ignored.

Well, I don't want the email sent to Settings::i()->email_out and I only want it sent to the list that you accumulated under $staff plus optionally the user. I thought that that was the way that it used to behave before 1.3.4.

Thanks very much.

John