Contact Us

45 minutes ago, Joey_M said:

Would you be able to provide me with a fix to this please? I'm expecting several important e-mails and for some reason, the descriptions don't permit detailed writing due to it breaking the box - please see my screenshot.

Hi there. I'll re-work some things in this app and this one of them... it's on my to-do list (there a few first). In the meantime, you can apply a template edit. cjcontact -> front -> contact -> departmentsDescription. Find:

{$desc}

Change to:

<span style='white-space:normal;'>{$desc}</span>

Will looks like this:

Capturar.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Adriano

I recently purchased Contact Us 1.1.4 and installed it and it great! However the Contact Us links in error boxes still go to the IPS standard contact us form rather then the plug-in.
e.g. The link provided on the error pages such as "Sorry, there is a problem. We could not locate the item you are trying to view. Error code: 2T254/2"  

Is this unique to me, a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks in anticpation

Many thanks

Nick

• 3 months later...
On 15/05/2017 at 10:03 PM, Kekcik said:

Hi again

So i check all settings and noticed that i can set in acp only one fixed member id (topic starter announcement) 

so privacy settings won't worked. Cause topic will be started always from the 1 same member, but not from an original user.

I think if user created contact us form, new topic on forum should be pasted under his username, than privacy settings will worked. Otherwise no.

But anyways better to create ticket system. Like it will be conversations in this module, so new topics won't be created. Just inside contact us system. Registered user will see pending requests, answered or closed status. So he can feel free to answer there or add something which he missed. Administartion or mods will receive pending requests and answer there.

@Adriano Faria, what i realy want is this.

You want a setting to make one chosen member always be the topic author?

Sorry, you want the form submitter to be the topic author? That can bring an issue: the class post checks permission when creating a topic and will fail if the author hasn't permission to do so. The topic will not be created.

Edited by Adriano Faria
2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

You want a setting to make one chosen member always be the topic author?

Sorry, you want the form submitter to be the topic author? That can bring an issue: the class post checks permission when creating a topic and will fail if the author hasn't permission to do so. The topic will not be created.

IF is a member = the topic author will be the author(member logged in)

IF is a guest = the topic author will be the fixed member id

OR

IF is a member =name of author (member logged in) in the post

IF is a guest show the email in the post

You didn’t understand. The issue is PERMISSION, like John Doe trying to create a topic in a forum where he can’t. That is the problem. 

So now you say: “I will choose a proper forum”. Then I say: you’re not alone; more 53 clients uses this resource so there’s a HUGE chance of someone set up it wrongly, which will result in support request, bad review... you know, all the drama involved. So most likely I won’t add this.

But easy enough to show you how to do it. I’ll post the edit tomorrow then you do in your install. 

On 15/05/2017 at 6:03 PM, Kekcik said:

Hi again

So i check all settings and noticed that i can set in acp only one fixed member id (topic starter announcement) 

so privacy settings won't worked. Cause topic will be started always from the 1 same member, but not from an original user.

I think if user created contact us form, new topic on forum should be pasted under his username, than privacy settings will worked. Otherwise no.

But anyways better to create ticket system. Like it will be conversations in this module, so new topics won't be created. Just inside contact us system. Registered user will see pending requests, answered or closed status. So he can feel free to answer there or add something which he missed. Administartion or mods will receive pending requests and answer there.

12 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

But easy enough to show you how to do it. I’ll post the edit tomorrow then you do in your install. 

Open applications\cjcontact\sources\Contact\Contact.php and find:

$member = \IPS\Member::load( $this->department->member );

Change to:

$member = \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id ? \IPS\Member::loggedIn() : \IPS\Member::load( $this->department->member );

It will use the logged in member as topic author if it's a registered user and the member chosen in department settings if it's a guest.

• 1 month later...

Adriano,

Good day and thank you for the great mods that you do.

I am having an issue with setting up the Contact Us form to work with my forum. I am rather new to IPS so the error is likely something I've done wrong.

When I try to create a new field (Select Box), I get the following error...

UPDATE `cjcontact_cfields` cjcontact_cfields  SET `cf_pf_allow_attachments`=1,`cf_topic`=false,`cf_search_type`='exact',`cf_type`='Select',`cf_content`='["Character Help","General RPG Question","Joining","Technical Assistance",""]',`cf_multiple`=false,`cf_not_null`=true,`cf_max_input`=0,`cf_input_format`=NULL,`cf_format`='' WHERE cf_id=2 
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'cf_pf_allow_attachments' in 'field list' (1054)
#0 /var/www/html/k279657/system/Db/Db.php(990): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\Node\\_Mod...', Array)
#1 /var/www/html/k279657/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(492): IPS\_Db->update('`cjcontact_cfie...', '`cf_pf_allow_at...', 'WHERE cf_id=?')
#2 /var/www/html/k279657/system/Node/Model.php(2270): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /var/www/html/k279657/system/Node/Model.php(3053): IPS\Node\_Model->save()
#4 /var/www/html/k279657/system/Node/Controller.php(391): IPS\Node\_Model->saveForm(Array)
#5 /var/www/html/k279657/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\Node\_Controller->form()
#6 /var/www/html/k279657/system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /var/www/html/k279657/applications/cjcontact/modules/admin/departments/fields.php(31): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#8 /var/www/html/k279657/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\cjcontact\modules\admin\departments\_fields->execute()
#9 /var/www/html/k279657/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

I am also not very skilled when it comes to anything highly technical.

Steps I've taken: I have cleared my database cache, disabled and re-enabled the app, uninstalled and reinstalled. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards and thank you for your time,

~ Stormwolfe

• 1 month later...

Hi Adriano,

I've just installed the app (and therefore I'm just getting familiar with it).

However, first thing I've noticed is that when you post to a forum, which is set not to increase post count, it does anyway.

Then if I want to add the member name to the message, do I need to add an extra field? Or I'm not seeing any because it's just me testing it as an admin? In case I need to add a field, is there a way for the system to detect the member's name?

10 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

@PPlanet, this is not a content item. This is not supposed to increase content count. If it were, it would be solicit in the file description. It works like default CONTACT US form; it doesn’t increase content count 

But for some reason it does. I don't mean the person sending the message, but the user selected to post it to the particular forum. We have a member which is a bot for all that type of things and its post count is zero, yet two tests in two subforums (which are set not to increase) and its post count now is 2.

Edited by PPlanet

Okay, even if the forum it's posting to is set to not increase the post count? It was different in the 3.4 version.

Sorry Adriano, and regarding my other question?

43 minutes ago, PPlanet said:

Then if I want to add the member name to the message, do I need to add an extra field? Or I'm not seeing any because it's just me testing it as an admin? In case I need to add a field, is there a way for the system to detect the member's name?

What's New in Version 1.1.6:

• It now checks the forum setting to increment content count
9 hours ago, PPlanet said:

This and other enhancements will come in a new version when IPS 4.3 is out.

When I install this - and you go to fill out the contact form, you get a PHP error on the next page, and the message is never posted to the forum.

Fatal error: Call to a member function addToStack() on null in /home/meas/public_html/forum/system/Email/Email.php(660) : eval()'d code on line 71