Contact Us

14 hours ago, BN_IT_Support said:

Hello Adriano,

I thought that "Contact Us" always used to work correctly (past 5 years, at least) but it now seems to be completely broken and departments appear to not work. I'm not sure exactly when the problem started but we recently upgraded Invision to 4.6.5.1 and Contact Us to 1.3.4 and that appears to have broken things.

I have uninstalled Contact Us from our test system (bntest.org.uk) and reinstalled it from the marketplace but the problem seems to be just the same.

When I use Contact Us it does not matter which department I select (we have 5 departments) as they all behave the same. The email is ONLY sent to Settings::i()->email_out plus the submitter if the submitter requests a copy. The email does NOT get sent to any of the members of the department.

Our departments are set up with no groups selected, only one additional email for each group. Examination of the PHP indicates that groups and additional email addresses should be handled the same way.

In Contact\Contact.php it seems to do the send of the email. Before the send of the email it is built by a call to buildEmail().

The function buildEmail seems to accumulate all members of the department group and of the additional emails under the variable $staff and then assign it to $this->cc. The function also accumulates Settings::i()->email_out and optionally the user email under $email and assigns this to $this->to.

The email is then sent to $this->to and the $this->cc appears to be ignored.

Well, I don't want the email sent to Settings::i()->email_out and I only want it sent to the list that you accumulated under $staff plus optionally the user. I thought that that was the way that it used to behave before 1.3.4.

Thanks very much.

John

Thanks for letting me know. Will make some tests and update it if required.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

Have just been informed this is not working and when I tried a test I got this error:

TypeError: explode(): Argument #2 ($string) must be of type string, array given (0)
#0 /home/customer/www/.com/public_html/system/CustomField/CustomField.php(1029): explode(',', Array)
#1 /home/customer/www/.com/public_html/system/Email/Email.php(949) : eval()'d code(33): IPS\_CustomField->displayValue(Array)
#2 /home/customer/www/com/public_html/system/Email/Email.php(952): IPS\Theme\email_html_cjcontact_notification_cjcontact(Object(IPS\Member), 'admin@walkingfo...', '<p>\n\ttest\n</p>\n', 'test', 'Promotions Depa...', Array, Object(IPS\Email\Outgoing\Php))
#3 /home/customer/www/.com/public_html/system/Email/Email.php(367): IPS\_Email::template('cjcontact', 'notification_cj...', 'html', Array)
#4 /home/customer/www/.com/public_html/system/Email/Email.php(678): IPS\_Email->compileContent('html', Object(IPS\Member))
#5 /home/customer/www/.com/public_html/system/Email/Outgoing/Php.php(58): IPS\_Email->_compileMessage(Object(IPS\Member), '--==_mimepart_2...', '\r\n', 68)
#6 /home/customer/www/.com/public_html/system/Email/Email.php(735): IPS\Email\Outgoing\_PHP->_send(Array, Array, Array, NULL, NULL, Array)
#7 /home/customer/www/.com/public_html/init.php(927) : eval()'d code(111): IPS\_Email->send(Array)
#8 /home/customer/www/.com/public_html/applications/cjcontact/sources/Contact/Contact.php(105): IPS\bouncer_hook_Email->send(Array)
#9 /home/customer/www/.com/public_html/applications/cjcontact/sources/Contact/Contact.php(82): IPS\cjcontact\_Contact->sendEmail(Array)
#10 /home/customer/www/.com/public_html/applications/cjcontact/sources/Contact/Contact.php(67): IPS\cjcontact\_Contact->sendRecord(Array)
#11 /home/customer/www/.com/public_html/applications/cjcontact/modules/front/contact/contactus.php(36): IPS\cjcontact\_Contact->form()
#12 /home/customer/www/.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\cjcontact\modules\front\contact\_contactus->manage()
#13 /home/customer/www/.com/public_html/applications/cjcontact/modules/front/contact/contactus.php(25): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#14 /home/customer/www/.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\cjcontact\modules\front\contact\_contactus->execute()
#15 /home/customer/www/.com/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#16 {main}

On 1/10/2023 at 9:55 AM, Unlucky said:

Hi,

Have just been informed this is not working and when I tried a test I got this error:

TypeError: explode(): Argument #2 ($string) must be of type string, array given (0)
#0 /home/customer/www/.com/public_html/system/CustomField/CustomField.php(1029): explode(',', Array)
#1 /home/customer/www/.com/public_html/system/Email/Email.php(949) : eval()'d code(33): IPS\_CustomField->displayValue(Array)
#2 /home/customer/www/com/public_html/system/Email/Email.php(952): IPS\Theme\email_html_cjcontact_notification_cjcontact(Object(IPS\Member), 'admin@walkingfo...', '<p>\n\ttest\n</p>\n', 'test', 'Promotions Depa...', Array, Object(IPS\Email\Outgoing\Php))
#3 /home/customer/www/.com/public_html/system/Email/Email.php(367): IPS\_Email::template('cjcontact', 'notification_cj...', 'html', Array)
#4 /home/customer/www/.com/public_html/system/Email/Email.php(678): IPS\_Email->compileContent('html', Object(IPS\Member))
#5 /home/customer/www/.com/public_html/system/Email/Outgoing/Php.php(58): IPS\_Email->_compileMessage(Object(IPS\Member), '--==_mimepart_2...', '\r\n', 68)
#6 /home/customer/www/.com/public_html/system/Email/Email.php(735): IPS\Email\Outgoing\_PHP->_send(Array, Array, Array, NULL, NULL, Array)
#7 /home/customer/www/.com/public_html/init.php(927) : eval()'d code(111): IPS\_Email->send(Array)
#8 /home/customer/www/.com/public_html/applications/cjcontact/sources/Contact/Contact.php(105): IPS\bouncer_hook_Email->send(Array)
#9 /home/customer/www/.com/public_html/applications/cjcontact/sources/Contact/Contact.php(82): IPS\cjcontact\_Contact->sendEmail(Array)
#10 /home/customer/www/.com/public_html/applications/cjcontact/sources/Contact/Contact.php(67): IPS\cjcontact\_Contact->sendRecord(Array)
#11 /home/customer/www/.com/public_html/applications/cjcontact/modules/front/contact/contactus.php(36): IPS\cjcontact\_Contact->form()
#12 /home/customer/www/.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\cjcontact\modules\front\contact\_contactus->manage()
#13 /home/customer/www/.com/public_html/applications/cjcontact/modules/front/contact/contactus.php(25): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#14 /home/customer/www/.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\cjcontact\modules\front\contact\_contactus->execute()
#16 {main}

To confirm, are you using any extra fields in the form?

On 1/10/2023 at 9:55 AM, Unlucky said:

Hi,

#16 {main}

On 1/11/2023 at 11:55 AM, Unlucky said:

Yes we have a gdpr consent tickbox.

We also have more than one dept. You can see them here:

https://www.walkingfootball.com/contactus/

I have fixed the error for specific types of extra fields and also added, as a new setting, a new field to make the user confirm the submission:

33qLnIi.png

srQ2sTh.png

Thanks for reporting. Will upload new version.

Note: the text is a language bit so you can change to something more appropriate to your usage.

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, AlexJ said:

Hi @Adriano Faria - Website shows 3 contact us and it's confusing for users.. Can you please take a look. May 1 at top and 1 at bottom might be ok? 

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

I see. Both links goes to same place so it won't make your users go crazy. As it isn't crashing your board and it is a cosmetic issue, I'll take a look when I have to update it again or up to the end of this month.

👍

Hi @Adriano Faria, it looks like since the upgrade to 4.7.6, two weeks ago or so, my Contact form is not working and I had not realised. It shows a confirmation as sent to whoever sends the message but it doesn't come through.

I'm using it with topics created in a subforum and an email notification to admins.

I don't have any extra field.

Cheers.

On 2/3/2023 at 4:06 PM, AlexJ said:

Hi @Adriano Faria - Website shows 3 contact us and it's confusing for users.. Can you please take a look. May 1 at top and 1 at bottom might be ok? 

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

On 2/6/2023 at 7:02 AM, PPlanet said:

Hi @Adriano Faria, it looks like since the upgrade to 4.7.6, two weeks ago or so, my Contact form is not working and I had not realised. It shows a confirmation as sent to whoever sends the message but it doesn't come through.

I'm using it with topics created in a subforum and an email notification to admins.

I don't have any extra field.

Cheers.

New version is pending approval.

I hate to bother again so soon but I think there's something still not working at least for me.

As it happens, it does work well creating topics in a subforum, but it doesn't seem to send emails at the same time to the selected group nor to any additional email address you could add in the admin settings.

3 minutes ago, PPlanet said:

I hate to bother again so soon but I think there's something still not working at least for me.

As it happens, it does work well creating topics in a subforum, but it doesn't seem to send emails at the same time to the selected group nor to any additional email address you could add in the admin settings.

This app doesn’t control the “time” it sends the email. That’s up to the server (queue, etc). You click in button, it runs the script and the email is sent. That’s the end of this resource flow. What happens after that, isn’t controlled by this resource. Btw, the version before the latest only added a checkbox in the form. Nothing else changed.

I tested and I received the email. Will test it again later and will reply back.

13 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

This app doesn’t control the “time” it sends the email. That’s up to the server (queue, etc). You click in button, it runs the script and the email is sent. That’s the end of this resource flow. What happens after that, isn’t controlled by this resource. Btw, the version before the latest only added a checkbox in the form. Nothing else changed.

I tested and I received the email. Will test it again later and will reply back.

Sorry, I didn't express myself correctly. I simply meant to say that it doesn't send an email as well, even if it's selected to do so in the settings. I also configured it to send emails without creating a topic in the forum, and no luck either.

Now, I'm still running 4.7.6, so maybe that's the problem. I can wait until I upgrade and try again.

On 2/13/2023 at 7:59 AM, PPlanet said:

You were right. There was an issue.

Fixed in a version tested by @PPlanet. If anyone else needs the fix before the marketplace approval queue time, just send a message; FTP is required to upload a file.

• 4 weeks later...

Just installed. Love it. Minor observation, the forum topic that gets created doesn't seem to reflect the department that generated it.  

Example (dog forum) selecting Grooming Request department creates a forum topic as expected, but the embedded content shows "General" as the department. 

Could contain: File, Webpage, Text

Choosing a different department also still lists General as the originator.

Really like how this app works. Will be useful for our organization.

3 hours ago, bradl said:

Just installed. Love it. Minor observation, the forum topic that gets created doesn't seem to reflect the department that generated it.  

Example (dog forum) selecting Grooming Request department creates a forum topic as expected, but the embedded content shows "General" as the department. 

Could contain: File, Webpage, Text

Choosing a different department also still lists General as the originator.

Really like how this app works. Will be useful for our organization.

I just released a new version a few days ago. Will give it some time and check it out again in a couple of weeks.

• 4 months later...