Contact Us

Adriano Faria

This is great … exactly what I was wanting. Seems to work very well too. 

Future upgrade idea: in the department setup it would be great if the notification could include a member-picker (same as the "post as" chooser) in addition to typed email addresses and groups. That way a redirection to a member doesn't go stale if they change their email address in the future.

I do appreciate the typed-email address option (useful in organizations where roles do not necessarily correspond to Groups or even members).

Question on formatting (no big deal):

I was able to remove some line breaks and padding to "tighten up" the email notifications a bit. What controls the post-to-forum content? A multi-paragraph message seems to include extra paragraphs in the forum posting (emails look fine). 

contact1.thumb.png.432b43d9b1877511972cd

1 minute ago, bradl said:

Question on formatting (no big deal):

I was able to remove some line breaks and padding to "tighten up" the email notifications a bit. What controls the post-to-forum content? A multi-paragraph message seems to include extra paragraphs in the forum posting (emails look fine). 

Not happy with it too. I'll give a couple of weeks to see if something else appears then I will work on this and in suggestions. :)

Edited by Adriano Faria

How do you prevent groups from receiving the e-mails?

I had my first e-mail today and it sent to four people, I un-select 'Admin' etc, upon editing the department it's selected. I would like to only send e-mails to the desired e-mail address, yet I can't seem to disable the group(s) from receiving it.

-Edit-

One of the e-mails is my fathers address, he's registered as a 'member' and the 'admin' group keeps being selected - yet he still received it without no permissions set for that group. Possible bug?

Also, when you reply it uses the senders e-mail. The default contact form uses the e-mail from the sender, can you change your app so it's the same? Otherwise I have to copy the e-mail and the person may not realise who it's from due to it being a new message.

Edited by Joey_M

Admin is always selected, I can confirm that.

12 hours ago, Joey_M said:

One of the e-mails is my fathers address, he's registered as a 'member' and the 'admin' group keeps being selected - yet he still received it without no permissions set for that group. Possible bug?

Are you saying that someone from a NON selected group is receiving the email notification?

12 hours ago, Joey_M said:

Also, when you reply it uses the senders e-mail. The default contact form uses the e-mail from the sender, can you change your app so it's the same? Otherwise I have to copy the e-mail and the person may not realise who it's from due to it being a new message.

It doesn't work for SMTP. Emails will always go to SPAM because of this. I had this problem this week with Invite System app.

18 hours ago, Joey_M said:

Yes, my father isn't an admin - he's just a regular member.

Joey, I don't see how the app is sending email to non authorized users. There are two places you need to check:

1. Additional email: you can add several additional emais on each department. Make sure this user's email isn't on the list.
  2. Make sure this user isn't added to a secondary group that's set on the department. The app checks secondary groups.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What's New in Version 1.1.1:

• Fixed the group select on Department form: it was showing the first group always selected.
  • Fixed an issue that was sending emails to non authorized people under a special circumstance.
On 09/03/2016 at 7:38 PM, Joey_M said:

@Joey_M, as you didn't post a feedback about this, not sure if the fix is related to your problem or if it was really a group/email selection. Try this version.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/04/2016 at 0:30 PM, Adriano Faria said:

What's New in Version 1.1.1:

• Fixed the group select on Department form: it was showing the first group always selected.
  • Fixed an issue that was sending emails to non authorized people under a special circumstance.

@Joey_M, as you didn't post a feedback about this, not sure if the fix is related to your problem or if it was really a group/email selection. Try this version.

Sorry I missed it.

I've installed the new version, if a group isn't selected - I don't receive the e-mail.

If I enable 'admins' to receive it, it comes through but again it's to everyone. It's fixed the issue whereby non admins got it, but ideally I would only like the department to receive the e-mail.