Advanced Tags & Prefixes - IPS 4.x

urg. Okay. Can you give any more info? Are prefixes enabled there? Any selected? Are tags enabled there? Open or closed mode?

Hello,

Do you think that you've found the blank tag issue with the informations that I give you? (or maybe you didn't have the time to look at this problem yet?)

Do you think that you've found the blank tag issue with the informations that I give you? (or maybe you didn't have the time to look at this problem yet?)

Yeah. Got it, thanks.

Here: applications/advancedtagsprefixes/hooks/addPrefixToForm.php

Find: $tags = explode( ',', $container->default_tags );

Change to: $tags = array_filter( explode( ',', $container->default_tags ) );

Save, be happy. That won't fix existing ones, but you could do that easily enough from the tag manager.

Thanks, seems to be ok now :)

P.S: I can't really fix existing ones with the tag manager, when I try to edit or delete the empty tag, I've an error: "2P101/3 We could not locate the item you are trying to view.".

But it's not really important, there is less than 100 topics that have this empty tag.

Edited by Jujuwar

Thanks, seems to be ok now :)

P.S: I can't really fix existing ones with the tag manager, when I try to edit or delete the empty tag, I've an error: "2P101/3 We could not locate the item you are trying to view.".

But it's not really important, there is less than 100 topics that have this empty tag.

Oh, that figures. Validation check. You could also delete them directly from the DB in core_tags if you know what you're doing, then run the tag recache tool.

Ok, I'll take a look in DB.

I've found some new bugs (I'm sorry :console:):

• It seems that "require prefix" is ignored even if the member is not a global moderator
  • When you edit a forum, you set a list of allowed prefixes. You need to reload the page to select a default prefix (probably not a bug but a feedback)
  • The first prefix in "allowed prefix" list isn't in the default prefix list (see my capture bellow)
  • Default prefix isn't selected when you create a new topic

55dbbcba64d8c_Capture_dcran_2015-08-25__

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed the same issues mentioned in the post above when it comes to prefixes showing in the DEFAULT PREFIX list.

I've also not been able to mass-add prefixes based on forums because of the required keyword. Is there a wildcard so all threads in a forum would receive the selected prefix?

How can I delete all existing tags? Just drop everything in that core_tags table?

Ok, I'll take a look in DB.

I've found some new bugs (I'm sorry :console:):

• It seems that "require prefix" is ignored even if the member is not a global moderator
  • When you edit a forum, you set a list of allowed prefixes. You need to reload the page to select a default prefix (probably not a bug but a feedback)
  • The first prefix in "allowed prefix" list isn't in the default prefix list (see my capture bellow)
  • Default prefix isn't selected when you create a new topic

55dbbcba64d8c_Capture_dcran_2015-08-25__

I'll have to look into those. Really not sure why 1, 3, and 4 would be the case, but I'll see what I can figure out. #2 is unavoidable.

I've noticed the same issues mentioned in the post above when it comes to prefixes showing in the DEFAULT PREFIX list.

I've also not been able to mass-add prefixes based on forums because of the required keyword. Is there a wildcard so all threads in a forum would receive the selected prefix?

How can I delete all existing tags? Just drop everything in that core_tags table?

Hmm. I'll see about making that not a required field.

Yes, you can delete all tags by dumping the core_tags table, and then running the 'rebuild tag cache' tool in the app -- or you could delete them from the tag manager in the ACP.

I think that the renewal fee was and still is a piece of mind for us, the clients for continuous support.

If Ryan has no motivation to keep on working and developing this extension (in this case the renewal fee), some time in the future, this extension might find its end.

So i totally agree with reintroducing the renewal fee if Ryan considers this.

What's New in Version 3.0.8

• Fixed global moderator check for the 'exclude from required prefix' setting.
  • Fixed an empty tag if no defaults set and none entered.
  • Fixed the default prefix setting not working as expected.
  • Fixed a possible SQL error on some combinations of settings with the mass-add tool.
  • Changed the mass-add tool search term field to optional.
  • Changed the tag manager tool to only delete exact matches.

This app allows you to override the tag mode on a per-forum basis, so you can have it closed in one place and open in another, and it adds a 'prefixes only' mode. Currently it does not let you change the minimum/maximum tags per forum, but I'll take that into consideration.

Have you considered this yet? For example, in Blogs, I could set closed system, and 1 tag maximum and use it like categories, and members could click the tags to find all the blogs on the pre-defined subject.

But I would want to use more then 1 tag in other areas.

Would be great in Forums, per forum.

And is there any development in the special forum settings being available in the other apps? Can Blogs have a mandatory tag or prefix?

Thanks!

Edited by chilihead

Have you considered this yet? For example, in Blogs, I could set closed system, and 1 tag maximum and use it like categories, and members could click the tags to find all the blogs on the pre-defined subject.

But I would want to use more then 1 tag in other areas.

Would be great in Forums, per forum.

And is there any development in the special forum settings being available in the other apps? Can Blogs have a mandatory tag or prefix?

I've considered it, sure. I intend to do something about it in time, same as for expanding it to other apps. Been putting some plans together. Haven't started anything yet though.

Here are some more. I wrote them to Ryan as well.

Suggestions:
1. tag cloud - or most used tags block that could be added in each forum -> then filter the forum based on the selection / or at least redirect to search by tag page

2. In the admin, Advanced Tags > Advanced tools it would be great to have more 'search by' features such as:
- search content by tags to add more tags to the existing topics
- search content by older or newer than date. For me this is great to tag listing ads older than 4 months to expired
- search content by member name to add tags. I use rss feeds to import news fro other blogs into the forums. I could easily add tags and prefixes better if i would have this feature for older topics. I know the rss import has this feature to add tags when importing.. but for older topics... there's only the "by hand" solution.
- search content that does not have tags

- search content that does not have prefixes

3. prefix cloud
- same as tags, a prefix cloud or list (because they are less in number than tags) than can show up in a block on the sidebar

4. Rebuild the Tag Cache in batches more than 100 at one time? Maybe set a value for this?

Here are some more. I wrote them to Ryan as well.

Suggestions:
1. tag cloud - or most used tags block that could be added in each forum -> then filter the forum based on the selection / or at least redirect to search by tag page

2. In the admin, Advanced Tags > Advanced tools it would be great to have more 'search by' features such as:
- search content by tags to add more tags to the existing topics
- search content by older or newer than date. For me this is great to tag listing ads older than 4 months to expired
- search content by member name to add tags. I use rss feeds to import news fro other blogs into the forums. I could easily add tags and prefixes better if i would have this feature for older topics. I know the rss import has this feature to add tags when importing.. but for older topics... there's only the "by hand" solution.
- search content that does not have tags

- search content that does not have prefixes

3. prefix cloud
- same as tags, a prefix cloud or list (because they are less in number than tags) than can show up in a block on the sidebar

4. Rebuild the Tag Cache in batches more than 100 at one time? Maybe set a value for this?

I really like the tag and prefix clouds.  :smile: