Advanced Tags & Prefixes - IPS 4.x

Hey @Ryan H. for the tag cloud, is there any way to sort it in a more random order? The default sort is alphabetical so to get any sort of variation you have to add a lot of tags but even then it's very alphabetical and seems one toned. Could we possibly get it to randomly generate and then cache for a bit before it regenerates or something? Maybe base it off of weight? So you get the more frequently used tags to lesser used tags?

6 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

Hey @Ryan H. for the tag cloud, is there any way to sort it in a more random order? The default sort is alphabetical so to get any sort of variation you have to add a lot of tags but even then it's very alphabetical and seems one toned. Could we possibly get it to randomly generate and then cache for a bit before it regenerates or something? Maybe base it off of weight? So you get the more frequently used tags to lesser used tags?

I'm not sure what sorting methods would give good results. Seems to me random would hurt usability more than help. By weight would give a big gradient effect, rather than a traditional cloud. Can you give a screenshot of what you have?

21 minutes ago, BlueEye said:

Hi Ryan -

I just purchased Advance Tags & Prefixes - very well done!  Quick question, how do we get a sidebar to show up on the search page when filtering based on a tag/prefix?

Thanks,

Chad

Search sidebar would be a question for IPS. If you only want it for tag searches, that probably can't be done.

Ryan,

Found a bug. You have a hook on \IPS\Node\Model where you join your node_settings database table to the construct query when the node is loaded, which means that the fields get added to the $node->_data array, which also means that it breaks the $node->save() method to save the node back to the database because it attempts to write to database columns that don't exist.

4 hours ago, Kevin Carwile said:

Ryan,

Found a bug. You have a hook on \IPS\Node\Model where you join your node_settings database table to the construct query when the node is loaded, which means that the fields get added to the $node->_data array, which also means that it breaks the $node->save() method to save the node back to the database because it attempts to write to database columns that don't exist.

Got a PM about that today too. I'll be looking into it.

It should be removing those fields before the node save is processed, but maybe that doesn't happen in some context.

2 hours ago, Death91 said:

How do I stop prefixes from converting capital letters to lowercase?

Turn off the 'force tags to lowercase' setting. That's under Posting > Tags, as I recall--a global setting, not an app one. If you've had it enabled, though, you'll likely have to put some effort in fixing your existing tags/prefixes to not be lowercase anymore.

17 hours ago, Ryan H. said:

Turn off the 'force tags to lowercase' setting. That's under Posting > Tags, as I recall--a global setting, not an app one. If you've had it enabled, though, you'll likely have to put some effort in fixing your existing tags/prefixes to not be lowercase anymore.

Thanks for your response. I didn't get far into it so the damage is an easy fix.

On 11/15/2015, 3:38:06, Kevin Carwile said:

Ryan,

On 11/15/2015, 7:58:20, Ryan H. said:

Got a PM about that today too. I'll be looking into it.

It should be removing those fields before the node save is processed, but maybe that doesn't happen in some context.

I believe I have the same problem.  I am running IPS v4.1.3.2 with Advanced Tags & Prefixes v3.1.2

Steps to Reproduce

1. Within the ACP, navigate to Pages > Content > My Database > Categories. I have multiple categories for the letters of the alphabet. I am attempting to add more letters, such as "H Category," "I Category," "K Category."
  2. Click on the small dropdown arrow and Copy. 
  3. Receive "A configuration or server error has occurred. EX1054 Something went wrong. Please try again." See screenshot.

support-103187-0-42695000-1447597760.png

Edited by Joel R
15 minutes ago, Ilya Hoilik said:

Hello, Ryan. Is it a bug? I cannot select prefix.

When app enabled

When app disabled

Thanks in advance!

No. The app removes the open prefix option, you have to set each one up in the admin panel (Manage Prefixes) and then assign them to content containers (forums, etc.). Then you'll see those prefixes as a separate dropdown above the tag input. See the app screenshots and such.

Edited by Ryan H.