Advanced Tags & Prefixes - IPS 4.x

10 hours ago, Angus90 said:

Thanks for the new update. I really like the Tag Cloud widget. But there is a little issue with very long tags that are distichous.

Pushed out version 3.1.1, some refinements and additions to the tag cloud widget. Prefix formatting, list format. Should clean up that formatting. Give it a shot.

Hi,

I've been usig your plugin since IPS 3 with prefixes (no tags).

When I migrated following the normal steps, the prefixes got transformed into tags.

Now I have tags for old topics, and prefixes for the new created on IPS 4. You can see an example enclosed, where there are tags instead of prefixes.

Is there a way to mass convert those tags into the corresponding prefixes ? Even info PHPmyadmin ?

Thanks.

img 2015-10-21 à 14.28.01.png

The new tag cloud function is quite cool :)

is it possible though to add the feature to exclude one or more tags from the cloud? In my case there are tags that i do now want to show or filter by. For example, expired classifieds.

Edited by Noni
1 hour ago, EROAN said:

Hi,

I've been usig your plugin since IPS 3 with prefixes (no tags).

When I migrated following the normal steps, the prefixes got transformed into tags.

Now I have tags for old topics, and prefixes for the new created on IPS 4. You can see an example enclosed, where there are tags instead of prefixes.

Is there a way to mass convert those tags into the corresponding prefixes ? Even info PHPmyadmin ?

Thanks.

Are you talking about 'Scooter MBK - Yamaha'? All of those in your screenshot are prefixes. That one in particular just isn't matched to anything in the application. The default prefix formatting looks like that red tag background instead of the gray that it was in 3.x. You can fix that just by adding a prefix record in the app for that text.

Anything before the title is the prefix. Tags are listed to the right of the second line.

e: Also note that prefixes are case-sensitive. It looks like that might be the problem. The formatted prefix is "Scooter MBK - YAMAHA". The unformatted ones have "Yamaha".

@Noni I'll take that into consideration.

Edited by Ryan H.
33 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

It is compatible. I am currently using it on 4.1 and it's working fine.

I do have a bug report though (it's existed since 4.0). On grid layout the tags don't show on the board index like on traditional mode. Would we be able to get that functionality please?

Thanks!

I'll see what I can do about that.

Pushed an update out, some little fixes and additions. This will likely be the last release targeted at 4.0.

I've been going through testing on 4.1. I'm seeing a couple minor issues, like last post support being broken, and tag/prefix info not displaying at all on topic pages. Haven't gotten to the bottom of it yet. I'll release a new version when I have.

What's New in Version 3.1.2

• Fixed a conflict with IPS Gallery and possibly other apps.
  • Added prefix bits to forum grid layout mode.
  • Added an 'exclude tags' setting to the Tag Cloud widget.
Edited by Ryan H.

Here is another suggestion to improve Advanced Tags and Prefixes.

I came across this when i wanted to reorganize my downloads section. Having the possibility to add tags and prefixes to files, i would like Advanced Tags and Prefixes to work differently on the downloads section of the community.

Adding the tag cloud on the right side it should show me only the tags used on the downloads section. If this is not possible, then having an option to show only selected tags would also work

----------------------------

This suggestion could apply to forums also. Having the tag cloud visible on the right side of a forum, not all tags are relevant for the viewer. The viewer is interested in topics from that forum only, but in that forum there are only a number of tags used. Could it be possible for the app to display only the tags used on that forum?

----------------------------

Another one

It would be great to extend the Advanced Tools in the admin to be able to find and tag content in Downloads section and why not Gallery as well. IP Downloads is capable of both tags and prefixes.

Edited by Noni
45 minutes ago, Ryan H. said:

Even if that was added, it wouldn't work the way you probably hope. All prefix and tag links go to search result pages; they don't filter a forum inline.

I remember Providers Page can achieve this feature, though it is builted with Page, can we modify Core or Forum to do this similar feature?

Edited by icedream