Advanced Tags & Prefixes - IPS 4.x

2 hours ago, Michel_72 said:

Hello Ryan,

We are now on 3.4.8 and use your Advanced Tags & Prefixes  v2.1.4 and are planning an upgrade to 4.1.5.2

What is the correct procedure to update and keep all tags and prefixes?

Regards,

Michel

Upgrade your site, then go to applications and you'll have the opportunity to upload a new version of AT&P for 4.1. That's all there is to it. The installation doc should walk you through it.

It should go without saying, back your site up first (in full). Always backup.

Edited by Ryan H.
On December 1, 2015 at 6:15 PM, Ryan H. said:
On November 30, 2015 at 8:58 PM, PookyMacMan said:

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for such a great app!

I have a question related to searching. Since we run a product support forum, we change our prefixes frequently to indicate the status of a topic, such as Customer Review, Resolved, Tier 2 Review (for higher level staff). However, for example when Tier 2 staff want to check for topics marked with Tier 2 Review, and they click on the Tier 2 Review tag, all topics that are or were tagged with Tier 2 Review come back in the search (such as a topic now marked Resolved, but were Tier 2 Review prior). 

Is this something related to the Tags & Prefixes app that I (or you) can fix, to somehow remove the old tag/prefix data? Or is this related to how IP Board handles things?

Let me know if you need more info.

Do those results that don't have the prefix anymore still have it as a tag? IPB won't let you search for a prefix specifically, just a generic tag/prefix search. So any that don't have it as a prefix probably still have it as a tag. Depending on how you changed the prefix, if they are still there as tags, that may or may not be a bug. Otherwise, if no tags, could be an outdated tag cache--try recaching from this app's tools.

Hi there, sorry I haven't replied.

I don't see the prefixes listed as tags in the forum listing, and I can't see where they would be listed in the database. Where would I look exactly for the tag listing per topic in the database, or is the list on the forum front end sufficient?

I tried recaching the tags, but it still displays the old topics as I mentioned above.

Thank you!

Edited: I found this in standard "Posting settings" tab..

In "Closed mode", can I create Defined tags for each category?

(not "Default tags", I want to leave Tags field empty. But I wanna select current tags (depands on category).

Jan

Edited by cbob

Hi,

Running IPS 4.1.6.1 here.

When we run the support routine (Settings > Support), it says we need to run a few queries. We run them, but the routine keeps complaining that there is something wrong. I contacted IPS's  support department, but they said since this error is related to a third-party app, I needed to contact the developer directly.

Note: the security module IPS uses here prevents me from posting the queries inside this post, so I attached a screenshot of them.

Gabriel.

issue1.png

Edited by Gabriel Torres
2 hours ago, Gabriel Torres said:

Hi,

When we run the support routine (Settings > Support), it says we need to run a few queries. We run them, but the routine keeps complaining that there is something wrong. I contacted IPS's  support department, but they said since this error is related to a third-party app, I needed to contact the developer directly.

Note: the security module IPS uses here prevents me from posting the queries inside this post, so I attached a screenshot of them.

Gabriel.

Thanks, I'll look into that. Not sure where those queries are actually coming from. Are you updating AT&P at the same time? What previous version?

On 1/6/2016 at 3:18 PM, Alexandre. said:

I just installed this on my system, but it does not. I have error codes everywhere. Is compatible with the current version IPS?

I've just updated my development install to 4.1.6.1. I have not seen any errors whatsoever. Can you provide any further info?

14 hours ago, Gabriel Torres said:

Hi,

To be clear: Is this only when you run the support tool? You aren't experiencing any other problems with the app?

Frankly, I haven't a clue. I set the schema for that column when the table was first added (in 3.1.0), and I haven't made any changes to it since. It should have been created correctly, and running those queries certainly should have fixed any discrepancy. My best guess is there is something in your version or settings of MySQL that is making the IPS schema checker think your column doesn't match, and so it gives you those queries to 'fix' it.

All that to say: I strongly suspect it's IPS's issue, not mine; I can't reproduce it; you're almost certainly safe ignoring it. You should have a 'continue anyway' button you could use to get around it.

I would be curious to know what the schema of that table looks like in your database, if you can open it up in PHPMA or the SQL toolbox. Can't guarantee I would see or be able to do anything about it though.

@Ryan H. I also think it is an IPS issue, but you know how that their first line of defense is to blame the third-party app. Anyway, yes, it only complains when I run the support tool. I ran the query on my database, but the support tool keeps complaining about this. it is a very minor issue, but annoying nonetheless. Tell me the exact queries you want me to run and I will do it. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Gabriel Torres said:

@Ryan H. I also think it is an IPS issue, but you know how that their first line of defense is to blame the third-party app. Anyway, yes, it only complains when I run the support tool. I ran the query on my database, but the support tool keeps complaining about this. it is a very minor issue, but annoying nonetheless. Tell me the exact queries you want me to run and I will do it. Thanks.

DESCRIBE advancedtagsprefixes_node_settings;

Ryan, it looks like I am having some issues with old content that we migrated from vBulletin into 3.4.  The issues we are having is due to a LACK of tags.  My members don't seem to use the tag feature at all currently and I think your module will be helpful on future posts.  However, I have a question.  Can this module convert old post titles into tags automatically?  I'd like to scan all of my forum posts and convert the post titles into tags automatically.  By doing this, I can get my 'similar content' blocks to work correctly.

Here we go:

mysql> DESCRIBE advancedtagsprefixes_node_settings;
+------------------+---------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| Field            | Type                | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
+------------------+---------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| id               | bigint(20) unsigned | NO   | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
| node_app         | varchar(32)         | NO   | MUL |         |                |
| node_type        | varchar(32)         | NO   |     |         |                |
| node_id          | bigint(20)          | NO   |     | 0       |                |
| require_prefix   | tinyint(4)          | YES  |     | 0       |                |
| default_prefix   | varchar(255)        | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| default_tags     | mediumtext          | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| tag_mode         | varchar(255)        | YES  |     | inherit |                |
| allowed_prefixes | mediumtext          | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| tag_min          | int(11)             | YES  |     | -1      |                |
| tag_max          | int(11)             | YES  |     | -1      |                |
11 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Am seeing an error, if I go to support and opt for something is not right

There are some problems with your database. Normally it is safe to try to fix these problems automatically however if your community is large, you may want to run the necessary queries manually. If so, the queries to run are:

UPDATE `advancedtagsprefixes_node_settings` SET `node_id`=0 WHERE `node_id` IS NULL;

ALTER TABLE `advancedtagsprefixes_node_settings` CHANGE COLUMN `node_id` `node_id` BIGINT (20) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT '';

clicking 'fix automatically' has no effect

This is running the latest version

I did also notice that if I enabled the cloud tag widget and set the number to a low figure it just displays 'error' - I do not have many tags to create a proper cloud yet. Might be an issue, might not. Just mentioning in case.

On 1/8/2016 at 3:41 PM, Mike Gholson said:

Ryan, it looks like I am having some issues with old content that we migrated from vBulletin into 3.4.  The issues we are having is due to a LACK of tags.  My members don't seem to use the tag feature at all currently and I think your module will be helpful on future posts.  However, I have a question.  Can this module convert old post titles into tags automatically?  I'd like to scan all of my forum posts and convert the post titles into tags automatically.  By doing this, I can get my 'similar content' blocks to work correctly.

Yes, under 'advanced tools', there is a feature to search topic titles and add a prefix or tags to all results.

On 1/8/2016 at 4:53 PM, Gabriel Torres said:

Here we go:

Thanks. Nothing unexpected--the schema is already exactly what IPS's support tool is telling you to change the schema to. At this point, I don't have an answer for you except that it isn't actually a problem and you can disregard the warning.

On 1/9/2016 at 5:53 AM, .Ian said:

Am seeing an error, if I go to support and opt for something is not right

clicking 'fix automatically' has no effect

This is running the latest version

I did also notice that if I enabled the cloud tag widget and set the number to a low figure it just displays 'error' - I do not have many tags to create a proper cloud yet. Might be an issue, might not. Just mentioning in case.

See my response to Gabriel, same situation. You can disregard the warning, nothing is actually wrong except the tool telling you something is wrong.

As for the cloud issue, can you send me the exact settings you tried, and any associated error log if possible (in uploads/logs/*.php)?

e: I was able to reproduce the support tool issue on a clean install and found the discrepancy. Schema did not have a default of 0 defined, but MySQL evidently assumes it. Easy fix. I'll include that with the next release.

Edited by Ryan H.
18 minutes ago, Mike Gholson said:

Thanks.  Will it create tags based on the title of the topic ?  In other words, how does it get the tags to add to each post?

You enter a search term and tags to add to results manually. It doesn't automatically turn titles into tags.

Mix/max override and tag cloud, sweet! Will be using this soon, thanks for the min/max override, I suggested that awhile back.

One problem I have is tags are not shown in the topic listings (forum view) on mobile, could this possibly add them, or, can we add the tag cloud there? I will be using the closed system as a category list of sorts, so need members to be able to click the defined tags there. Thanks!

Mix/max override and tag cloud, sweet! Will be using this soon, thanks for the min/max override, I suggested that awhile back.

One problem I have is tags are not shown in the topic listings (forum view) on mobile, could this possibly add them, or, can we add the tag cloud there? I will be using the closed system as a category list of sorts, so need members to be able to click the defined tags there. Thanks!