IPS Rules Application

​My head just spun around on my shoulders. I have no idea what kind of rule you configured. PM me regarding this issue and include an exported version of your rule so I can check out what you've got going on.

​I PM'ed you. :lol:

Can't say it's an issue since the rule is working properly.  More tests to be sure. :tongue:  *I have not tested a newly registered member (who has never logged in).

Edited by GrooveOnBeat

Hi Kevin, I would like to say that like Group Collaboration, I love this app. 

I have one request so far though, I would love it if when a new topic comment is created (say if that topic is pinned) through a rule, that we can associate that post with a third party. Currently the options are only for the topic author and for the person who locked the topic. This would be a massive help as we currently use a single account as a 'bot' so to speak akin to AutoModerator on reddit.

I have one request so far though, I would love it if when a new topic comment is created (say if that topic is pinned) through a rule, that we can associate that post with a third party.

When configuring the post author in the action, select "manual configuration" for the comment author instead of choosing event data. You can simply type the name of your bot account in as the comment author.

​Instead of manual configuration to select individual members, choose PHP Code and select all members from a particular group:

$group_id = 1; // Change to ID of member group to select
return iterator_to_array( \IPS\Db::i()->select( 'member_id', 'core_members', array( 'member_group_id=?', $group_id ) ) );

​Awesome :D Any way to use multiple groups though? For now I've just set up 2 actions.

Also, what is Notification Content for? I've input some text, but it doesn't show up anywhere.

Its creating two schedules for the same rule and then can't send PM.

The problem with the execution of the scheduled action is fixed in version 1.1.4 (which was just uploaded to the marketplace a few minutes ago).

Found another bug, if you log in via the front UI login (see attachement) the Member has logged in trigger gets set off twice.

It appears that the login event is triggered by the ajax login and also again when the page reloads as a result of the login. But this is not a bug in rules, it's a behavior of the core IPS suite. I'm not sure if IPS would consider it a bug or not. With that said, this issue is easily mitigated in the rule by scheduling the action to send the private message and using a scheduling keyphrase. If the event is fired twice in a row by the framework, then the second scheduling of the action will simply overwrite the first, which is the whole purpose of a scheduling keyphrase.

I noticed the rule you posted does not use a scheduling key. This is probably because I exported it to the starter rule pack before I fixed the bug which was preventing the scheduling key from being exported with rules. I'll update the starter rule pack in the marketplace to include an example of the scheduling key.

Essentially, you want to use a scheduling keyphrase such as:

inactivity pm message for member:[member:id]

Each member will then only be able to have one action scheduled with that keyphrase at any given time.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't seem to find a way to use the number of Warning Points as a condition.

It's not in Member attribute values or any other condition I've checked. Is there a way to do this? :)

Good point. I'll add the warn level into the member attributes in a future version. For now, you could do it by creating a "number value" condition and for one of the numbers to compare choose "PHP Code" as the source and return the member's warn level. I.E:

//<?php

return $member->warn_level;

• 2 weeks later...

Any thoughts on the ability to add polls to topics through actions? That would be immensely useful! :drool:

I explored the possibilities a while back and found that polls are not very automation friendly at all. After identifying a few significant obstacles that would make it quite cumbersome to implement, I decided to set it aside for the time being. :sad:

If you could select more then 1 

Data To Use option would be great? - Unless i missed a option, As the email is very basic and I wanted 2 custom fields from RSVP db? 

Instead of using event data as the source of the email content, choose "Manual configuration" and you can type your email content. You can use any of the available event tokens in your typed text which will be replaced by the token content when the email is generated.

Instead of using event data as the source of the email content, choose "Manual configuration" and you can type your email content. You can use any of the available event tokens in your typed text which will be replaced by the token content when the email is generated.

Is it possible to have the editor here Kevin instead of the raw HTML option?