IPS Rules Application

27 minutes ago, ndboost said:

I have a question,

How can i send an email or a PM to members of a group rather than specifying members individually?

The email recipient blind carbon copy field for the email action can accept an array of members as the argument. So it would be a matter of setting the data source of the BCC field to PHP Code and then using php code to return an array of members from the group.

On 9/12/2015, 11:06:44, Joel R said:

Okay, so I have a very simple use case of Automation Rules: I'd like to send notifications, status updates, and emails whenever a member achieves a new rank or reputation for community re-engagement.  Will I need to create my own "rank" and "reputation" system within Automation Rules, or is there a way to base my data upon the ACP ranks and reputation that I've defined?  

I can see how the reputation event is based upon a member receiving a new reputation, but I don't see how I can trigger the condition of meeting the next reputation level.

Any advice would be much appreciated.  

Its because core member ranks are calculated on the fly and there is no single promotion "event" to tie into. Therefore you must create your own. 

The ways to actually go about that are numerous. But you could add a custom data field to members to track their current rank, and then send emails when that data changes.

7 hours ago, OrdosAlpha said:

Just tried to download Automation Rules Lite 1.2.2 in order to try it out, and Avast is blocking the download due to the file being infected with the PHP:Agent-UM trojan. Anyone else encountering this?

Its not infected with any virus. It is however encoded as the non-encoded version only comes with the full purchase. 

Avast is just seeing that the files are encoded.

7 minutes ago, pmflav said:

Had to disable the trial as it was slowing the server to a crawl. Once disabled the site ran fine. weird

Some have been reporting such performance issues, while others have no problems at all. I've not had the opportunity to examine any site that is experiencing an obvious performance issue to determine the cause.

If you'd like to let me look under the hood I might be able to nail it down.

Edited by Kevin Carwile

About to try this out. I'm wanting to notify certain members that there are 0 post reply threads that have been open for 3+hrs which need attending to. I think I've got my rule setup right, but how are they run? Is there a way to manually run to see if it's working? Or is debug mode and waiting the only way?

no-reply-to-topics.xml

Edited by NoGi

@NoGi

What is your strategy? If you want to check if a topic has not had any posts after 3 hours and then take action, you will need to schedule that process to happen for each topic after it is created. 

First, create a custom action in the rules ACP and add an \IPS\forums\Topic as an action argument.

Then create a rule that is triggered by topic creation. Make sure to add a condition which checks that the boolean value "new" from the event is TRUE (since the same event is also triggered anytime a topic is updated). In this rule, add the action to schedule your "custom action" for 3 hours in the future. Use the created topic as the argument to your custom action.

Finally, create another rule which uses your "custom action" as the event. Since your custom sction will be triggered for a topic 3 hours after it was created (because of that first rule), you add your conditions to check the number of replies on the topic and take appropriate actions here.

7 hours ago, Kevin Carwile said:

What is your strategy? If you want to check if a topic has not had any posts after 3 hours and then take action, you will need to schedule that process to happen for each topic after it is created. 

Hi @Kevin Carwile, yes this is pretty much what I am trying to do. I am struggling at the moment with how to do this, sorry to sound like a total newbie.

I've created a custom action and scheduled it to run every 3 hours.

5601d61dd3953_CustomAction.thumb.PNG.30d

5601d620d141f_ScheduledCustomAction.thum

Then I created the rule but no idea if this has been created correctly?

5601d61f6c9c8_RuleOverview.thumb.PNG.2b8

5601d623a0b89_TopicCreationRule.thumb.PN

5601d61b5f801_CheckCustomAction.thumb.PN

Edited by NoGi

Ya, you dont want to be manually scheduling the action to happen every 3 hours. What you want is to schedule the action as a follow up when a topic is actually created.

And your condition to check if the content is new is not going to work because you are using php code that returns nothing. You should use a truth value condition to check the "new" argument and not be attempting to use it as a content item.

I'll put together something for you when I get a chance.

4 hours ago, NoGi said:

Has anyone got a rule working to test for a new topic? I keep getting FALSE as the response to the test.

This was a bug that was introduced in the last release. A new version (1.2.4) is now available which will fix this problem. You will need to edit your condition that checks the boolean value again, reselect the correct event argument, and save.

Edited by Kevin Carwile

Ok, making some progress yah!!

Boolean returns true now. Just need to sort out why the action failed:

Schedule the follow up checkOperation skipped (missing argument)

No argument available for: topic

09/25/2015 1:37 PM

Edited by NoGi