IPS Rules Application

That's correct. You can't set a whole topic as a best answer. You have to set a specific post (topic comment) as the best answer. Rules knows this so the only selectable option in the event to set as the best answer is "The created/updated Topic Comment".

By the way, I would also add another condition into your rule that checks if a best answer is NOT already set before you set the best answer and lock it. This way once a best answer is set, it won't be set again automatically.

auto-resolve-qa-for-amas-revised.xml

​Yup, sorry, I was thinking about the topic lock and got all confused :P

Still doesn't work though. The topic (question) is not locked and the answer is not marked as the best answer. :cry:

using RC7a and i have following error when install your item in Admin CP

We could not parse the application.json file for this application because it is missing or corrupt. Please contact the author for an updated copy of this application.

Found a potential issue. When I run the Support tool from within the ACP, I get this:

There are some problems with your database. Normally it is safe to try to fix these problems automatically however if your community is large, you may want to run the necessary queries manually. If so, the queries to run are:

ALTER TABLE `rules_arguments` CHANGE COLUMN `argument_custom_action_id` `argument_custom_action_id` INT (11) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT '';

using RC7a and i have following error when install your item in Admin CP

We could not parse the application.json file for this application because it is missing or corrupt. Please contact the author for an updated copy of this application.

You may want to redownload the archive. Sounds like some sort of file error. If you still need help with it, PM me directly.

Found a potential issue. When I run the Support tool from within the ACP, I get this:

There are some problems with your database. Normally it is safe to try to fix these problems automatically however if your community is large, you may want to run the necessary queries manually. If so, the queries to run are:

ALTER TABLE `rules_arguments` CHANGE COLUMN `argument_custom_action_id` `argument_custom_action_id` INT (11) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT '';

That ACP tool is finnicky. Your database is OK.

Hello! I see so many potential uses of your app that I can't wait to upgrade our community to see it in action :)

One use case I have in mind (and would like to know would it be possible) is described below.

We run a travel community where people share their experiences through Albums in Gallery and Articles in Pages. Categories in both apps are destinations, and they are the same for both apps.

When someone posts an album or an article we have to approve it and that way we know that what he shared is valuable.

Also, users participate in forums about a specific destination (these categories aren't identical to the ones in Gallery and Pages but can be related to one another).

Based on all of that activity throughout the suite in specific categories (destinations in our case) we would like to identify (and point out in some way) members that are Experts for a particular destination.  Do you see a set of rules that would make this possible?

Thanks!

i downloaded the file again and unzip the zip files click install within Admin CP and click .tar file get same error We could not parse the application.json file for this application because it is missing or corrupt. Please contact the author for an updated copy of this application. but noticed would create files with application folder but not in its own folder if that makes sentence so made rules folder moved all files and installed fine.

Based on all of that activity throughout the suite in specific categories (destinations in our case) we would like to identify (and point out in some way) members that are Experts for a particular destination.  Do you see a set of rules that would make this possible?

​Definitely. Once you've officially upgraded to IPS4.0 let's revisit this and figure out the best way to go about it!

Hey all!

I'm trying to use this as a "Credits/Points" system, if possible. I basically want to create a numeric field that a user can see, labeled "Credits", and want to add to the value each time content is posted in certain forums. If it is possible to create a rule that if a post count increases, the credits increase, that would be great as well, as I'd only like the credits to be added within certain forums. I've been playing around with this, and personally don't have any clue how to do this, and I'll keep researching to see if I can find some additional help as well. Is there any way to achieve this?

​Hi Collin,

Check out the "Prestige Reputation System" example in the rules starter pack. It is very similar:

In order to display the field data in your template, you'll want to add the following template tag:

{expression="$member->getRulesData( 'fieldkey' )"}

​Thanks!! So the template tag needs to be added to the user-facing template, correct? LIke if I wanted to display it in postbit?

1. There will be an expansion pack coming for downloads which will add ECA's for files. Even though post attachments arent necessarily part of the downloads app, I will include triggers for all downloads in this expansion pack.

2. Shouldn't be a problem. 

3. Only through rules and the member edit screen in the ACP. I had some technical difficulties finding a practical hook point on the front end for public edit mode. I'lI work it out.

Could I use Rules to create Forum Topic in a specific forum when an Event is made?

So it functions the same way creating a forum for an Article does?

​Easy peasy. Just use the "Calendar: Event has been created or updated" event, add a condition that the event is "new", and then add the "Create new topic" action to the rule and customize the title, content, and author of the posted topic.

Here is an example rule:

create-forum-topic-for-new-calendar-events.xml

I have an Yes/No member profile field "Allow adult content", and an Yes/No Download custom field "Adult Content", I create a rule, when member profile field "Allow adult content" is Fault, and Yes/No Download custom field "Adult Content" is True, redirect members to error page.

I create the rule, but it doesn't work. I also enable the debugging, but see nothing in the debug console.

Could you kindly advise what is wrong if I attach my rule?

check-adult-file.xml