Midnight Modding

Minor, but it would be good if there were something at the bottom of topics stating they are locked (like in the past when buttons were at the top and bottom). I was just at the bottom of a topic and confused why there was no editor. lol (I guess I should have realized right off why, but I haven't paid attention in a long time, so thought it would say locked down there still).

no editor means its locked. there is also a button at the top that is read that says "topic locked"

The lack of an editor isn't clear. Not everybody will relate a missing editor window to the thread being locked. I agree with the OP that it would be clearer if it showed as 'Locked' at the end of threads.

Nice, Rikki. That was a good idea. I have thought about doing something like that too, but will wait until 4.0 where I can just do it however it's done in the first party ones. (such as how it's styled and where it's located, etc...). Also, I have my own error message template which looks pretty bad, so might as well start using the system already in place through first party apps, although just to add in another suggestion, I don't like how the 3.x error pages look because it's so much text not broken up with anything.

Sigh. Here goes yet another issue with markers on this site. It was showing a new post available in this topic. Was this moved to another forum? If so, it shouldn't be marked as unread just because it switches forums. Also, I think it should be like some other forum software types, where a post is added, stating this topic has been moved.

It's easy for those who know how. Not for those who don't. :P

Yeah but if you learn how to do things yourself then you can do whatever you want whenever you want without having to rely on other people for help.

Sigh. Here goes yet another issue with markers on this site. It was showing a new post available in this topic. Was this moved to another forum? If so, it shouldn't be marked as unread just because it switches forums. Also, I think it should be like some other forum software types, where a post is added, stating this topic has been moved.

It's happening to me too...

Topic markers associate the item (topic) with the container (forum). When it is moved, it will often show as unread. That's got little to do with the specific feedback topic at hand though, so let's be careful about polluting a feedback topic with something unrelated.. ;)

Yeah but if you learn how to do things yourself then you can do whatever you want whenever you want without having to rely on other people for help.

I don't want to learn how to do things myself. I want a capable developer to do it for me and I will kindly reimburse them for it. And if they don't, well... "meh". ;)

Archived