WordPress IPSConnect

Marcher Technologies

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

I just signed up for the IPS Cloud option, which will be used in conjunction with my WP Multisite community (I am sure you know that the BP forum is horrible!).

So here are my questions:

1) This means that the 2 sites will be on different servers - can Wordpress IPSConnect be used to connect these two?

2) And if so, how difficult will it be for me to set up?

3) Will the forum still LOOK like the IPS forum? I want to retain the look of the forum, and do not want the forum to look like a BP forum.

Thank you!

Melody

I have uploaded a change resolving this issue. Please re-upload the files from the download.

Is the (MT) Wordpress IPSConnect plugin still at version 1.1.1 after the fixes or did that get updated automatically through WP and I missed it?

Could you please post a thorough upgrade guide? I have no clue how to upgrade IPSConnect properly so that I can finally upgrade to WP 4.0.

For some reason it seems that the redirect after login from wordpress is no longer redirecting. It just stay at the wp-login screen. It does not take me back to the previous location. Any suggestions?

I can see in the View Source of the Wordpress login page, that it has the hidden form field with the name="redirect_to" and the url is correct. It just seem that when you try to login, it just goes back to the login page.

I have renewed my purchase, and downloaded the latest update.

Uploaded the wordpress files, and uploaded the IPB files.

I also configured the API users to "fetchavatar"

I still get the issue in wordpress "are you sure you want to do this" and am unable to update / maintain my website.

Please can you help :)

Thank you

I have renewed my purchase, and downloaded the latest update.

Uploaded the wordpress files, and uploaded the IPB files.

I also configured the API users to "fetchavatar"

I still get the issue in wordpress "are you sure you want to do this" and am unable to update / maintain my website.

Please can you help smile.png

Thank you

Disable all other plugins, and that should stop it. Just because I fixed this plugin does not mean all of your plugins are compatible with Wordpress 4.

For some reason it seems that the redirect after login from wordpress is no longer redirecting. It just stay at the wp-login screen. It does not take me back to the previous location. Any suggestions?

I can see in the View Source of the Wordpress login page, that it has the hidden form field with the name="redirect_to" and the url is correct. It just seem that when you try to login, it just goes back to the login page.

To make it easier for Marcher I have an error that is similar to this and will track here so that he doesn't need to respond to both my PMs and this thread.

My original PM / report of the problem

hey man,

How are you?  We just went 'live' using your plugin (central.ccccc.net) and seeing some small issues.  Some users are getting the error listed below.  It's not happening with all users and I cannot recreate it on my end.  It seems to be happening with different browers.  It only happens when users are logged in.  If they log out they can view the site fine.  I have tested with a few users logging in as my wordpress-only admin user and they can log in fine with that, but not with their forum IPB login. 

Thanks in advance for any help that you can swing 

Additional reports and troubleshooting from one of our linux-y users

Yep, logging out and back in gives me the loop as well. It's redirecting indefinitely 

Prior to logging out it didn't redirect through there (I logged the network requests made on a successful page load), but I'm not seeing much difference between the cookies I have now and what I had prior to doing so.
It's the userid cookie; deleting just that one fixes it. 

We are running the version prior to 4.0, with no immediate plans of upgrading.

We updated to Wordpress 4.0 and there were issues with this connect, so we downgraded to 3.9.2. However ipb and wordpress are not connected. The avatars are not showing up on the wordpress side and if I go to /options-general.php?page=wpIpsConnect it shows DISABLED API DISABLED. Users are reporting login problems. How can I get this activated again?

We updated to Wordpress 4.0 and there were issues with this connect, so we downgraded to 3.9.2. However ipb and wordpress are not connected. The avatars are not showing up on the wordpress side and if I go to /options-general.php?page=wpIpsConnect it shows DISABLED API DISABLED. Users are reporting login problems. How can I get this activated again?

Check last page of this thread. There is a new version of IPConnect and instructions on how to fix this particular issue.

I followed those steps and have checked the fetchAvatar but I have not upgrade to 4.0. The avatars aren't working still, the wordpress widget that shows the forum posts is no longer there, and the /options-general.php?page=wpIpsConnect it shows DISABLED API DISABLED. I refilled out that page with the api/master keys again, but nothing has changed. Thanks so much for your help.

I'm still waiting for a reply. Please consider this as a pressing matter for me.

It is still at 1.1.1, primarily because this was more of an emergency maintenance than an actual version. My apologies for the confusion.

In full honesty, the cause of the confirm prompt issue with wordpress 4.0 was something I would consider a bug regardless of the actual symptom. If the current user did not change due to the SSO there is no need to use the functions to set cookies/current user.

You would need re-upload the WP and IPB parts separately, then go re-configure the IPB API user to have permission to the 'fetchAvatar' method. Nothing further should be needed for this.

I followed those steps and have checked the fetchAvatar but I have not upgrade to 4.0. The avatars aren't working still, the wordpress widget that shows the forum posts is no longer there, and the /options-general.php?page=wpIpsConnect it shows DISABLED API DISABLED. I refilled out that page with the api/master keys again, but nothing has changed. Thanks so much for your help.

Please send me a pm with access credentials to look into this, thank you.

Just purchased IPS forum software and this plugin to integrate to our wordpress site. I am having some issues and possibly a few questions.

We have ips installed under /forum on the site so it is using the same domain as WP. WP = http://staging.letsrv.com and IPS = http://staging.letsrv.com/forum.

We have a registration process in place in Wordpress already that creates users in WP and a blog for them off our main site (WPMU). Once this plugin is configured via the readme, and activated, no one can login to wordpress... guessing it a configuration error on our part but not sure.

-Does this plugin use the WP user db or the IPS user DB as the source for authentication / authority

- Have filled in the master url, master key, made sure xml-rpc is enabled, and filled in the API key from IPS as the readme instructs, but cannot login to wordpress.

can provide any additional needed, but some help would be appreciated.

Just purchased IPS forum software and this plugin to integrate to our wordpress site. I am having some issues and possibly a few questions.

We have ips installed under /forum on the site so it is using the same domain as WP. WP = http://staging.letsrv.com and IPS = http://staging.letsrv.com/forum.

We have a registration process in place in Wordpress already that creates users in WP and a blog for them off our main site (WPMU). Once this plugin is configured via the readme, and activated, no one can login to wordpress... guessing it a configuration error on our part but not sure.

-Does this plugin use the WP user db or the IPS user DB as the source for authentication / authority

- Have filled in the master url, master key, made sure xml-rpc is enabled, and filled in the API key from IPS as the readme instructs, but cannot login to wordpress.

can provide any additional needed, but some help would be appreciated.

Remove the wordpress plugin files from the server, then login as the admin. In configuring after re-uploading the wp plugin files while logged in, ensure you have selected 'Email' as the login type.

It uses the IPS DB as the source for auth.

That said, this plugin may not be ideal for you - wordpress registration is redirected to IPB registration due to the available hooks in that area not being provided access to the password.

Marcher,

Is it possible for IPB to auto create an account in wordpress after email validation? As it stands, it seems that the only way for wordpress to create a new account, is for the user to actually log into wordpress. I'd like IPB to control all login/logout register functions.

Hey Marcher,

I installed this without a hitch. Members seem to be syncing up fine the only exception seem to be admins (I did a search on this topic and didn't find anything) Example, I already members who are signed up on my wordpress CMS and once the system was installed, they synced up correct (you can tell because the avatars are showing up as users start logging in for the day) however when the admin login and logout, the details don't seem to transfer over (I can find them in the wordpress account but you can tell they haven't synced because the avatars are still default)

Any ideas?

Just to explain this better...

I have installed wordpress on my root domain. It's running Woocommerce. I imported 3k customers from our store. Usernames were set to use email address when importing. Our admins have been our customerss in the past so before this plugin was installed, their email addresses/usernames were already imported. (Set to email for username) When I installed your plugin and logged in, my account synced up just fine. It found my existing wordpress account and seemed to sync it with forum account. (Same email address) however my other admins accounts (3 of them) are not syncing. I can tell my accounted synced up because it pulled in my forum avatar.

When I checked to see if I can find my admins in wordpress I can, but only from the CVS file I imported previously, it does not appear their accounts have been synced up correctly.

Alright so after some more testing, it has nothing to do with the admins or what group they are in. Rather if they already have a username in the system they have to login via wordpress first for their account to sync. (Hopefully only one time otherwise it sort of defeats the purpose) I suspect this is probably only for users who already have accounts that need to be synced.

EDIT: If I logout of the forum, I'm still logged in on WP. If I logout of both, then login to IPB it does not login me in on WP. Seems something is wrong and I'll probably need some support.

So it would appear the module works fine, they have to visit Wordpress in some form for the system to sync correctly. (I assumed once the SSO was installed it would sync up all 30k members but that's not the case)

The only issue I've noticed and this seems to be a bug is that when login (wordpress) and submit, the login box comes back up rather than redirecting to the front page. I'd be happy to hand over my FTP details etc so you can take a look :)

Hi,

Just to confirm before I purchase

I could have 2 wordpress sites each on their own domain, use this and connect to 1 and the same forum which is again on its own unique domain name and those forum users would have access to the two wordpress sites using their existing ipb forum logon?

Many thanks,

Hello,

Unfortunately, after an absurd amount of deliberation, I am pulling this modification from the marketplace.

There are many reasons, but I will list the most pertinent.

1. Support - I will be the first to admit I am failing here. This modification has a larger support load than the shoutbox did when support was offered for it, and I as a single individual cannot possibly keep up.
  2. Maintenance - Some months after I wrote the modification, WordPress started releasing new versions at a pace of once every month or every other month. While I have been able to affect fixes in a timely manner, this makes it further difficult to keep up with the support load. Further, there are no upgrade paths for wordpress plugins, so all fixes must be backwards compatible, further convoluting the code.
  3. Modifications - There is little way for you as an end-user to determine what modification is causing an issue, dropping figuring such out at my feet. Further, due to no core handlers in wordpress for modifications to things like the registration form for modder re-use, the potential for conflicts using this modification are vast and nearly unavoidable.
  4. Code Quality - Almost an entire year ago, I wrote this plea to the wordpress authors: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/modernize-the-codebase-a-plea-from-a-wordpress-plugin-author I am working with sphaghetti and meatballs here, as a result it makes it difficult to easily apply fixes when they change something. Their response was provided in the form of Wordpress 4.0, a "major" point version that saw absolutely no code rewrite at all, just more features stacked upon a crumbling codebase.
  5. Cannot give it away - 5 months ago I started a topic in the contributors forum offering the mod freely to any modder willing to support it. Nobody is interested.

Removing the file I have considered a "non-option" until now. However, I am left with no choice at this point. I would rather the file not exist than be under my name and failing to provide a quality product with quality support.

Unfortunately, due to the fact the code provided has worked without issue on many wordpress versions, all sales are final.

This post stands as an open invitation to any modder willing to support and maintain the modification, the code is preserved in SVN and will be provided upon request, I simply do not have the manpower to keep up with this, unfortunately.

I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. I did struggle with the decision, but I feel this is in the best interests of you as the consumer. To continue on in this vein would prove disastrous.

Archived