WordPress IPSConnect

Marcher Technologies

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm having a problem (maybe its not a problem - not sure).

I can't log into my WordPress admin using my Admin credentials anymore (my Forum credentials don't work in the wp-admin.php page either).

Also, how can I link current WP authors to their accounts on IPB?

Hello Nima,

My apologies for the delay. It would seem you are hitting a race case where your WP account exists in IPB by email but differing user name.

To resolve this issue, remove the plugin files from the server. Then login to wp-admin, and while logged in, reupload them. Go back to the settings screen for the plugin and change the 'Login type' to 'Email'.

This should have your account, and your users' accounts, synched on first login successfully, though you will need to use your email, and not your username, to login.

Does anyone notice that Wordpress pages seem much longer to display once this is all enabled. Every page seems to "think" a lot more before showing up. Is it the grabbing of the images for the comments or something else? Pages were much snappier when not enabled.

It is exactly this, and I am working on making this more efficient for the next release, as it annoys me greatly as well.

Hi I'm using this plugin along with paid memberships pro on wordpress and when somebody creates an account it shows up correctly in wordpress, the paid memberships pro plugin, and in IP Board. The user can also login to wordpress without an issue, but cannot login to IP Board either via SSO in wordpress or by going to IP Board directly.

Edit: I'm also seeing accounts get locked out of wordpress after getting locked out of IPB. I do not have the 'limit login attempts' plugin installed.

Edit2: Even if I de-activate paid memberships pro when logging into wordpress I'm not logged into the forum. Reading through all of these posts it looks likes I'm having this problem? http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/376502-wordpress-ipsconnect/page-4#entry2371972

Edit3: To clarify this is the flow I would like to achieve, register with wordpress, login with wodpress, automatically logged into the forums.

If you are using a custom wordpress login box to pointed at IPB for form submission, say a content block or something, you are not hitting my code at all for login. You are hitting IPB's code directly at that point, and that is is out of my hands as it is custom code.

If this is the case, then yes.... IPB will redirect you to it's homepage - not my code. Further, that is an area this modification should never have code in, IPB's login handler. Moots the entire point of ipsconnect really.

Hey Marcher, a question regarding what you mentioned above.

1. If the user logs into Wordpress via Wordpress' login form located at http://www.domain.com/wp-login.php should they be redirected to the page they were previously on? Currently when logging in on my site via the Wordpress URL I get redirected to the IP community.

Just updated to Wordpress 4.0 and when this plugin is activated, I can't make any changes in Wordpress without getting a 'are you sure you want to do this' message. I deactivated all plugins via phpmyadmin and it's this one that causes the problems, everything else is reactived and the site works fine.

Any ideas on a fix please?

Confirmed Wordpress 4.0 issue when I upgraded my test server.

Same issue with the person above. After updating to Wordpress 4, we cannot make any changes to Wordpress.

Just updated to Wordpress 4.0 and when this plugin is activated, I can't make any changes in Wordpress without getting a 'are you sure you want to do this' message. I deactivated all plugins via phpmyadmin and it's this one that causes the problems, everything else is reactived and the site works fine.

Any ideas on a fix please?

I have uploaded a change resolving this issue. Please re-upload the files from the download.

Does anyone notice that Wordpress pages seem much longer to display once this is all enabled. Every page seems to "think" a lot more before showing up. Is it the grabbing of the images for the comments or something else? Pages were much snappier when not enabled.

This should also be resolved. Note upon upgrade you need to go enable a new API method labeled 'fetchAvatar' in the IPB API users. These are now cached for a day. Not the image, the data for profile photos pulled from IPB for a given user.

Additionally, this added support for using the correct sized profile image, as well as IPB facebook/twitter profile photos.

I updated the files and also updated to WP 4.0. Things are working, but I am not seeing any type of increase in page load speed. I am still seeing a 8-10 sec wait before the page tries to reload itself. The very second I deactivate the plugin, the page load is instantaneous. Night and day. What can cause this?

I know. Here is a screen shot

lkk9bce.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' wid" alt="lkk9bce.png">

You need to re-upload the IPB files to the master as well. 'Re-upload' with this modification will generally always mean both the IPB and WP parts.

I updated the files and also updated to WP 4.0. Things are working, but I am not seeing any type of increase in page load speed. I am still seeing a 8-10 sec wait before the page tries to reload itself. The very second I deactivate the plugin, the page load is instantaneous. Night and day. What can cause this?

On initial description, this issue sounded like the bottleneck I just fixed by adding a caching mechanism. However, 10 seconds is inordinate. Can you please contact your WP hosting provider and have them look for a connection issue between your WP server and your IPB server?

The only thing that could be causing that would be the API/IPSConnect HTTP requests to IPB, which I cannot remove as the entire functionality of the mod uses them.

Thanks for the update Marcher. I upgraded to 4.0 and noticed the same issues, but them downgraded until you posted the update.

I don't notice a significant increase or decrease in page load times. Although it seems the page loads around 1.5 seconds and Google page analyses doesn't like that for some odd reason and says I should reduce my server response time.

Hi again,

I downgraded back to 3.9.2 and noticed an increase in page load times. I'll keep testing to see if that was the issue. I might be other plugins that are not up to date with version 4.0 that are causing the issue.

I also was curious if you plan to integrate buddypress avatar's with ipb and wordpress? Is it possible?

Thanks

You need to re-upload the IPB files to the master as well. 'Re-upload' with this modification will generally always mean both the IPB and WP parts.

On initial description, this issue sounded like the bottleneck I just fixed by adding a caching mechanism. However, 10 seconds is inordinate. Can you please contact your WP hosting provider and have them look for a connection issue between your WP server and your IPB server?

The only thing that could be causing that would be the API/IPSConnect HTTP requests to IPB, which I cannot remove as the entire functionality of the mod uses them.

If there is anything specific you would like me to ask them (my host) I will, but I have plenty of functions going on outside the site and they are all very fast. These are quite powerful servers. I have tried uninstalling the caching plugins, no change. When I am logged out, testing the caching plugins on safari make it scary fast. As soon as I login, bam long load times. Disable this connect plugin, super fast. I have tried switching themes, no difference. Feel free to try it out. http://blog.brickpicker.com. Let me know if you would like access to my servers.

Hello i am experiencing the 4.0 issue, my renewal has expired and i can't download the update?

I understand that "updates / support" are provided with renewals but this issue is quite large-scale and affects my whole wordpress installation. Preventing me from posting/updating my site. Would be happy just to patch this.

Thanks,

Hello i am experiencing the 4.0 issue, my renewal has expired and i can't download the update?

I understand that "updates / support" are provided with renewals but this issue is quite large-scale and affects my whole wordpress installation. Preventing me from posting/updating my site. Would be happy just to patch this.

Thanks,

Just do the renewal on the support and updates

Archived