WordPress IPSConnect

Marcher Technologies

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very big problem. We can no longer log into WordPress. Invision Power Board login works fine. Removing the plugin from WordPress allows me to log in. It just started randomly happening earlier this afternoon. I cannot think of anything that has changed other than number of users / articles. I did see there was an update for Jetpack Lite but I hadn't updated yet. I've deleted JetPack Lite as it said it wanted JetPack to function. I'm currently running the site without this plugin which really hurts us as our comment system is linked to forums.

Hey Marcher, I'm having an issue that's just popped up in the last week or so. The whole time I'm logged into the Wordpress admin panel I keep getting popups trying to get me to log in again, and sometimes it will just log me out entirely. My other staff have been getting the same issue. I've tried redoing the settings, clearing my cookies, re-uploading the files, checking the IPB settings...nothing fixes it. Maybe a conflict with 3.8? It was maybe a little bit after I upgraded that I started having problems. In the meantime, I've disabled the Wordpress plugin and I'm not getting the popup or logouts anymore.

I might try doing a clean reinstall of the plugin when I get some spare time, but is there anything else that you might suggest before doing that?

Did you have Jetpack Lite installed, 4P-Geoff? Have had login issues as well and am wondering if it's linked to their update.

I don't. It's just randomly started happening in the past week or two. Haven't gotten around to doing the full reinstall of the plugin, but I'm glad that it's not just me with the issue!

We've got all aspects working apart from the Avatars - they don't appear to be syncing.

On wordpress login bar (Top) the Avatar shows as the IPB one, but in the comments it doesn't. Any advice on this?

odd. the same method is used for both.

add_filter('get_avatar', array(&$this->postClass, 'getAvatar'), 0, 5);

It sounds like there is a plugin conflicting, can you please try disabling plugins not this one and let me know if this persists?

odd. the same method is used for both.

add_filter('get_avatar', array(&$this->postClass, 'getAvatar'), 0, 5);

It sounds like there is a plugin conflicting, can you please try disabling plugins not this one and let me know if this persists?

Hi Marcher,

In between me PM'ing you yesterday, we've now worked out it's causing a conflict with some plugins for our theme, as well as the theme itself. I reached out to the developer of our style today and they have come back stating that they cannot get it working, as the method works fine with "wordpress comments" - just not the bridge.

I'm not sure what method it is they've used, because oddly enough, the avatars show with the default wordpress theme. We've invested too heavily in the sites branding and style to change it now, so I guess the bridge is not going to be the right path for us, which is a shame.

It's an awesome bridge and it ticks all the boxes, but with the compatibility issues with the style and some of our plugins, it's not something we are going to be able to use.

Sometimes I bloody hate Wordpress!

I reinstalled the plugin and the login issue seems to be fixed. Not getting anymore popups. Fingers crossed.

HOWEVER, all the API checks are marked as FAIL and I have no "Post to Forum" option - there is just a blank spot where that option would be in both the IPSConnect options and the individual edit post page. I've made sure that all files are uploaded properly (yes, the IPB files are uploaded as well), the API user is set up correctly, and all the other settings are correct.

I've seen a few other people a few pages back that had the same issue and apparently resolved it, but never posted a solution. Any help, Marcher?

That's what I did, Firestorm. I deleted the plugin and its files through the ACP, deleted the API keys, deleted all the IPB files, and followed the instructions straight through as if I were installing fresh. I'm not sure if something broke in the 3.8 update or if there's something wrong with my installation. I just hope Marcher can figure out what's wrong - it doesn't seem like he's been around here too much lately. :/

That's what I did, Firestorm. I deleted the plugin and its files through the ACP, deleted the API keys, deleted all the IPB files, and followed the instructions straight through as if I were installing fresh.

Hm, I just deleted the files using my FTP client and didn't actually touch anything in ACP. Maybe I should do that.

Hello,

just purchased and installed -which went OK...

but i couldnt work out how to actually use the plugin, and now i can't log in to my wordpress area, i changed the options "login method" to "username" from email and it booted me out of the wp admin area. Can't log back in now.

But how do i tell this software what forum to post "news" /blog posts into.

How do i import / sync registered ipb users to wordpress?

Reaallly confused wonder if you can help?

Hello,

just purchased and installed -which went OK...

but i couldnt work out how to actually use the plugin, and now i can't log in to my wordpress area, i changed the options "login method" to "username" from email and it booted me out of the wp admin area. Can't log back in now.

Can you pm me access to look at this? I want to confirm I've fixed this properly, thanks. :smile:

I've seen a few other people a few pages back that had the same issue and apparently resolved it, but never posted a solution. Any help, Marcher?

This varies honestly. Anything from missing files on the server to bad file permissions to a bad IPB IP ban filter - anything that results in a response not a 200 OK from the server upon accessing IPB's /interface/board/json.php and/or /interface/ipsconnect/ipsconnect.php via script from wordpress.

this update should resolve that, this was a bug in the handling in that specific situation.

Archived