WordPress IPSConnect

Marcher Technologies

Are there some docs for this? For instance, explaining how it works, what is mapped, etc? More targeted towards dev than end user, I suppose.

Also, I see lots of options/settings in the description of the plugin but no corresponding instructions for that as well.

Got it up and running and seems to work so far. Would just like to extend some of the matching of user datafields and more...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello MT,

Where can I disable storing (and syncing) the comments back to WP?

I know there is no gui option for it, I'd like to know the lines that I have to comment out for this. (I am not storing the comments in WP.)

Thank you in advance!

Bugreports:

- When a scheduled WP post is published, the plugin creates multiple topics with the same name. (usually 4-5-6 topics)

- If there is an accented character in the WP post title, the plugin cuts the topic title from this accented character

Can you point me to the right direction where they are handled so I can fix them?

Thanks!

I just purchased your app and installed per your instruction. Nice work and great app. Anyway, to the problem.

Created WP Test forum on forum to try posting/comments feature. Problem is I can't see WP Test created forum in WP MT WordPress IpsConnect Settings:

Post to Forum

Post an IPB topic for every WP post made in the selected forum by default.

Can be overriden by Post.

Help will be appreciated

Statistic show wrong numbers

Post to Forum creates several posts

Ok, purchased and installed, looks like I got everything running Except I'm having a few issues.

1st one is big, I can't access Wordpress Administration, I tried clearing all of my browser cookies, logging in through the IPB side and then going to the WP side. No way in.

2nd After install when I was still in the admin panel for Wordpress, I didn't see any of the widgets available to me.

Ok, just to edit my issue, I figured out in the database, I had to add the wp_capabilities field, it was still set as a regular user on the admin account for some reason. I still am unable to add widgets, and there is no way to select what forum to post a new topic in. I see the headline for it in the WP plugin, but there is no data entry field.

Ok, just to edit my issue, I figured out in the database, I had to add the wp_capabilities field, it was still set as a regular user on the admin account for some reason. I still am unable to add widgets, and there is no way to select what forum to post a new topic in. I see the headline for it in the WP plugin, but there is no data entry field.

please re-upload the files within the /ipb/ directory to your IPB installation.... it would seem you are missing files by the sound of it.

Long URLs that IPB has truncated the output for are breaking in WP.

You said it was fixed last year here:

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/376502-wordpress-ipsconnect/?p=2390631

But it is not working for me. Can you have a look?

Hello David..... I fixed this via PM with you on your site, was waiting to update the download for any further lingering issues. Is the change I applied on your site no longer working, or do I just need update the download?

Another Q: Any way to use with a custom post type?

This should already be supported, where the custom post type supports custom fields, a title, an editor, comments, and an excerpt. For any specific custom post type that does not meet these requirements, one would need to use the ipb_post_types filter hook, and I cannot guarantee such would work without modifications to the code as these are very much depended upon, wtih excerpt being the only really optional item.

MT, you fixed links showing up as "External Link". This appears to be a different issue.

IPB truncated URLs are dying on WP at the "..."

I... see. ok, the fix for the latter issue caused the former, and vice-versai... I have a better approach to this that should sort it.

What's your experience with load and this plugin?

We put it live today and it killed WP as soon as morning traffic ramped up. :

PM sent, if there exists any issue in regards to this I need more details, please reply there.

users are sometimes complaining about a message they get after login on the WP frontpage (I cannot replicate it however):

"{"connect_status":"SUCCESS","connect_id":"167","connect_username":"XYZUser","connect_displayname":"XYZUser","connect_email":"xzy@gmail.com","connect_unlock":0,"connect_revalidate_url":"","connect_unlock_period":"30"}"

after a refresh everything is ok, but I'd like to get rid of this message for them. Where is it in the code? Thanks!

users are sometimes complaining about a message they get after login on the WP frontpage (I cannot replicate it however):

"{"connect_status":"SUCCESS","connect_id":"167","connect_username":"XYZUser","connect_displayname":"XYZUser","connect_email":"xzy@gmail.com","connect_unlock":0,"connect_revalidate_url":"","connect_unlock_period":"30"}"

after a refresh everything is ok, but I'd like to get rid of this message for them. Where is it in the code? Thanks!

That is the actual json response from IPB, as if they visited the IPB ipsconnect file directly with the correct data in the querystring......... can you please try re-uploading the modification to IPB/WP? if that does not sort the issue, can you please provide IPB/WP admin/FTP credentials so that I can look into this for you?

Hey MT, I just purchased and installed the application and everything seems to be working fine although I am running into one issue that's bugging me and has subsequently locked me out of my wp-admin panel. All of my other user's accounts are being created in wordpress when they log in but my admin forum account is not being created in wordpress when I log in on the forum. On top of that, I cannot seem to log in to the admin account on wordpress because the wordpress admin account wasn't created on the forum. So now I'm locked out of my wordpress admin panel. Any help? I'll shoot you a PM with admin creds.

It's the same problem I've had from the start, and I apologize to MT if it's been resolved but I've missed it. I've not kept up on the topic. Clear your cookies, and you should be able to log back in.

I believe when I log out from Wordpress, all works OK, vs. logging out via IP Board.

I got the issue fixed the issue where my admin account was not being created. (Note: I'm using IPB as the master and WP as the slave) Turns out that if you set the default admin account on Wordpress to use the same email as the email that you use on your IPB install it won't create the account on WP because the email already exists. Simply change either the WP admin email or your email on IPB and log back in and your account will be created. Just remember to make it an administrator. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi MT,
I was referred to you after asking for a SSO module from the Enterprise Service team. I am the lead developer at where we have about ~100,000 wordpress users and an IPB forum. Currently we have a janky SSO module that work very poorly and we are wanting to move away from this dependency.

I'm still investigating... that was a quick warning thrown up upon discovery... digging into the code(I have no clue WHY it even needs to do *anything* like this redirect on logout, seems completely unrelated function not advertised on the tin).... the user I am investigating the issue with got locked out by some other wordpress plugin, as an additional note, brute-force login attempt plugins are redundant, and not only not required, but are counter-productive with this, IPB Master bruteforce controls handle this, and such a plugin would only auth local.

E: yeah, it's borked, that plugin is obfuscated to boot.... I cannot even view the source code, much less resolve the conflict....(the way in which this is done is utterly despicable, base64'd and eval'd!!!)

I would highly suggest not using that plugin ANYWAY, plugins like that one are a large contribution to wordpress hacks... user input is undoubtedly being handled here, in an eval call. (!)

That instantly makes that entire plugin suspect and highly vulnerable to script kiddies.... I'd rather see it encrypted with zend or ioncube than this gigantic security hole created merely to obfuscate the plugin code.

The only thoughts I have as such are to wait until I finish the enhancements using the XML-RPC API, and the additional XML-RPC API's(there are some specific needs the stock just won't cover)... I should be able to provide control to synch member primary groups->role to a certain extent at least, obviously certain high-power roles/groups would need to be off-limits.

Not a 'Happy Camper' is an understatement... IPB login modules/hooks and control of the execution order are a literal dream of compatibility compared to...... THIS.

This is actually fixed now. The code is thankfully, not longer obfuscated. Similar to you, I was disgusted with the base64'd and eval'd code, but there code quality is increasing dramatically lately to the point where I'm no longer looking to ditch it as soon as possible.
I'm interested in buying your plugin, but we have a unique set up that would likely need modifications before being production ready. Is there anyway that we could chat (gchat, skype, phone?). My company would be willing to pay for modifications to the plugin. Please let me know if you take contract work.

Regards,

Kenton

Archived