WordPress IPSConnect

Marcher Technologies

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am having a problem with people changing the password when i turn of IP connects it works fine people can change password.. the support here says it might have to do with your app

Disable the IPB 'IPSConnect' login module from your IPB Admin Panel > System > Tools & Settings > Log In Management please, thanks. This is a slave, that should be disabled in IPB as the master. :smile:

Hi Marcher,

I'll get it over to you in a few. Currently I don't have any ftp ports open to my sites so need to set one up temporarily (everythign but 80 & 443 you need to vpn in for).

On another note we discussed this over PM but for public purposes I'm 100% behind purchasing an addition to or seperate tool to create Wordpress posts from new Invision topics.

Enhancement Request for this mod: In admin settings for the plugin on the Wordpress side, create a way to select the forums that authors can post to on the Invision side. I have a few hundred subforums and it appears that the plugin is limiting it to displaying maybe 30 different subforums. This isn't a big deal as the subforum that I'm interest in is listed there but I imagine that this could impact others.

It is a much-requested feature, but is not yet possible out of box. I am yet working through the cross-domain intricacies involved, as I can't simply pull an IPBWI move - cross-domain ajax won't work, I have to re-route things like the notifications/messenger dropdowns through wordpress. Fixing bugs takes priority, however.

I completely understand. Looking forward to it in a future release!

I am currently using IPS Connect with Wordpress and I have a problem.

I would like only the following functionality:

• pasting new Wordpress posts into a dedicated forum on IP.Board (got this working!)
  • no SSO: I would like IP.Board logins not to integrate with the Wordpress user system (and be able to delete all the WP users that have "no role"
  • no comment sync between WP and IP.Board (I'm using DISQUS for those who don't want to use the forums)

How would I go about configuring Wordpress IPS Connect to get the above to work?

Unfortunately, I cannot provide a version of this mod with no shared userbase/SSO. The entirety of the mod is built atop of that functionality, all other functionality springboards off that.

This mod is an SSO first, bridge second.

OK then let's leave SSO – DISQUS can run on top of that and "hide" the native comments.

Can I switch off comment sync between the forum and WP?

2nd problem: blockquotes from WP are not quotes on the forum. How do I fix this?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey MT,

Of course as fate would have it I'm hosted on WPEngine with the incompatible Limit Login Attempt plugin. Before I go looking into my WP options do you know if the conflict is with LLA only or with all similar login limiters and the way WPIC works? Thanks.

FYI the sort of plugins are listed on this page about halfway down: http://wordpress.org/plugins/login-security-solution/

Many thanks.

The conflict has to do with the way wp forces a modder to overload wp_logout to do anything member-specific on logout.

As the cookie is cleared before the action hook is run, and the user ID is not passed, many, myself included are forced to overload this function to pass the user ID to the action hook.

Apparently only one plugin successfully can, and this causes conflicts when two plugins are doing this.

This has been working magically for a while (it's ace!) but in the last few days a few new members are registering ok on IPB but can't log into wordpress (for a Fantasy F1 competition). Has anything changed, can anyone help please?

Huh.

Can you please check your WP server's IP is not in the IPB ban filters? If it is, can you pm me with credentials to look at it further? That would be a third time, and something seems off for it to be happening that often.

Hi MT, I sent a PM but I'll ask here in case it got eaten. In regards to this not working on WPEngine due to Limit Login Attempts plugin. Can you tell me the nature of the error or behavior it spits out? I have a guy at WPE looking into this for me and I'm using it right now on WPE on a dev install of WP and I'm not seeing any errors yet. Thanks, just want to be on the looking out for what this breaks and maybe WPE will fix it / let me work around it.

Hi MT, I sent a PM but I'll ask here in case it got eaten. In regards to this not working on WPEngine due to Limit Login Attempts plugin. Can you tell me the nature of the error or behavior it spits out? I have a guy at WPE looking into this for me and I'm using it right now on WPE on a dev install of WP and I'm not seeing any errors yet. Thanks, just want to be on the looking out for what this breaks and maybe WPE will fix it / let me work around it.

My apologies for the delay in response. That conflict would occur upon attempting to login to WordPress. One would not be able to login to WordPress under any circumstance with both plugins running. It may be that the plugin author did an update resolving it, but I'd need to confirm what specific version resolved the conflict to update the file description.

Did this :smile:

Still looking into it.... as far as I am aware, nothing within IPB natively updates those ban filters without admin intervention, and this is proving difficult to locate a direct cause of as a result.

I will simply end up removing it from the ban filter and moving on If I am unable to find a cause in short order.

Archived