WordPress IPSConnect

Marcher Technologies

I've installed the plugin but my members keep reporting that they get logged out after closing the page. I tried disabling the the connection between WP-IPB but it's still happening.

This completely rules out my code as the cause. I would recommend looking in the wordpress bug tracker, or other plugins for a cause.

Will this work fine with IPB on a subdomain and WP on the main domain, eg forum at forum.example.com and WP at example.com

Yes.

Hello i posted my question over 2 weeks ago, any support?

My apologies, i appear to have missed this. That is odd. it appears the thousands separator is being mishandled. I am looking into this now with the FTP details provided in PM previously.

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Rob,

The "Synch Topic" functionality has partially ceased to work for me. I altered the permissions of the forum that my wordpress articles were synching (making them invisible to guests basically), and then noticed that it then said "0 Comments" on my wordpress homepage. Upon reading the full article, the comments are synching as they are there, but it's not saying they are on the homepage. You should be able to see exactly what I mean here: http://www.smartwatchforum.com/ , you'll notice they are all "0 comments" apart from 1, but there are actually loads of synched comments.

Thanks

Hi Rob,

The "Synch Topic" functionality has partially ceased to work for me. I altered the permissions of the forum that my wordpress articles were synching (making them invisible to guests basically), and then noticed that it then said "0 Comments" on my wordpress homepage. Upon reading the full article, the comments are synching as they are there, but it's not saying they are on the homepage. You should be able to see exactly what I mean here: http://www.smartwatchforum.com/ , you'll notice they are all "0 comments" apart from 1, but there are actually loads of synched comments.

Thanks

Following up on this in our PM. I have an idea of what is happening there, but wish to be certain - not sure what point there is to wp_insert_comment if it does not increment the comment count, but I can manually account for such.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Marcher Technologies,

I have a strange issue with the IPS WP Connect plugin. Right after activating it, it worked flawlessly for a couple hours, but now, it double-posts all News anyone posts in Wordpress into the specified News Forum.

What might be the issue?

Greetings,

Maxunit

ok i changed servers I have two host plans now shared server and vps IPB is on the vps and wordpress on the shared.. I not sure how to update the master key but i copied what was there and put it in the wp admin wp plugin key area.. it still dont work.. it knows what my name and password are..)i just changed it on IPB however it wont log me in WP automatically i have to log in WP manually..what am i doing wrong? I read this app wont work between two servers.. is that the problem..?

Hello Marcher Technologies,

I have a strange issue with the IPS WP Connect plugin. Right after activating it, it worked flawlessly for a couple hours, but now, it double-posts all News anyone posts in Wordpress into the specified News Forum.

What might be the issue?

Greetings,

Maxunit

My apologies for the delay, was looking to see if I could dig up any decisive cause of this issue with another client experiencing it. I strongly suspect this specifically is caused by a plugin conflict. Could you possibly disable all other plugins merely to rule them out, and let me know if this issue persists with it like that?

ok i changed servers I have two host plans now shared server and vps IPB is on the vps and wordpress on the shared.. I not sure how to update the master key but i copied what was there and put it in the wp admin wp plugin key area.. it still dont work.. it knows what my name and password are..)i just changed it on IPB however it wont log me in WP automatically i have to log in WP manually..what am i doing wrong? I read this app wont work between two servers.. is that the problem..?

This generally works fine, but I'd need further details to be sure... the plugin works across different servers as suggested, but both IPB and WP need to be on the same Top Level Domain for SSO to function. Subdomains work fine.

If this is the case, then it would seem you likely need to update your IPB cookie domain. If it is not, unfortunately that is a limitation of IPB3's IPSConnect, this limitation will be lifted with IPSConnect 4.0.

I noticed, that this happened some time after I removed the "Limit Login Attempts" MU-Plugin Version. People are not getting locked out of accounts anymore, but I think it then started to double-post.

Sadly I cannot check each plugin one by one right now, to see what might be the issue, at least not right now :/

I will do so asap, tho.

Thank you for replying back :)

Hi,

I've purchased this awesome plugin and for some reason I'm getting all fails in the API debug. I've got the key's in place and the API key in place and the plug in is enabled. Any suggestions?

Reupload the files, after ensuring you followed the readme exactly(specified API modules enabled, etc). It is also worth checking the /interface/board/json.php file has executable permissions, if visiting it directly produces a 403, it's usually the permissions.

Hi Marcher,

It seems my file was chmod 644, so I chmod it to 755 and got this

{"methodResponse":{"fault":{"code":"2","value":"IP.Board could not locate an API module called ''"}}}

Not sure if that helps understand the issue

That would be the correct response when directly visiting the file. Can you try now? That sounds like it was the culprit of your issues with the API.

Hi again,

Yeah I thought that was the culprit but it's still giving me the same response. I'm at a loss now because I've done everything per directions. I even re-did them with no change.

Hello,

I have ensured there is some extra space in my PM inbox... could you send me a personal message with access details to investigate this please?

I'm not going to be able to help further without looking directly at it unfortunately.

Thanks.

Heyo again, Marcher :)

So far it seems to work. Might be, that someone on our end presses "Submit" twice and therefor causes the double posts on the forums.

Another question tho:

Whenever someone logs in on Wordpress, he/she gets redirected to the forum. Can this be changed, so that the User gets redirected to the Wordpress Site?

My apologies for the delay, was looking to see if I could dig up any decisive cause of this issue with another client experiencing it. I strongly suspect this specifically is caused by a plugin conflict. Could you possibly disable all other plugins merely to rule them out, and let me know if this issue persists with it like that?

This generally works fine, but I'd need further details to be sure... the plugin works across different servers as suggested, but both IPB and WP need to be on the same Top Level Domain for SSO to function. Subdomains work fine.

If this is the case, then it would seem you likely need to update your IPB cookie domain. If it is not, unfortunately that is a limitation of IPB3's IPSConnect, this limitation will be lifted with IPSConnect 4.0.

I am not familar with what you mean Top Level Domain? both sites are in folders not the root direcfory... also how do i update my cookie domain?

it was working great loved the app.. need it working again tho.. please help

ithink i see how to update cookies would i use .domain.com and update or some other cookie needs to be updated?

Heyo again, Marcher :smile:

So far it seems to work. Might be, that someone on our end presses "Submit" twice and therefor causes the double posts on the forums.

Another question tho:

Whenever someone logs in on Wordpress, he/she gets redirected to the forum. Can this be changed, so that the User gets redirected to the Wordpress Site?

Edit the plugin settings and change the post-logout URL, it's set to your forum URL by description.

I am not familar with what you mean Top Level Domain? both sites are in folders not the root direcfory... also how do i update my cookie domain?

it was working great loved the app.. need it working again tho.. please help

ithink i see how to update cookies would i use .domain.com and update or some other cookie needs to be updated?

Please send me a PM with access credentials so I can look into this issue.

its telling me that the file can't be found when I try to download it.

This is currently an issue with the entire marketplace, that I have no control of to assist in resolving. Please be patient, and this should be resolved soon.

I've had this same issue all along.

User logs in on Wordpress and gets redirected to forum.

User logs out on Wordpress, gets redirected to forum, and then must logout of there. Not sure if it is intended that they must logout on the forum as well, but that is how mine works.

If you are using a custom wordpress login box to pointed at IPB for form submission, say a content block or something, you are not hitting my code at all for login. You are hitting IPB's code directly at that point, and that is is out of my hands as it is custom code.

If this is the case, then yes.... IPB will redirect you to it's homepage - not my code. Further, that is an area this modification should never have code in, IPB's login handler. Moots the entire point of ipsconnect really.

If you are using a custom wordpress login box to pointed at IPB for form submission, say a content block or something, you are not hitting my code at all for login. You are hitting IPB's code directly at that point, and that is is out of my hands as it is custom code.

If this is the case, then yes.... IPB will redirect you to it's homepage - not my code. Further, that is an area this modification should never have code in, IPB's login handler. Moots the entire point of ipsconnect really.

The Site I am maintaining runs a Custom Theme and it looks like a custom login box as well, yep.

Might have to modify the code then -.-

Thanks for the response.

Archived