Download: ProMenu Basic

Robert Simons

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When linking directly to an ipContent page, would it be possible to show the pages folder structure in the dialogue box please. I have quite a few index.php pages and it is impossible to tell which is which.

Thanks E

post-115370-0-75271000-1325153150_thumb.

fiddlesticks....
I get the feeling im going to have to write that function lol.
i hadnt thought of that one til now.... my pages hooks and feeds all have the same issue. >.<
and no... there happens to be no centralized function to do that specifically, its done in the content acp at runtime.

It might be a bit more fundamental than the dialogue box in that I don't think it is reading the folder structure at all. It seems that I can only select one of the index pages {root}/index.php and if I try and select any others from pages subfolders it just defaults back to this one in the dialogue box.

.....ok
i know what this is.
Simons is gonna have to switch to page_id sooner than he thought....
i'm working with him on the content end on this one.... we'll get that one this very next patch... (i knew and said it was a very bad idea to use the page_seo_name as identifier)
this bug is a result of how he is storing it and therefore pulling it this version.

Hello,

Can I ask you (sorry if you already stated somewhere) if this mod is able to inherit the main navigation bar ( as actually mine, for many browsers is too long), and give the opportunity to choose wich tab should be the visible ones, and get the others in a submenu?

should work fine for you, YOU choose what is shown on nav bar and how its arranged.

Hello,

Can I ask you (sorry if you already stated somewhere) if this mod is able to inherit the main navigation bar ( as actually mine, for many browsers is too long), and give the opportunity to choose which tab should be the visible ones, and get the others in a submenu?

it has a feature to kill the more menus option (if desired)... and you can arrange the menus order to suit your needs

and of coarse you can do multi-tier menus if desired as well .. to eliminate that issue.

Progress update...

next upgrade release will include:

treat as category option for main parent menus

left right option for submenu display

delete button on edit page

enable/disable navigation arrows

inactive tabbing option per menu

parent shows active when submenu is active

bug fixes will include :

menus will read from a cache versus query (eliminate possible high server loads)

Content pages now read from ID rather an seo title

page selector shows folder depth

pages now read from ID

Would it also be possible to have

[*]a 'no scroll' [*]the ability to enter more characters in the link name. [*]Ability to automatically stretch the width of a menu dropdown. Currently they are all the same, so in order to have it looking good the width has to go to say 150px (until you run out of characters (See 1)) - but would look nicer if menu three had a long entry and was say 180px but menu seven was only 100px wide. Perhaps it should be a minimum width that could be set, with no maximum, as this is controlled by the widest entry (if no scroll was selected)

Have logged a bug report about a conflict between the ProMenu FURL template and the main Members FURL template which caused the advanced search options for members to return to the main board index without any results.

My temporary fix suggested by IPS is to delete the '/admin/applications_addon/other/promenu/extensions/furlTemplates.php' file, and then rebuild the FURL cache: Admin CP > System > Cache Management > Rebuild FURL Cache.

Am sure that there will be a proper fix soon but this is a work around if anyone else has the same problem.

Hi,

I bought you mod yesterday and installed it properly but advanced search is not working with it.
I tried on your demo site and you have same issue.
[#10CCS2] We could not find the page you were looking for.

Please let me know when this will be fixed.

Hi,

I bought you mod yesterday and installed it properly but advanced search is not working with it.

I tried on your demo site and you have same issue.

[#10CCS2] We could not find the page you were looking for.

Please let me know when this will be fixed.

I added a furlTemplate.php to add continuity to the menu's furls .. sadly this has caused some clashes .. in the mean time delete the furlTemplate.php itself and recache your furls .. I will fix this issue in the next release

Can the menu be linked to external sites?

yes..it can be linked to external site

Also on your demo board if you hover over the word extras the URL for the icon shows which is a pain.

:smile:

hmm .. I don't think the actual release has that flaw ... in either case its fixed in the next upgrade as I have redone the entire template area

IMO, and I could be wrong (happens a lot lately :) ), a lot of that is so dependent on how each person has installed stuff (including ccs) and setup htacess that there is no way to be 100% on it. perhaps in the read me outline what to look for to correct furl issues?

well I'm letting IPB parse the url ...if an app doesn't already have a furl in place, the menu will not produce a furl ... now ppl can always build their own and add it to menus furlTemplate.php .. but they run the chance of clashes ... so for now that furlTemplate will be moot .. the next release it will only contain promenu's furl ... as I will be adding a front page for menu tree display (most likely in the groups build)

and an update..baring any fubar's .. upgrade should be available by tomorrow evening

I added a furlTemplate.php to add continuity to the menu's furls .. sadly this has caused some clashes .. in the mean time delete the furlTemplate.php itself and recache your furls .. I will fix this issue in the next release

I'm sorry I'm a newbie on IPB and no idea how to do the fix :P.
I think I'll wait the release,

Archived