Download: ProMenu Basic

Robert Simons

oh..and a tools section .. this would contain a purge all menus option .. delete orphaned menus option (menus tied to apps that no longer exist) and maybe an option to build a default set of menus based on all applications installed .. though I'm on the fence with that option as each menu would most likely need tweaked to suit the needs of the owner

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that last one, building by whats installed, would have issues with me as I run content as domain home, forums under /forums, and I am not using CCS as default app.

the furls will be issue unless we can manually edit them.

I agree..I don't see it being a feasible option .. there is just too many custom settings per menu to have it create them on the fly like that

this menu app does have a furl template .. so if your running an app that hasn't set one up..and I haven't already added it to the template .. the menu wont have a furl link..

if the app can handle furl (as not all can yet .. arcade being one of them) ... anyone needs help with furl on a specific app just let me know

this is located in admin/applications_addon/other/promenu/extensions/furlTemplates.php

change

'app=forums' => array(

'app'   => 'forums',

'allowRedirect' => 1,

'out'		   => array( '/app=forums$/i', 'index/$1' ),

'in'			=> array( 'regex'   => '#^/index/(/|$|?)#i',

'matches' => array( array( 'app', 'forums' ) )

)

),

'act=idx'	   => array( 'app'		=> 'forums',

'allowRedirect' => 0,

'out'		   => array( '#act=idx(&|$)#i', 'index/$1' ),

'in'			=> array( 'regex'   => '#^/index/(/|$|?)#i',

'matches' => array( array( 'act', 'idx' ) ) ) ),

to

'app=forums' => array(

'app'   => 'forums',

'allowRedirect' => 1,

'out'		   => array( '/app=forums$/i', 'forums/$1' ),

'in'			=> array( 'regex'   => '#^/forums/(/|$|?)#i',

'matches' => array( array( 'app', 'forums' ) )

)

),

'act=idx'	   => array( 'app'		=> 'forums',

'allowRedirect' => 0,

'out'		   => array( '#act=idx(&|$)#i', 'forums/$1' ),

'in'			=> array( 'regex'   => '#^/forums/(/|$|?)#i',

'matches' => array( array( 'act', 'idx' ) ) ) ),

then rebuild the furl cache

ok will do that in a bit, am still building pretty menus :smile:

let me know if that works for you ... versus having to add to the .htaccess ... it should ... that way you'll have a short clean furl to your forums

like yourdomain.com/forums/

I only added the forums (among other IPS products that already have furl setup) to my furlTemplates.php was to setup a little continuity .. so I added a slash after all the applications .. giving it the feel like each application has its own subfolder to work from

and as I mentioned before .. anyone running a menu that doesn't produce a friendly url .. and would like to change this .. just let me know .. and as long as the application itself can handle it .. I'll build one for you .. or if you want to change a furl on a certain app, I can help with that as well

Few more suggestions:
Possibly a way to enable /disable icons per menu sets (in bulk and by skin) ... but keep all the paths intact if you take the time to set it up and decide later to turn it off - could be tedious.
a switch would be better - perhaps user side switch too? end user preference - Show/Hide tab menu icons?

Would like to see a WYSIWYG preview when building menu so you don't have to COMMIT changes to the public side until you get things dialed in.

Drag & Drop items up and down hierarchy -

If a Tab has no LINK and isn't a APP the url is # but the user clicks on a sub menu item - it would be nice that the parent tab become "active" or selected as you loos visual indication
where what tab you had selected.

Menu Sets:
Its easier to think of groups of menu as sets - mostly by Permission - You create a set of menus guests / members / moderators / <custom> you can provide unique hover text and or slightly different or additional menu options.

Duplicate Menu Structure or use "default" Menu structure ( that is based on IPS default menu - and if or if not there is any apps installed )

If possible I would love to have a heat map of the tabs - just to see where members are hovering and clicking.

Ability to generate a site map from all the menu items.

Not sure how best to output this without either:
1. using a sidebar hook
2. using a custom page
3. using IP content

suggestions welcome :smile:

... thinking about it, maybe a popup (lightbox) style page, much like 'quick navigation' button but focused on just the link menu.

Formatted display showing all menu item links in a 'tree' structure with maybe having the tool tip description next to each menu item.
Ability to edit (permission based) the links and tooltips/descriptions from the sitemap page - only textural, not the actual menu structure. Would allow typos to be corrected and missing info to be added. Sometimes, it's not until you see the 'big picture' that you can see that re-wording some items is appropriate for continuity :smile:

Few more suggestions:

Possibly a way to enable /disable icons per menu sets (in bulk and by skin) ... but keep all the paths intact if you take the time to set it up and decide later to turn it off - could be tedious.

a switch would be better - perhaps user side switch too? end user preference - Show/Hide tab menu icons?

I'll see if I can come up with a decent solution

Would like to see a WYSIWYG preview when building menu so you don't have to COMMIT changes to the public side until you get things dialed in.

I dont see this being feasible as the view would be different for each theme

If a Tab has no LINK and isn't a APP the url is # but the user clicks on a sub menu item - it would be nice that the parent tab become "active" or selected as you loos visual indication

where what tab you had selected.

i too would like to achieve this but doubt its even possible

Menu Sets:

Its easier to think of groups of menu as sets - mostly by Permission - You create a set of menus guests / members / moderators / <custom> you can provide unique hover text and or slightly different or additional menu options.

you could in theory already achieve this by using the permissions matrix

Duplicate Menu Structure or use "default" Menu structure ( that is based on IPS default menu - and if or if not there is any apps installed )

has been suggested already .. and considering the level of custom settings per menu .. having the app build a "default" set of menus wouldn't be ideal .. as each would require editing before its usage.

If possible I would love to have a heat map of the tabs - just to see where members are hovering and clicking.

I'll look into it

Ability to generate a site map from all the menu items.

Not sure how best to output this without either:

1. using a sidebar hook

2. using a custom page

3. using IP content

suggestions welcome :smile:

... thinking about it, maybe a popup (lightbox) style page, much like 'quick navigation' button but focused on just the link menu.

Formatted display showing all menu item links in a 'tree' structure with maybe having the tool tip description next to each menu item.

Ability to edit (permission based) the links and tooltips/descriptions from the sitemap page - only textural, not the actual menu structure. Would allow typos to be corrected and missing info to be added. Sometimes, it's not until you see the 'big picture' that you can see that re-wording some items is appropriate for continuity :smile:

I've thought about adding in a hook for a side block to display menus could easily add one to display a menu tree... as far as giving the ability to edit from public side can be done..though not recommended

Thanks for the mod. Finally had a real working system menu. My question is, can anyone share the board, as set the transparency submenu? Tried it in the CSS prescribe the opacity, but the result or not, or becomes transparent menus and submenus.

if your looking to make the backgrounds transparent .. you have to edit the css .. were I have it marked to change the background colors .. change the color to "transparent" .. if you need further assistance tweaking it just let me know

what determines the opening speeds on hover?

nothing wrong with it, just want to tweak (break) it a bit :smile:

it would be in the js file .. second line .. s=6 ... increase this number to slow the display

there is problem with the cleancut (revtastic version) theme.

no backgrounds to it, did verify uploads.

not sure if this is more a theme issue or not.

definitely sounds theme related .. I assume your background colors aren't visibly .. try throwing an !important tag behind your background colors in the css .. see if that helps

I've thought about adding in a hook for a side block to display menus could easily add one to display a menu tree...

please, not a sidebar! anything but that lol. I am working hard to remove sidebars from my site, I'd rather a new page and menu link to it, or even tacking it on to the top/bottom of an existing page somewhere. I really, really, really want to avoid adding more stuff to the forums pages.

as far as giving the ability to edit from public side can be done..though not recommended

okeydokey, ACP then :)

Archived