Download: ProMenu Basic

Robert Simons

it would be quite a change code wise ... as I'd have to add in a new database field ... a different add and edit template for the admin panel .. rework the template bits to accommodate either menu type ... etc .. would take some time to assemble .. it would be a parent menu only option ... and I'd prolly have to make it so you build the sub menus within those pages ... but I do believe it should be doable

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been tossing around the idea of adding in a "Add Mega Menu" option ... in theory I should be able to create it so you can run both types simultaneously within the primary navigation ... anyone have any thoughts on this concept?

I would like to have either a second menu (like fusion header and primary menu) and maybe a new app (or addition, if possible) of http://codecanyon.ne...own-menu/126387 although there are licencing concerns with it that would need to be addressed, unless you developed your own equivalent :wink:

I think this menu is probably about as developed as it should be (within this application)

a header or mega dropdown should maybe be a new application, and shhh all you cheapwads that would complain about shelling out more $$ :P

I would like to have either a second menu (like fusion header and primary menu) and maybe a new app (or addition, if possible) of

http://codecanyon.ne...own-menu/126387

although there are licencing concerns with it that would need to be addressed, unless you developed your own equivalent :wink:

I opted to leave out a header menu, as it seems to be outdated these days (the grey nav bar under the primary nav is the new "in" thing and there are hooks out there to achieve that already), and it shouldn't be needed now with multiple dropdown capabilities ...

As far as the link you posted ... that is a mega menu .. exactly what I'm thinking about adding

I would like to have either a second menu (like fusion header and primary menu) and maybe a new app (or addition, if possible) of

http://codecanyon.ne...own-menu/126387

although there are licencing concerns with it that would need to be addressed, unless you developed your own equivalent :wink:

I think this menu is probably about as developed as it should be (within this application)

a header or mega dropdown should maybe be a new application, and shhh all you cheapwads that would complain about shelling out more $$ :tongue:

if I can't incorporate it into this menu I will make it as its own entity ... though I would prefer to keep all menus within one application ... and I'm quite sure its a feasible concept

it would be quite a change code wise ... as I'd have to add in a new database field ... a different add and edit template for the admin panel .. rework the template bits to accommodate either menu type ... etc .. would take some time to assemble .. it would be a parent menu only option ... and I'd prolly have to make it so you build the sub menus within those pages ... but I do believe it should be doable

I would like that, know users themselves would.
not sure its classified as a mega menu thou, looked at that example and it is nice.

I would like that, know users themselves would.

not sure its classified as a mega menu thou, looked at that example and it is nice.

yes that link would be an example of your basic "Mega Drop Down Menu" .. I've seen some like that....where they even do submenus

here's a sample of one I found from http://www.htmldrive.net/

of coarse adding in all that one offers would be just be overkill IMHO though I do like the basic concept .. gives me plenty of ideas on what I would like to achieve LOL

the color swap would be an excellent tool for users

I don't think its really necessary is it .. I made plenty of comments in the css template so users can tweak the colors, display look and location of subs ... using a tool would have to be global and not really ideal for users with multiple themes

I wish I had not just spent money on fusion LOL

he has a decent product .. just depends on your needs ... though I agree with everyone else the support is lacking ... though you can in theory use it for a header menu .. or custom menus I guess .. though not sure how it would display on the front with custom menus .. as long as you have his navigation removal hook enabled I don't foresee a major clash happening ... though as rule of thumb .. backup first LOL

well I was thinking if the user could swap color as easily as that it may help those who have vision issues when using some skins, but having not seen how yours actually works please take that with HUGE grain of salt :)
the sub menus you have are what I was hoping for when I bought fusion, what can you do LOL

well I was thinking if the user could swap color as easily as that it may help those who have vision issues when using some skins, but having not seen how yours actually works please take that with HUGE grain of salt :)

the sub menus you have are what I was hoping for when I bought fusion, what can you do LOL

that was one of the two reasons why I developed this application .. that and IP.Content support .. to fulfill those needs .. I personally dont even use submenus (but do use multiple IP.Content pages and desired independent tab activation for each page), though I know the desire/need for one is present in the community, hence its creation

Just got this app... looking forward to using it - however I would like to add one suggestion - why not create a button that will create a menu structure as it exists so that you can move things and adjust things as needed using the default as a starting point?

Right now I have to setup menus from scratch in order to build any sub-menus.

Also too i would like to see MENU SETS by GROUP...

If you are a member of XYZ group you get this MENU SET / if you are in group ZYX you get THAT MENU GROUP

Just got this app... looking forward to using it - however I would like to add one suggestion - why not create a button that will create a menu structure as it exists so that you can move things and adjust things as needed using the default as a starting point?

Right now I have to setup menus from scratch in order to build any sub-menus.

not a bad idea..I can see me adding in that feature eventually

Also too i would like to see MENU SETS by GROUP...

If you are a member of XYZ group you get this MENU SET / if you are in group ZYX you get THAT MENU GROUP

couldn't that be achieved thru the permissions matrix?

on that note .. I do plan on incorporating the idea of editing all permissions on the fly .. like how IPB has it setup for forums .. when editing on the fly you can just save, or save and load next menus permissions matrix on the tree

how about a setting .. to determine which way a menu opens ... left or right .. this would be for submenus at any level .. it can be achieved now thru the css .. but would be global .. creating it as a setting would give flexibly on the fly w/o having to edit the style .. and not have ... say all "3rd level menus" opening right

how about a setting .. to determine which way a menu opens ... left or right .. this would be for submenus at any level .. it can be achieved now thru the css .. but would be global .. creating it as a setting would give flexibly on the fly w/o having to edit the style .. and not have ... say all "3rd level menus" opening right

right to left opening would be useful for those communities in languages that are right to left reading :)

Archived