IPB 3.2 Trash Can

bronco93

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, after my recent upgrade I see that if I don't want to lose my deleted posts then I have to use mulit- moderation. I wish to do this but I am reading these posts and now think that you can't utitlise this for single posts?

Can someone please confirm this is NOT true as surely that would be ridiculous......

Thanks

TCx

If your concern is not losing content but "deleting" it, use the hide feature. It deletes it from the topic flow for everyone except moderators.

You can still split posts manually and push them to a "trash can" forum if you prefer.

HI, yes, i am fully aware of the hide function and we do use this. However, this then means that you have look at 'unnaproved' at the beginning of any forum/thread that has some in it which isn't ideal.

I am used to having anything deleted then stored in our 'Deleted' forum which is visible to Admin and Mods and it's there to be referred to if necessary. I'd like to achieve the same and have been led to believe that this is possible. I have raised a ticket with Invision asking for instruction as to what to write in three boxes and have yet to hear back. I suppose it has only been 27 hours since I reported it.

Any ideas?

Capture-1.jpg' alt='' class='ipsImage' w" alt="Capture-1.jpg">

Thanks

TCx

Multi-moderation applies to whole topics, not just single posts.

You can create a multi-mod that moves topics to your trash can forum if you want. The three fields you show arrows next to don't matter (in terms of functionality), that's up to you.

For individual posts, you'd check them in a topic, choose "split", then on the resulting form you'd move them to your trash can forum.

For the record, hiding a topic or post does NOT show "unapproved" in the forum view. That marker is reserved for posts/topics that are actually unapproved, not hidden (there is a difference).

Multi-moderation applies to whole topics, not just single posts.

You can create a multi-mod that moves topics to your trash can forum if you want. The three fields you show arrows next to don't matter (in terms of functionality), that's up to you.

For individual posts, you'd check them in a topic, choose "split", then on the resulting form you'd move them to your trash can forum.

For the record, hiding a topic or post does NOT show "unapproved" in the forum view. That marker is reserved for posts/topics that are actually unapproved, not hidden (there is a difference).

Sorry it's taken so long to get back, I've been inundated!

We have decided that any duplicate posts will be deleted and anything 'dodgy' that we would want to keep for reference will be moved to our Deleted Forum.

The bit you mention about unapproved and hidden...prior to our upgrade, the process was called 'unapprove' in order to make a post invisible to members, but visible to mods and admin within the thread it was posted in. Now that command available is 'hide' which is where I was coming from. Where there are 'hidden' posts in threads we now have the word 'unapproved' at the beginning of the forum title where as we used to have a small icon. Obviously this was a customisation to our old skin and now we've had to have a new one it's just defaulting to the word instead. It's just a bit more 'in your face' than I'd like lol!

Thanks for your help

TCx

Archived