IPB Moderators - is it too hard to move a thread?

Ocean West

I have seen several locked posts here lately and they all say basically state the same thing -

YOU POSTED IN THE WRONG FORUM ( i am paraphrasing )

and Although written respectfully kind of seems impersonal - and some of the posters are veterans having
hundreds of post counts.

Why take the time to publicly out the person, and not just move the post, to the appropriate forum.

IPB has a feature that allows mods move threads ;)

It would be nice if the there were a "Reason for move" sent to the author via message, when you move it.

Is it too hard to read the very obvious rules at the top of each forum? And members with hundreds of posts should really know better, after all they've clearly been around long enough that they should know where and where not to ask for support.

Why do you assume it's always about support?

I guess it's because those who posted have no access right to where it should've been posted so moving the topic wouldn't help much.

man! feels like there is 38956348 the word "post" in my sentence!

Why do you say that?

There are 4 posts in General from a customer looking for feedback about different IPS products. I would imagine customers have access to the feedback forum, which the staff member stated was the proper area.

Why do you say that?

There are 4 posts in General from a customer looking for feedback about different IPS products. I would imagine customers have access to the feedback forum, which the staff member stated was the proper area.

that's why I said I guess ;)

I can't speak for other moderators, however, generally, if a topic is posted somewhere that the OP would not have permission to access after it's moved, we don't move it, just lock it. Otherwise, they tend to start a 2nd topic asking where the first one went. Alternately, if the first post of the topic is one thing, but members go off on a separate subject, it can be difficult to judge where it goes.

Probably a multi-mod reply :smile:

The only multi-mod functions that we use on this board are the "Support Topic Resolved" ones.

Archived