Android App

dieselpowered

Something is wrong there. Because at this very moment, there is 135,461 Apps for Android. Probably more at the end of this message ;)

But thats not the question. Well at least you gave us a reason for the delay, and a valid reason. Invision is a PHP company,

But this is the future, entering foruns from our Mobile Phones, don't forget that ;)

That article was written in July. I'm positive the Apple app store has many more apps at this point than it did when the article was written as well. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IM looking forward to the release ... I run a Sport Fishing forum and my members want to be able to take pictures of their Blue Marlin with there droid x and then upload the picture directly to the board from the boat ... while releasing the fish to fight another day!

Hope it's available soon!

I think customers are just trying to understand the reason iPhone Users have an App Month's ago, and Android users do not have.

Is iPhone much better than Android for that to happen? I don't think so ;)

Im a software developer, and i know how things works. Im a Little sad to see that the Android App have fallen in Invision Prioritys.

Don't forget one thing, Mobility is everthing this days.

There is one iPad, but there are a dozen Android tablets either out or will be out in a matter of minutes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a google nexus s and it beats the crappola out of any iPhone tbh on both looks and tech.

Amazing piece of kit tbh.

And yes I have also owned an iPhone 3g and an iPhone 4 too so I have the right to compare.

Once the android market takes off more it will kill iPhone tbh.

I've owned and Iphone and the Android. I currently have the HTC Evo and like it alot better than the Iphone I have. Hey Dieselpowered - I see you're over here - did you dump VB. I'm about too on my biggest board. I've had it with them. I've giving IP a try out on a new board I just started. so far - thumbs up...

there are certainly a lot less mods for IP but then again that does make my life somewhat simpler and their mods and skins are easy to install. I'm just getting used to their admin panel and navigational paradigm - interesting to see how different companies tackle the same problem. Plusses and minuses to both.

• 1 month later...

It would seem rather pointless for them to devote major efforts into developing the initial Android app for IP Board 3.1.x when 3.2.x is under dev focus.. Factor in you'd either have to maintain two code branches for it OR just re-write the app from scratch for 3.2

It would be better for them to write it in tandem with the 3.2 dev cycle to ensure all features match up to provide the most rounded feature set with highest level of mobility possible

It would seem rather pointless for them to devote major efforts into developing the initial Android app for IP Board 3.1.x when 3.2.x is under dev focus.. Factor in you'd either have to maintain two code branches for it OR just re-write the app from scratch for 3.2

It would be better for them to write it in tandem with the 3.2 dev cycle to ensure all features match up to provide the most rounded feature set with highest level of mobility possible

The 3.1 and 3.2 codebases do not differ that substantially. As I understand it, development of the Android app is well underway already.

• 1 month later...

Have you seen the beta?

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/337555-ipboard-android-application-beta-1/

When I click that link, I get the message "[#10342] We could not determine which forum this topic is in." I would love to test this app out! I've been looking for something like this for a few weeks now!

• 6 months later...

Only customers with active IP.Board licenses can access the Android beta. It is currently in beta testing, as mentioned above, and will be available as soon as it is ready.

I have an active license. Not sure how you would know that though. There was never any settings to input my license key or anything. And no, I am not the primary holder. I did access this forum through my admin CP. How can I get recognized as a license holder?

• 4 months later...

Once again... perpetual licenses get excluded from a service. This beta seems to be not available to perpetual license holders...

:sad:

Anyway, is there an update for this long coming app ?

There currently is not a public beta for the mobile app, its still in private developer testing. You are not being excluded from any testing due to your license type. (this is an old thread)

When there is any news to report, you will se it in our company blogs first. :)

Archived