Android App

dieselpowered

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soo,

Under that assumption iOS and Andriod is not going to get very far eh? (Andriod is Licensed to the vendors.. they don't own it)

It would be a little nicer if IPS Didn't essentially give the middle finger to Blackberry owners putting them behind everyone else.. Heck 80% of the people on my community who have smart phones are on them, the next highest is andriod and the lowest is iPhones

If we're giving Blackberry owners the finger, I'd say we're doing it very politely. Our mobile skin works pretty well on the Blackberry, not as well as on other smart phones, but that's only because the browser isn't great.

At the end of the day, we can't build apps for every phone, there's just not enough time or incentive to do so. If we build one for Blackberry, why not WebOS, or Bada, or Symbian? We've started with the platform that has the most popular apps market, the iPhone, next we're doing one that has a strong up and coming apps market, Android. After that, I'd say it's fair to suggest using the mobile skin.

• 3 weeks later...

If we're giving Blackberry owners the finger, I'd say we're doing it very politely. Our mobile skin works pretty well on the Blackberry, not as well as on other smart phones, but that's only because the browser isn't great.

At the end of the day, we can't build apps for every phone, there's just not enough time or incentive to do so. If we build one for Blackberry, why not WebOS, or Bada, or Symbian? We've started with the platform that has the most popular apps market, the iPhone, next we're doing one that has a strong up and coming apps market, Android. After that, I'd say it's fair to suggest using the mobile skin.

Haha.. no you don't need WebOS. It's all but dead. I just came from a Palm and switched to android... I'd say just do an iPhone app, Android App and Blackberry.. You've covered your bases for all the major smart phones.

• 2 weeks later...

as an app developer i was curious about this and found this topic. Shame it's taken them so long. With the help of a friend, I went ahead and created my own android app that pulls news from my ipb rss feeds. Has helped my site hits as well. Definitely needed those hits since switching to IPB. That's another story altogether.

• 2 weeks later...

What would you like us to reply with? There is no further update yet. When there is, we'll let you know. I'm pretty sure we've already said this, however, so I was not aware you were awaiting for another reply from us with the same info. :)

I think customers are just trying to understand the reason iPhone Users have an App Month's ago, and Android users do not have.
Is iPhone much better than Android for that to happen? I don't think so ;)

Im a software developer, and i know how things works. Im a Little sad to see that the Android App have fallen in Invision Prioritys.

Don't forget one thing, Mobility is everthing this days.

What would you like us to reply with? There is no further update yet. When there is, we'll let you know. I'm pretty sure we've already said this, however, so I was not aware you were awaiting for another reply from us with the same info. :)

You could let us know how far the development is and eta. :)

You could let us know how far the development is and eta. :)

I wouldn't even get your hopes up for an ETA from them at this point. If they had an ETA, they would have given one by now. The android app maker is now open to the public, maybe you can check to see if they have any rss examples there. Along with a friend,I made my own site rss feed parser that shows our news and latest forum threads.

You guys are talking about iOS as if it only runs on the iPhone. Now, when you include the iPod Touch and the iPad, iOS is untouchable at the moment.

Untouchable in what ways? Even if you go by the user base, Android has pretty much caught up to iOS. And this trend is only accelerating. I believe just about every software companies developing for iOS is now porting their apps to Android, if not already there.

We are a PHP development company. We write PHP scripts. We had a developer on staff that happened to be able to work with iOS as well, which is part of the reason the iPhone app was created first (that, along with the fact that the iPhone app market is bigger at present).

We want to deliver an Android app. It's on our radar. We have plans to. I can't say anything more than that. Remember - it's not like we develop Android applications as a normal course of business. It's an entirely different language, requiring an entirely different toolset and skillset.

(that, along with the fact that the iPhone app market is bigger at present).

While I personally do not really see any reason for an app for IPB on android I find your statement to be wrong, Brandon I don't know where you got that from but it is not correct. Android is now well out in front and growing faster every day

Iphone4 v Android

They base on the HTC EVO however I have the HTC Desire Froyo 2.2 and its even better, leaving the Iphone at the lights.

:whistle:

While I personally do not really see any reason for an app for IPB on android I find your statement to be wrong, Brandon I don't know where you got that from but it is not correct. Android is now well out in front and growing faster every day

Iphone4 v Android

They base on the HTC EVO however I have the HTC Desire Froyo 2.2 and its even better, leaving the Iphone at the lights.

:whistle:

Uh, I didn't say a single thing about the phone. I said the app market. The iPhone app market is bigger than the Android one.

http://www.brighthub.com/mobile/google-android/articles/74976.aspx

Size

Apple's iPhone App Store is much larger in size than the Android Market. It houses more than 200,000 applications and games while the Android Market houses slightly more than 50,000. The iPhone App Store is estimated to do more than $1 billion in sales every year while the Android Market does less than $100 million in sales.

Read more: http://www.brighthub.com/mobile/google-android/articles/74976.aspx#ixzz18lQICBWN

I'm not getting into what phone is best or what market is better - I was referring ONLY to the market size. Full stop. :)

Uh, I didn't say a single thing about the phone. I said the app market. The iPhone app market is bigger than the Android one.

http://www.brighthub.com/mobile/google-android/articles/74976.aspx

I'm not getting into what phone is best or what market is better - I was referring ONLY to the market size. Full stop. :)

Something is wrong there. Because at this very moment, there is 135,461 Apps for Android. Probably more at the end of this message ;)

But thats not the question. Well at least you gave us a reason for the delay, and a valid reason. Invision is a PHP company,

But this is the future, entering foruns from our Mobile Phones, don't forget that ;)

Sorry Brandon picked you up wrong mate :thumbsup:

[url="user/126342-revengefnf/"]RevengeFNF[/url]

But this is the future, entering foruns from our Mobile Phones, don't forget that

When that time comes forums will be out dated and replaced by social networking sites, Internet yes Forums No :( and to be honest we have to face that fact, its going that way now. People are now setting up websites and forums for free now on Facebook and others. This is what they call progress yeh really.

Archived