Download: iArcade System 1.0.0 Final

Andy Rixon

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy just a quick one, I am just about to make a decent donation, however when I do can the donate box be removed from the application in the ACP as I noticed the donate button there in your screenshots. It would end up like a nag screen once you have already donated. Never really seen a need for it inside a mod to be honest unless it could be removed when a donation is made.

I wanted to use your iDonate mod a while back but decided against it for that reason, and bought Michaels instead, thats not saying there was any problem with your mods, far from it, I just don,t like nag screens or adverts. :rolleyes:

Just got back from Dinner, and now im eating some Ice Cream while coding. Great night so far, heading back out again in about 20 min, figured I would stop and post some replies though!

Would there be a chance that we could have a facility to clear scores on a monthly basis, just a simple button "Clear Scores" in the ACP would do please. [img]

[/img]

I put this in the bug tracker to remind me that it needs to be done, I actually had planned this in beta 4 but forgot. So I'll try to get it done.

Andy just a quick one, I am just about to make a decent donation, however when I do can the donate box be removed from the application in the ACP as I noticed the donate button there in your screenshots. It would end up like a nag screen once you have already donated. Never really seen a need for it inside a mod to be honest unless it could be removed when a donation is made.

I wanted to use your iDonate mod a while back but decided against it for that reason, and bought Michaels instead, thats not saying there was any problem with your mods, far from it, I just don,t like nag screens or adverts. [img]

[/img]

First of all, thanks a ton for your donation, it helps odds and ends meet, and allows me personally to acolate more time to iArcade, as I treat it as a "paid client" it really does make it a bit more worth it! :P
(I cant speak for Andy's behalf, but right now im using my PP funds for BouncyServers, Last.fm & Screencast Pro)

As for the donate.... I really dont think its a "nag screen" at all. I put the donate icon (Yes, I skinned the ACP, so Im the one who put it there) all the way at the bottom of the page, so its not like its really in your way. I understand that you find it annoying, and if it bothers you that much, just rip it out of the code. Theres nothing stopping you, really. I totally understand your concern, however, and I will talk with andy about possibly moving the donate icon from the ACP to the Installer (although this would most likely reduce donations)*

All mods come with a copyright and whatnot of some sort, so thanks for understanding about that. It doesnt stop people from ripping our work (something ive already been hearing is going on....) but it does allow possible other users to click it and be like "hey! whats this?"

Its not like ive got a donation link in my sig, as a matter of fact, im very opposed to that. I just have one in the mod we wrote.
But yeah. If you make a donation and you dislike having that icon there, I will send you some code to disable it.

Same goes with the callhome update check. it doesnt send your board URL or anything like that, it just loads an iframe hosted on my website. but if anyone doesnt like it, I will provide code to remove it.

*to be clear, 1 donation has been made to date for this project. earlier today, 10 pounds. ;)

Will there be a button to allow playing the game in full screen, some of the games appear in a very small screen and are hard to see, the ability to opt to play in full screen mode would save the time of having to search out and modify each of the games that have very small playing areas

Some SWF/Flash games does come with an option to play in full screen, but some don't and not sure what we can do with the ones that don't, only thing is use the features available for iArcade in settings that allows you to adjust the sizes for each game.

Just got back from Dinner, and now im eating some Ice Cream while coding. Great night so far, heading back out again in about 20 min, figured I would stop and post some replies though!

I put this in the bug tracker to remind me that it needs to be done, I actually had planned this in beta 4 but forgot. So I'll try to get it done.

First of all, thanks a ton for your donation, it helps odds and ends meet, and allows me personally to acolate more time to iArcade, as I treat it as a "paid client" it really does make it a bit more worth it! :P

As for the donate.... I really dont think its a "nag screen" at all. I put the donate icon (Yes, I skinned the ACP, so Im the one who put it there) all the way at the bottom of the page, so its not like its really in your way. I understand that you find it annoying, and if it bothers you that much, just rip it out of the code. Theres nothing stopping you, really. I totally understand your concern, however, and I will talk with andy about possibly moving the donate icon from the ACP to the Installer (although this would most likely reduce donations)*

All mods come with a copyright and whatnot of some sort, so thanks for understanding about that. It doesnt stop people from ripping our work (something ive already been hearing is going on....) but it does allow possible other users to click it and be like "hey! whats this?"

Its not like ive got a donation link in my sig, as a matter of fact, im very opposed to that. I just have one in the mod we wrote.

But yeah. If you make a donation and you dislike having that icon there, I will send you some code to disable it.

Same goes with the callhome update check. it doesnt send your board URL or anything like that, it just loads an iframe hosted on my website. but if anyone doesnt like it, I will provide code to remove it.

*to be clear, 1 donation has been made to date for this project. earlier today, 10 pounds. ;)

I use PP for BouncyServers and to keep some of my other projects alive, and donations are appreciated, big or small, every little helps!

As for moving the donation part, that may be hard moving it to the installer since the installer is built-in to IP.Board and iArcade don't come with an stand alone installer.

The Copyright is there to help promote our hard work, but I would think that a small one off fee for copyright removal but be fine (will have to consult with Collin though lol)

Will there be a button to allow playing the game in full screen, some of the games appear in a very small screen and are hard to see, the ability to opt to play in full screen mode would save the time of having to search out and modify each of the games that have very small playing areas

Some SWF/Flash games does come with an option to play in full screen, but some don't and not sure what we can do with the ones that don't, only thing is use the features available for iArcade in settings that allows you to adjust the sizes for each game.

There is a very obnoxious way to work around a full screen mode: Use a popup that has hardcoded like, 1000x1000 flash game.
My only issue with doing that (I believe this is how ibparcade does their full screen mode) is that sometimes the games look stretched and distorted.

The ipbcoding arcade just does the full screen in the same browser window you were in when you clicked full screen.
I know several of my members use it do to some complaints when it does not work. It usually does not work on games that should not be run in full screen like the tiny pac man which you would technically be cheating in if you ran it full screen. It is supposed to be a challenge to try and play it as it is really tiny.

There are very few games that it would be considered cheating. I can only think of the 1 at the moment and mainly do to it being small or tiny on purpose to make it a challenge to play the game.

I am all for a full screen though as some of my members only play that way do to poor eye sight.

Just a headsup guys, Im going to be doing some work on the update checker script to entirely strip out URL referrers and everything else that could possibly be passed to it, so you might see errors over the next few minutes. No worries. :thumbsup:

See some errors where?

By the way, I don't know if this has been mentioned but some games have scores where the person with the most points is the winner but for some games it's the person with the least points. If this isn't flagged up on game submission it means that the worst score gets number 1 slot in the leaderboard.

You probably know that but I thought I would mention it :D

See some errors where?

By the way, I don't know if this has been mentioned but some games have scores where the person with the most points is the winner but for some games it's the person with the least points. If this isn't flagged up on game submission it means that the worst score gets number 1 slot in the leaderboard.

You probably know that but I thought I would mention it :D

http://dev.geekmanic.com/index.php?/tracker/issue-21-certain-games-display-scores-wrong/

http://dev.geekmanic.com/index.php?/tracker/issue-21-certain-games-display-scores-wrong/

I thought you would already be on it but it's one of those potential banana skins that I've seen other arcade creators slip on ;)

Have you got a site where you have a demo installation yet?

Fatal error: Call to a member function displayBoardOffline() on a non-object in /home/<domain>/dev/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 207

:(

Its a dev board for me and andy, and it is NOT a public demo board.
As I said above, the url was not supposed to have been given out.

The board is now offline.

Archived