Download: iArcade System 1.0.0 Final

Andy Rixon

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you going to open the next beta up to be placed on live boards so it gets the maximum feedback and iron out any bugs it may have, as you may be coming close to a RC, this would help you immensely before you go final, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Nice work so far, :thumbsup: and I am not trying to push you to go faster, as you can see from my avatar and signature that I am used to perfection and I know you don't get it overnight, however you look so close, and little additions can always be added with updates, best to get the testing out of the way.

Keep it up lads your doing so well. :D :D

LOL, thats not in the resource downloads though lol.... anyways, any updates from you Collin for iArcade :P

I only changed like, 3 lines of code. I let you do skinning stuff today. :thumbsup:

The screenshots are looking awesome! much much better looking :) now send me the darn files (w00t)

In due time!

Are you going to open the next beta up to be placed on live boards so it gets the maximum feedback and iron out any bugs it may have, as you may be coming close to a RC, this would help you immensely before you go final, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Time for a little "coding chat" from Collin!
In my world, RC literally stands for Release Candidate. An RC is something I am 100% happy with and ready to call the final product. If all goes well, it gets tested for 2 weeks and then becomes final.
If even 1 line of code is changed in an RC (fix a bug, etc) then another RC is needed.
The last RC should be identical to the final version, just a name change. Just like a presidential candidate. (S)He goes from Senator/Governor to Mr. President. The person is the same. Just a name change.

Also, when RC time comes, I like to stop all new feature addons. Right now, the faucet is still flowing on feature requests, although it is slowing.
That Being said, however: I plan on beta5 being the last test-board-only beta. From that point on, I expect we will allow public boards to test it out. (Edit: It will also be posted public to this topic here. No more signing up to test.) This is subject to change, mind you, however if things progress at the rate they are going, I would expect to see 1 or 2 more betas before an RC (and likewise 2-3 RCs before a final version)

...Does that answer your question? :thumbsup:

Tiny update,

for the last few days I have been skinning the View Scores/Comment template bit, and finally got progress, below is a screenshot of what it looks like now, feedback is of course welcomed in my heart.

post-126615-126575860302_thumb.png

So far, so good. Very awesome work Andy! :thumbsup:

Starting with BETA5, there will be some sexy new ajax stuff going on. From what I have gathered, ajax requests are processed differently in the 3.0.5 vs 3.0.2/3/4 series, and, as such, we will only be supporting 3.0.5 for this next beta. (Because I cant be sure what one it breaks on and cant test them because I dont have the files) If you arent updated, you really should be. So thats that. Starting with the next beta, we will only officially support 3.0.5 :thumbsup:

(possible) BREAKING CHANGE!

Tiny update,

for the last few days I have been skinning the View Scores/Comment template bit, and finally got progress, below is a screenshot of what it looks like now, feedback is of course welcomed in my heart.

post-126615-126575860302_thumb.png

That looks brilliant now :)

The only thing I would say change is that it should be top ten high scores with an option to see the full leaderboard (which could be huge and pushes the comments box down). There are currently 12.

On page loading, does it jump down to the comments box? If so it could perhaps include some temporary details above the comments box "you scored XXX in GAME NAME making you 29th in the leaderboard. That's terrible you must try harder to get the top score".

With the help of peaderfi, it looks like we now have a working ACP game importer.
Some tweaks are needed as we integrate this code, however, this new import tool should greatly reduce the number of issues with importing.

However, this new importer is going to take a day for me and Andy to test, and as such, has moved back our release date of beta5. Stay tuned, we promise it will be worth it!

iArcade System isn't finished yet, as you should be able to tell.

Plus we don't want it to get to bloated with features, and all the features that has been implimented are features that people have suggested!

yeah (MPFF) Arcade System is only in beta stage 2 but still has alot of features but the features he has added dont bloat it what features there are were requested by us the customers

yeah (MPFF) Arcade System is only in beta stage 2 but still has alot of features but the features he has added dont bloat it what features there are were requested by us the customers

hey, dude... do us all a favor.

Im not over at the MPFF website spamming their site for iArcade, so please stop advertising in our topic.

Anyone who has actually read even 1 page of this topic knows that I have personally replied to every single request, suggestion, and feature.
So im glad you want to promote an $80 topic in this thread, but im proving just about the same thing for free.
Money buys you whatever you want, but I dont spam them, so dont spam me! ;)

Archived