Download: iArcade System 1.0.0 Final

Andy Rixon

Just so everbody understands here, columns go up and down.

So saying to put it in "a column" means associating it with a particular score, which, as I said, is not possible/will not be done.

I'm pretty sure we're on different wavelengths here as I didn't mean associating it with a score (although that would be nice). I can't really explain it any better but you could have two separate columns both going down - one showing the top scores for that game and another completely separate column showing the latest comments - or they could be in the sidebar column - but then that wouldn't get rid of all the dead spacing.

I can kind of see what you mean though, if it wasn't done very carefully people may associate a comment with a score. It could get messy.

The best high score page I've ever seen is for V3arcade. Very well organized.
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a pic of what I have been trying to say.

Sorry about the confusion.

What your leaving out though is the game information area in the sidebar as well.
It just gets too cluttered in the end.

In the next beta, comments and scores will have pagination and only show 10 per page. :thumbsup:

What your leaving out though is the game information area in the sidebar as well.

It just gets too cluttered in the end.

In the next beta, comments and scores will have pagination and only show 10 per page. :thumbsup:

I intentionally left those out but not trying to say not to have those. I was trying to quickly show you what I wanted. To make it a little bit cleaner. You can still have pagination in those 2 columns.

It does not make it any messier right now you have them in rows instead of columns so same content just laid out different, cleaner in my opinion.

Ah, yes.

What you are describing is a "Tournament" system - All users can play the same game.

Challenges are user-to-user, tornaments are all-against-all. Challenges are private, Tornaments are side wide and public.

Both are in progress.

So you tournaments are not going to look like this?
This is a pic of one on my site waiting for 3 more players.
post-102170-126558288329_thumb.jpg
Here is what our challenge looks like.
post-102170-126558297552_thumb.jpg
I am the only one who has played it so far.

I intentionally left those out but not trying to say not to have those. I was trying to quickly show you what I wanted. To make it a little bit cleaner. You can still have pagination in those 2 columns.

It does not make it any messier right now you have them in rows instead of columns so same content just laid out different, cleaner in my opinion.

So, if im getting you right, you want something like this?

%7Boption%7D

Ya like that and just have the game info above like you had before. :)

On second thought you could have the game info in the side bar.

Its on the right now, some secret stuff is in the works that will go there. :thumbsup:

Im actually happy with the way that mockup looks, ill ask andy about skinning it!

Looks good, but IMO there shouldn't be so much emphasis on perfecting the comments section. Comments are nice to have, but it shouldn't be more important than making the rest of the Arcade look good and organized. Most people simply just like to go to the Arcade, play and move on to the next game. Some rarely post comments. So I say pay more attention to the way the games are organized, the way the challenges/tourneys are set up, etc. If you can make more room for those things and just a small portion for comments, it would look better IMO.

Looks good, but IMO there shouldn't be so much emphasis on perfecting the comments section. Comments are nice to have, but it shouldn't be more important than making the rest of the Arcade look good and organized. Most people simply just like to go to the Arcade, play and move on to the next game. Some rarely post comments. So I say pay more attention to the way the games are organized, the way the challenges/tourneys are set up, etc. If you can make more room for those things and just a small portion for comments, it would look better IMO.

Although I agree that very few users comment, I also think the blame for that is because of the disgusting look of the current ibparcade commenting system. Its just ugly.
For starters, its sorted by score, so having a "discussion" in a comment area would not be possible.
%7Boption%7D
I hope to change that with the new look.

Tournaments and whatnot will be on a separate page and are not influenced by comments.

[url="http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/300230-download-iarcade-system-beta-3/page__view__findpost__p__1909723"]Beta signups closed 2 days ago[/url], however we expect to have [url="http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/300230-download-iarcade-system-beta-3/page__view__findpost__p__1909796"]another round of beta testing in about a week[/url].

Subscribe to this topic and keep your eyes open for the next signups.

Will those of us that have already signed up for Beta testing, have to sign up again ?

looks nice.

Is there a report game feature?

Im not sure what you mean by that?

The last screencast looks great! It's coming together nicely. Can't wait for the next Beta to actually see it in real time.

Thanks for the feedback!

I should be able to do that.

Is it ok if I allow my staff to play around with the beta?

I mean it will be the test install I have set up for my own testing.

They may also be able to give more feed back.

Not a problem!

Archived