Download: iArcade System 1.0.0 Final

Andy Rixon

Because for example on my board we have several administrators and moderators who do different jobs, you could get it PMd to one of them as you stated but it makes task management very difficult. If it creates a new topic in a designated forum area then any staff member can respond to it and then close the topic as soon as it is resolved. Atleast that is how I use my Report Game feature at the minute.

It is done the same way on my site. We have a reported games forum and I have 2 staff members who watch that section for new topics and take care of the games.
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I apologize if at any time I insinuated starting a fight on here. I was simply trying to point out that many people have given feedback and many people appreciate what you guys have done. :unsure:

That is how I took it, I mean not as a fight but as that other thing you said, which is why I replied with my indeed thing afterword. :)

I have been fairly quiet as most everyone beats me to ideas haha. Anyway I think my ideas will be for farther down the line?

Unless it has already been mentioned,
* Will there be group permission settings? What group can play, who cannot.
* Will there be a setting to require posts for playing. My site is general chat and while many members love the arcade, and are active contributors, some just drop in the arcade and use us for games.

Thanks for all the great work.

I have been fairly quiet as most everyone beats me to ideas haha. Anyway I think my ideas will be for farther down the line?

Unless it has already been mentioned,

* Will there be group permission settings? What group can play, who cannot.

This is already a feature.

* Will there be a setting to require posts for playing. My site is general chat and while many members love the arcade, and are active contributors, some just drop in the arcade and use us for games.

I know this is a feature in ibparcade, but I think you could use group permissions to set something like this up. For the time being, im focused on other features.

Thanks for all the great work.

I don't think it's fair to say "nobody appreciates that more than me". There are a gang of people who appreciate what these guys have started to do (me included) where others have either given up or are taking their own sweet time.

I think this was taken out of context and is obviously a language difference, in how you perceived my comment. I was not saying no one else appreciates their work, it is just an ENGLISH expression. This is why I laugh when Microsoft call it English USA or English UK, there are no such languages, English is English the language came from England. Now I'm Irish and I speak English, but we don't call it Irish English. Just shows how language differences can cause wars.

Rant over :P

I think this was taken out of context and is obviously a language difference, in how you perceived my comment. I was not saying no one else appreciates their work, it is just an ENGLISH expression. This is why I laugh when Microsoft call it English USA or English UK, there are no such languages, English is English the language came from England. Now I'm Irish and I speak English, but we don't call it Irish English. Just shows how language differences can cause wars.

Rant over :P

Indeed I have seen confusion happen when some one from the UK talks to some one from the USA. I had that happen to me specially on my own forum where about half my members are from the uk.
But even in the US we have different types on English, Southern English, Northern English and NJ English.

I giggled at the NJ English bit. However, you did forget about NY English.

Much like a few other people, I too have been keeping quiet as the features I was looking for have been suggested and implemented, or are going to be implemented.

I'll continue to watch this topic, however, and give any input I may have.

Good job...both of you. I'm looking forward to this very much, and so are the members of my community.

Some more suggestions...

Receive a private message notification when your high score is beaten.
Receive a private message notification when challenged (and also for tournaments should they be added)

People should keep returning to the arcade then rather than having to check the high-scores pages.

Perhaps a 'Watch Arcade' button so that people are notified when new games are added?

:)

Some more suggestions...

Receive a private message notification when challenged (and also for tournaments should they be added)

People should keep returning to the arcade then rather than having to check the high-scores pages.

Perhaps a 'Watch Arcade' button so that people are notified when new games are added?

Like them all - anything to encourage people to perhaps return to your site to play some more.

Perhaps also a location to add advertising - say google ads.

Some more suggestions...

i like all of those suggestions.

Some more suggestions...

I like these ideas, we'll see what Collin thinks of these :D

Like them all - anything to encourage people to perhaps return to your site to play some more.

Ain't to sure about advertisment in the arcade though, as I have noticed having adds on a page will cause slight slower page load times, and with the system loading things from a database table and an swf file it could cause slow loading times. But again, we@ll see what Collin thinks.

looks good this but i still prefer the (MPFF) Arcade System 1.0.0 has alot more features and looks sleeker

iArcade System isn't finished yet, as you should be able to tell.
Plus we don't want it to get to bloated with features, and all the features that has been implimented are features that people have suggested!

looks good this but i still prefer the (MPFF) Arcade System 1.0.0 has alot more features and looks sleeker

You can always suggest features as the iarcade is still being worked on and looks at all feature requests.
I have not tried the mpff arcade as I hear it costs and is a rip off. I have not even seen it in action though.

The challenges feature will include notifications.

I will consider this.

Seems like another useless feature, admin can simply announce it.

IPB 3.1 will have an advertisement manager built in. We will integrate into this in the future.

I like how you only have 1 post on the IPS forums. :whistle:

Tiny update,

for the last few days I have been skinning the View Scores/Comment template bit, and finally got progress, below is a screenshot of what it looks like now, feedback is of course welcomed in my heart.

post-126615-126575860302_thumb.png

That is abstractly what I was picturing in my head.

Archived