lunchbox67

[quote name='lunchbox67' date='20 August 2009 - 05:29 PM' timestamp='1250782150' post='1846821']
I have read that some of the issues I have on my 3.0.2 board will be fixed in 3.0.3
Any hint as to when 3.0.3 will be released?
Or is there a way to have the individual issues fixed?

You can see the bugs that will be fixed in v3.0.3 in Tracker, select IP Board 3.0 and there you can select diferent searches...

[quote name='pisaldi' date='20 August 2009 - 08:39 AM' timestamp='1250782762' post='1846828']
You can see the bugs that will be fixed in v3.0.3 in Tracker, select IP Board 3.0 and there you can select diferent searches...

Yes, I was just wondering if they have a rough idea when 3.0.3 will be out
Or if individual items that they have fixed can be fixed in 3.0.2

Everytime we start working towards the next version a topic like this pops up. As usual, it will be released when it's ready to be released. We cannot tell you when that will be, because we simply don't know at this point. Whenever we give estimates, if we don't meet those estimates we're met with a lot of feedback, so it's easier to just say, it's coming and will be available when it's done.

[quote name='bfarber' date='20 August 2009 - 10:49 AM' timestamp='1250790552' post='1846895']
Everytime we start working towards the next version a topic like this pops up. As usual, it will be released when it's ready to be released. We cannot tell you when that will be, because we simply don't know at this point. Whenever we give estimates, if we don't meet those estimates we're met with a lot of feedback, so it's easier to just say, it's coming and will be available when it's done.

I hear you and understand. I find it funny when people don't ... they must not work.

But how about the issues that are shown as fixed? Can we open a ticket to ask to have a know issue that has been fixed (in 3.0.3) updated on our boards?

I'm afraid we don't have the resources to do that sort of thing. When a fix is simple we sometimes post a patch. When it's not so simple, it would be an extreme waste of our time to try to post instructions for every patch and then have our support department have access to every patch. Further to that, the patches have not yet undergone QA testing, so it's possible they could break other things.

While I'm sure when you are affected by an issue you want it fixed as soon as possible, we have to stick to some sort of organization that will benefit all of our customers in the most efficient manner. Fixing reported issues and then releasing an update to address those issues is pretty much the norm in this industry.

[quote name='bfarber' date='20 August 2009 - 03:01 PM' timestamp='1250805696' post='1847043']
I'm afraid we don't have the resources to do that sort of thing. When a fix is simple we sometimes post a patch. When it's not so simple, it would be an extreme waste of our time to try to post instructions for every patch and then have our support department have access to every patch. Further to that, the patches have not yet undergone QA testing, so it's possible they could break other things.

While I'm sure when you are affected by an issue you want it fixed as soon as possible, we have to stick to some sort of organization that will benefit all of our customers in the most efficient manner. Fixing reported issues and then releasing an update to address those issues is pretty much the norm in this industry.

Understood, just wanted to ask

[quote name='Colonel Wolfie' date='22 August 2009 - 06:28 PM' timestamp='1250962129' post='1847718']
And what about the Clean Cut skin?

I am using it here, and much prefer it - hopefully it will be released quickly. (not necessarily 3.0.3, which will be when it is ready, but the skin)

[quote name='TurXaliM' date='23 August 2009 - 07:20 AM' timestamp='1251026433' post='1847941']
We will have it with 3.0.3
I'm waiting it also :D

We have never promised it with 3.0.3 so please be careful spreading assumptions or starting rumors. I HAVE said I/we would LIKE it to be available with 3.0.3, but that is certainly not a promise.

And this is exactly why they generally don't. If something happens that keeps it from happening, people say "But you promised it in this thread right here. See that thread, they said it was going to happen, but it did not! OMG IPS IS HORRIBLE! I can't do my new site and the world is ending... oh what a world, what a world!"

OK... so I'm being a bit sarcastic there, lol. However when something happens that keeps a date from being released, people tend to freak out. As someone who deals with managing user exceptions at work, I know exactly where they're coming from with being reluctant to give any kind of dates.

Archived