Where to get the key for the spam monitoring service?

Michael

The announcement mentioned this:

I don't see where in my Client Center this is located, is it just not ready yet?

The Spam Monitoring Service will be available in IP.Board 3.0.2 and is already being tested here on the IPS company forums. Once you have IP.Board 3.0.2, simply login to the IPS client area and activate a special key used for the service and put that key on your IP.Board AdminCP.

I don't know if this is related, or I've gone blind!

I now have my Spam Monitoring key, but the place where you can change the registered board URL seems to have been (re?)-moved. :blink:

I thought it was on the same page where the Spam Key info is now located?

[quote name='RainbowViper' date='06 August 2009 - 12:09 PM' timestamp='1249574981' post='1839214']
I don't know if this is related, or I've gone blind!

I now have my Spam Monitoring key, but the place where you can change the registered board URL seems to have been (re?)-moved. :blink:

I thought it was on the same page where the Spam Key info is now located?

I've noticed this too.

Where is the option to change the boards URL?

[quote name='Μark' date='06 August 2009 - 11:55 AM' timestamp='1249584938' post='1839386']
If you need to change your license URL you'll have to contact account assistance.

Really, you should never need to change it.

Change of directory, using a subdomain now, a new board name, new site.... lots of reasons to possibly change it. :whistle:

[quote name='Μark' date='06 August 2009 - 01:55 PM' timestamp='1249584938' post='1839386']
If you need to change your license URL you'll have to contact account assistance.

Really, you should never need to change it.

Thank you, Mark.

As to your last sentence.... Be careful when you say "never". ;)

I needed to change mine recently due to a new business venture, and Domain, that emerged after I signed up (with an older and now-less-used Domain).

[quote name='RainbowViper' date='06 August 2009 - 03:30 PM' timestamp='1249587026' post='1839420']
As to your last sentence.... Be careful when you say "never". ;)

I needed to change mine recently due to a new business venture, and Domain, that emerged after I signed up (with an older and now-less-used Domain).

Exactly. I am going to change mine shortly because I moved my site to a new one.

Yes, sorry, my point was it was something most people will never need to do, and if you ever do need to, it would only ever be once or twice.

If the option to do it was public, then it could possibly be abused by people trying to have multiple boards on one license or what have you.
It takes only a few clicks for someone to do it through a ticket, and allows us to make sure people are getting rid of the old installation before it's changed to the new location.

Guess that answers my ticket where I'm mentioning that I cannot find it.

Ticket #592743, where I can see it on one package but not another.

:lol:

I still think it should be there, but perhaps with a history of previously used URL's and when it was changed. That way if someone is changing it frequently, it can be reviewed to make sure they're not running it on more than one location.

[quote name='Collin1000' date='06 August 2009 - 03:02 PM' timestamp='1249585340' post='1839389']
Change of directory, using a subdomain now, a new board name, new site.... lots of reasons to possibly change it. :whistle:

Or swapping licenses between two or more different installs.

I don't like the idea not to change the URL myself, exspecially because i move URL often because of converting (just right now, should be finished soon :) ). But my luck: most of the testing is done so ATM i should be fine.

I respect piracy and take it serious myself - perhaps there is a better way...sometimes. (so i always runned the number of licenses i bought - even if it was for non-public testing. as stated above, i take it serious)

I am unable to finde my license key. What shoul i put in the license-area in my ACP?
I added the spammonitoring-key succesfull, but IPB Registered License Key is empty

[quote name='TheSonic' date='07 August 2009 - 06:44 AM' timestamp='1249641869' post='1839806']
I am unable to finde my license key. What shoul i put in the license-area in my ACP?
I added the spammonitoring-key succesfull, but IPB Registered License Key is empty

That's not important that it get filled out, it's not used for anything.

Ok, but it says:

DO NOT REMOVE OR EDIT THIS KEY UNLESS YOU'RE SURE OF WHAT YOU'RE DOING!

...that sounds dangerous. And:

To get your key, log into your client center and click on'Invision Power Board' under 'Your Purchases'.

...but it's not there.

So i would suggest to
1. remove this from the ACP in IPB if it's not important or unused
or
2. tell users where they get the key

It may be a little bit confusing for new users :)

Archived