Members is not validating their account!

Strike X

I think Strike X is suggesting something to make it more clear for new members to check their emails.

Having said that, its easy enough to simply add something into the skin to display a nice message only to the validating group. I wrote a quick article to do this for 2.2 and 2.3.x, its on the Resource site...

:)

[quote name='ΑndyF' date='14 June 2009 - 12:42 PM' timestamp='1244979725' post='1809905']
I think Strike X is suggesting something to make it more clear for new members to check their emails.

Having said that, its easy enough to simply add something into the skin to display a nice message only to the validating group. I wrote a quick article to do this for 2.2 and 2.3.x, its on the Resource site...

:)

That is correct...there is nothing wrong with my mail server.

I will have a look at your article now :thumbsup:

I've seen this extensively through the sites I manage regardless of the software package used. I think the biggest problem is that the confirmation emails go into users spam folders in their email account. When you are making that mod, be sure to add in gigantic font "CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDERS FOR THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL!!!! :)

I think we all get these. Every day I get people signing up new accounts and they never validate them. I get up to 10 bounced emails every day where the email address that they have used is bogus.

When I'm on line I delete all accounts that haven't been validated within 3 hours. In my opinion if someone wants to join your site then they sign up and validate within minutes. I receive very few complaints by doing this and it helps to reduce spam.

I regularly clean out the validating table in the database as this fills up with useless data which is of no use once a validating member has been deleted.

3DKiwi

[quote name='Strike X' date='14 June 2009 - 10:30 AM' timestamp='1245000603' post='1809990']
I just finished writing a hook... what do you think?

validate.jpg

Nice and clear, no way the new user can miss that.

Looks great, now where do we get it? :thumbsup: I don't think you need to say "Check your email...." twice?

[quote name='Strike X' date='16 June 2009 - 09:11 AM' timestamp='1245107513' post='1810443']
I have made some improvement :)

register2.jpg

TCWT: Yes it will be.

Is there a need to have the register button and sign on section in the visitor/validating bar? If your doing that, you should remove the options from the top right...

Archived