IP.Board 3.0.0 RC 2

HaZuuKaa

[quote name='chasz' date='27 May 2009 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1243461504' post='1805707']
wait till u try skinning LOL

As far as I know, bugs in the skinning process do not usually prevent the normal operation of a community. ;)

[quote name='chasz' date='27 May 2009 - 01:58 PM' timestamp='1243461504' post='1805707']
wait till u try skinning LOL

Good thing for me I just started learning (like 3 days ago :lol:) php & mysql, the design will come after that, so in reality by the time I'm ready to skin we will have IPB 10.0.0RC1 maybe :P

[quote name='Shahid-Hussain' date='27 May 2009 - 11:30 PM' timestamp='1243463412' post='1805716']
IPB2 feel like Windows XP - very stable

IPB3 feel like Vista with a lot of bugs.

IPB 3.1 feel like Windows 7 - very stable(you never know....)

:P

Funny idea, but really thats quite inacurate :P

well the good thing about web scripts is that there is no need for recompiling....so there should nt be delays if a batch of fixes can make a product better.

updating scripts is overriding old files..

RC2 please LOL

Please read the announcements in full. We publicly stated there *would* be bugs in the RC releases and you should only upgrade if you felt you could handle the bugs until they were fixed (by/in the final release). We release betas (and release candidates) for a reason. It's to find and fix issues that we did not come across ourselves. With so many people using the software in so many different configurations there are always bound to be issues we simply didn't encounter, and that's why pre-final releases are done.

Long story short, we're not going to rush RC2 because RC1 has some bugs. Nor will we rush final because RC2 WILL HAVE BUGS. We're going to continue working to make the software as stable as possible so that the final release is as bug free as we can get it.

RC and BETA's are sorta like Twinkies, We know we shouldn't eat them, but we do then get fat and think, well it was a short enjoyment and now I need to work my butt of to loose weight. Maybe a bad example, but either way we laugh we cry we smash keyboards (or at least I do) and it just brings us closer as a community don't you think? Ahh a tear to my eye.

Either way I love IPB, I could never go back to PHPBB *shudders* New Fanboy here for sure :D

Speaking of bugs, has anyone noticed the pip images are missing on this board?

[quote name='bfarber' date='27 May 2009 - 02:57 PM' timestamp='1243432671' post='1805573']
We have an internal date we are targetting for RC2, but we're not going to announce it at this time. Suffice it to say, that date is not "1-2 months" away. But we'll see how things go in the tracker before making a final decision.

Why do these topics always come up right after a release? :rolleyes:

So it's more like 3-4 months away?

just kidding

I think you guys misunderstood the skinning competition.

The winning skin from the skin competition is not likely to be included with 3.0.0 final. It will most likely not be included with IPB until 3.0.1 or later.

We are not basing the release of IP.Board 3.0 on the results of the skin competition. :)

[quote name='bfarber' date='28 May 2009 - 06:20 PM' timestamp='1243531256' post='1805911']

The winning skin from the skin competition is not likely to be included with 3.0.0 final. It will most likely not be included with IPB until 3.0.1 or later.

We are not basing the release of IP.Board 3.0 on the results of the skin competition. :)

I just re-read the Skinning competition thread, It says that the winning skin will sit along side the IPB3 download in the client area. I could have sworn I read at one point it was going to be shipped with IPB3 as a secondary skin? :blink:

[quote name='Tom Christian' date='28 May 2009 - 12:31 PM' timestamp='1243531868' post='1805915']
I just re-read the Skinning competition thread, It says that the winning skin will sit along side the IPB3 download in the client area. I could have sworn I read at one point it was going to be shipped with IPB3 as a secondary skin? :blink:

I did toO!

[quote name='bfarber' date='28 May 2009 - 06:20 PM' timestamp='1243531256' post='1805911']

Thanks for clearing that up bfarber! :)

[quote name='bfarber' date='28 May 2009 - 08:07 PM' timestamp='1243537627' post='1805948']
I'm not positive. All I know is that we are fully aware it's not likely to be included with 3.0.0 due to time constraints.

Thats understandable. I never thought at one moment that IPS were basing any releases on the skin competition.

Hopefully Rikki or someone can give us a bit more information on whats actually going to happen with the skin after the 15th / Judging period. :)

[quote name='Tom Christian' date='28 May 2009 - 06:31 PM' timestamp='1243531868' post='1805915']

caughtya !! LOL

release RC2 for the wekend and all is forgiven ;)

plus remove javascript parsing for bbcodes LOL

Archived