IP.Board 3.0.0 RC 2

HaZuuKaa

I thought it was going to be soon, because they have RC2 on their boards.

Also, why is the stupid twitter button on it's own line in the Reply WYSIWYG editor? It is wasting valuable space. Move it next to the Insert Media button!

Any truly custom bbcodes that you have defined an image for can be automatically show on the editor with a button (this is new in 3.x) but as you could potentially have dozens, they show on their own line. We happen to only have 1 (for testing) but you could have several more. You could of course edit the skin to change this.

I probably check the client download area more than I should, hoping that it will be available there and no one over here had noticed yet. Yes, I am a release client stalker- I admit it. I watch the bug tracker, and read all the threads hoping for a glimmer of hope....
Its almost like Christmas anticipation! Gosh I sound like a dweeb....

[quote name='diannabanana' date='10 June 2009 - 07:24 PM' timestamp='1244658252' post='1808852']
I probably check the client download area more than I should, hoping that it will be available there and no one over here had noticed yet. Yes, I am a release client stalker- I admit it. I watch the bug tracker, and read all the threads hoping for a glimmer of hope....
Its almost like Christmas anticipation! Gosh I sound like a dweeb....

Pro tip: RSS ;)

Why are you guys rushing it? Sure I would like to see it, (hopefully before my license expires) but it doesn't make any difference. They will either release it early, with less fixes, or release it later with less bugs.

Just wait patiently. Use RC1 on your boards if you have to, plus this gives you a chance to get IPB3 skinned for your forum.

• Management

We're not rushing anything.

Although we are labeling the last 3.0.0 release as 'final' it would be short sighted to expect it to be 'final' as in 'the definitive most perfect edition'. As with any software there are always going to be bugs and brand new major releases are rich pickings. We could either dawdle around with RCs for the next month chipping away at the dribs and drabs reported or just release it and open the flood gates. We'd never release software that was obviously and seriously flawed but a few minor issues in hand isn't going to do any harm. What ever happens, we're going to get hit hard when we release it as 'final' because it'll be used more.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived