IP.Board 3.0.0 RC 2

HaZuuKaa

haha :D Few days for IPS = are 1-2 months
Well, i can see the Tracker issues in IpBoard 3 are almost finished.. a few "days" now and we get IP.Board 3 final ! ^^

Why should they release RC2?? Isn't the next Final version!!??
After RC2, we get RC3 and RC4 and so on...thats kinda waist of time??

[quote name='chasz' date='27 May 2009 - 05:11 AM' timestamp='1243415494' post='1805521']
they are supposed to run a security audit ??

they should release RC2 and let the community bug hunt for them like M$ always do LOL....

THEN they must do a professional audit for the Final

What are you talking about? :blink:

[quote name='dtommy1979' date='27 May 2009 - 01:56 PM' timestamp='1243425406' post='1805537']
It seems RC1 has more bugs than Beta5, so I wouldn't expect RC2 within 2 weeks. I don't know how this delay and issues will affect the skin contest, though.

RC1 has more bugs because more people are testing it. Beta was encoded and no upgrade script was available, now people start to look into the code, write mods, trying to import/export things, upgrade Live boards and so on.

I hope they will release a RC2, so we can test further and help making the Final as good as possible.

@aurorawx: perhabs he speaks about Vista ;)

[quote name='dtommy1979' date='27 May 2009 - 12:56 PM' timestamp='1243425406' post='1805537']
It seems RC1 has more bugs than Beta5, so I wouldn't expect RC2 within 2 weeks. I don't know how this delay and issues will affect the skin contest, though.

It *appears* to have more bugs because of how the RC is reaching a wider audience. Those bugs have probably been in there since beta, but because not everyone is comfortable with beta releases, not everyone finds and tests them. A hell of a lot more people will use the RC over the Betas, so more bugs are found as more users use it :)

[quote name='Alεx' date='27 May 2009 - 01:43 PM' timestamp='1243428187' post='1805548']
It *appears* to have more bugs because of how the RC is reaching a wider audience. Those bugs have probably been in there since beta, but because not everyone is comfortable with beta releases, not everyone finds and tests them. A hell of a lot more people will use the RC over the Betas, so more bugs are found as more users use it :)

And no more ioncube. Yeah, true.

RC 2 is going on my live forum for sure - just couldnt take the risk with RC1 with it being the first release they suggested to use on live forums (especially with all those different configurations out there etc)

We have an internal date we are targetting for RC2, but we're not going to announce it at this time. Suffice it to say, that date is not "1-2 months" away. But we'll see how things go in the tracker before making a final decision.

Why do these topics always come up right after a release? :rolleyes:

[quote name='bfarber' date='27 May 2009 - 08:57 AM' timestamp='1243432671' post='1805573']

In this case I am pretty sure it's because RC1 has too many known bugs that have been fixed in RC2.

[quote name='bfarber' date='27 May 2009 - 02:57 PM' timestamp='1243432671' post='1805573']
We have an internal date we are targetting for RC2, but we're not going to announce it at this time. Suffice it to say, that date is not "1-2 months" away. But we'll see how things go in the tracker before making a final decision.

"Why do these topics always come up right after a release? :rolleyes:"

Someone can use brain more than 15% ;)

[quote name='Axel Wers' date='27 May 2009 - 06:58 PM' timestamp='1243447121' post='1805629']
I don't like topics like this. What is reason that software was released as soon as possible?

people were eager for unencoded v3 but the tracker seemed to have corrected 60% of the big ones, so RC2 is needed to tie us over for final

And once we release RC2 you guys will find previously unseen bugs in RC2 and will want final. And we'll release that and you'll find bugs and 3.0.1 will be around the corner.

The software, at present, is pre-final software. That means it has bugs, we realize this. The final release will also contain bugs, which will be fixed in 3.0.1. And 3.0.1 issues will be fixed in 3.0.2. This is never going to change, it's how all software works, so there's never any point in rushing or pushing for the next release. It will be out once we feel we've addressed all the issues we need to and we feel the new version is stable enough for use.

[quote name='chasz' date='27 May 2009 - 09:22 PM' timestamp='1243452131' post='1805648']
people were eager for unencoded v3 but the tracker seemed to have corrected 60% of the big ones, so RC2 is needed to tie us over for final

Yes, RC2 will be released when all know bugs in RC1 will be fixed. As Brandon said there will be another bugs which will be fixed in ?RC3?
It's not important how fast will be RC2 released but how many bugs will be fixed. More = better.

[quote name='Lee Craven' date='27 May 2009 - 09:20 PM' timestamp='1243455630' post='1805667']
You guys gave us RC1 - I'm happy so far, I don't believe any bugs really prevent my forums from being active?!? Not that I notice anyhow. Keep up the good work!

wait till u try skinning LOL

Archived