This IPB3 skin is not good

awaisuk

@3DKiwi
Yes, there is a link for it there at the top of the search results, that same link is also there on the IPB Classic Blue skin on the search results page. But both of those skins also have that link on the board index in the same place others have said: right above the Board Statistics section near the bottom of the page.

[quote name='Axel Wers' date='11 May 2009 - 02:15 AM' timestamp='1242029753' post='1800891']
Does it mean that current 2.3.x skins won't be included and/or supported?

Due to the way the new skinning engine is, and all the changes, no 2.3.x or earlier skins will be compatible with 3.

[quote name='3DKiwi' date='10 May 2009 - 05:06 AM' timestamp='1241946412' post='1800738']
1. You have to scroll to the bottom of the page to mark forums read.

2. Can't find "My Assistant". Do we still have it?

3. Everything seems to take up more room.

4. No "My Albums" link anymore

Has already been pointed out but...

1) It was always at the bottom of the page, however it was only previously at the bottom of the board index page. Now it is at the bottom of every page (which I find more convenient personally). What YOU are referring to was the link was duplicated on the view new content page (view new posts) at the top of the screen there. We have not put the link at the top of that page, because it is already at the bottom of EVERY page. Seems redundant to have the same link twice on the search results page (though, naturally, it would be easy for a skinner to add it back in if they disagreed).

2) There is no my assistant feature anymore. Quite frankly, the feature was relatively useless for the majority of users.

3) Things have been made slightly bigger to make them easier to read. There are a lot of people with less than perfect eyesight using the internet these days. I, too, prefer smaller sizes - but then again I'm 20-something and my eyesight is perfect. Easy enough to change this in your CSS.

4) Click your name at the top right, and it's in the list there.

[quote name='3DKiwi' date='10 May 2009 - 11:56 PM' timestamp='1242014217' post='1800880']
I also mentioned the lack of the My Gallery link. I've just tried uploading an image to my gallery here. It now takes an extra step to post an image. Previously the most common way would be to:

1. Click on "My Album"
2. Click on your member name on the last submitted image
3. That takes you to your gallery and you have the upload new content buttons.

But now in V3:

1. Select My Profile from the drop down at the top right hand side
2. Click on the Gallery tab
3. Click on an image or on the image title
4. Move up in the navigation link one place by clicking on your name e.g. select 3DKiwi from Invision Power Services>Gallery>Member's Gallery>3DKiwi>Photo Title
5. Finally you get to the same place as step 3 above.

If someone knows a quicker way then I'd be very pleased to hear it. The method I just described in V3 will be beyond many people to figure out.

Nigel / 3DKiwi

1) Click your name at the top right, and choose My Gallery (instead of My Profile).
2) Click one of your albums
3) Click "New Image"

It's the same as 2.3, with the exception that you have to click your name at the top right first.

[quote name='3DKiwi' date='11 May 2009 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1242099976' post='1801036']
Yes I have a gallery. It is here:

http://forums.invisi...album&album=444

Nigel / 3DKiwi

How old is the album? Is it possible that you created it during a previous beta version of the software, so your account was never flagged as having an album? Try creating a new album (and then delete it if you don't need it) to see if that resets your account.

[quote name='Matt' date='12 May 2009 - 07:40 AM' timestamp='1242128450' post='1801072']

Hey! I worked really really hard on that!!

Does it change my statement however? :P If I spent 6 years writing a calculator application for IPB, it would still be useless *for most members* nevertheless.

Just my .02 :whistle:

Thanks Brandon. I created a new album and I now get the link in the drop down menu. I can't however delete either the new album or the old album and receive and error message:

[#1071] Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

Ok, now that I have that link I can get to my albums much like I could before to upload images so this issue can be crossed of my gripe list.

Regards
Nigel

[quote name='Matt' date='12 May 2009 - 02:50 PM' timestamp='1242154247' post='1801147']
Meanies!

It used Ajax. And Ajax was cool. We were the first to use it on a bulletin board and that was the best I could do. :(

I was going to compliment it when my computer crashed mid-post (stupid HD failure).

I was going to say it was an an Awesome useless thing! I liked my PMs showing up in it. <_< It did it's purpose for me. ;) So job well done Matt.

But must say the new version is better. :)

[quote name='bfarber' date='12 May 2009 - 03:11 PM' timestamp='1242133861' post='1801087']
Does it change my statement however? :P If I spent 6 years writing a calculator application for IPB, it would still be useless *for most members* nevertheless.

disagree!! i´m sure most members would like it, don´t they...

damned, i want that IPB calculator!!

;)

I have to agree I love this skin too, it's fast, clean and well laid out, maybe a few more color choices that could be added to just use this skin along with color (Still can't get used to spelling COLOUR the yank way, guess I would look retarded requesting CHEQUES for payment also right? Checks? Thats like a CHECK LIST not a darn form of payment :P - well I live here now so I better try adjust) changes. I look forward to the new designs though.

Are you guys going to have a page with all the skins in a contest on them so we can view them in like a "Working theme preview" type of way? That would be cool followed by a rating system (1 rating per member).

[quote name='3DKiwi' date='12 May 2009 - 10:30 PM' timestamp='1242181826' post='1801209']
Thanks Brandon. I created a new album and I now get the link in the drop down menu. I can't however delete either the new album or the old album and receive and error message:

[#1071] Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

Ok, now that I have that link I can get to my albums much like I could before to upload images so this issue can be crossed of my gripe list.

Regards
Nigel

Ah, yes, I think we haven't given members permission to delete their albums here.

Archived