2.2.0 RC4 Installed on Here

Guest Brandon C

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt RC4 will be released to public, I'm guessing its an internal build that was developed after the completion of the security audit, and now the IPS team is acting on the report of the audit and also double checking the whole program *just a guess*.

I say this because in programming the Term Release Candidate should only be used 3 Times up till the Final. There is no such thing as RC4 or beyond... so as i said I'm guessing this is just a last sweep for bugs before final release.

So I think we can expect 2.2 out any day now hopefully.

• Management

That's pretty accurate. We have had the results from the audit which has now been completed and we're roadtesting the latest bug fixes. We're not going to release the first officially supported version of IPB 2.2.0 on a Friday, so don't expect it this week. :)

I had a feeling it was getting close as i said i saw RC4 and thought .... theres no such thing as RC4 lol least not in public builds anyway. Well not under normal circumstances but that is just a general software development rule of thumb as you guys would know.

But sounding close :) good good, am I correct with 2.2 we are getting the newest Gallery release, Download Manager release and IPB release all in one go? I believe there was a mention of a simultanious release.

I moved the forums and imported into a clean install (had 3+yrs of things piled up) using the latest build - hence the formerly broken emoticons.

Hey Lindy, I'm using the same method to do every (big) upgrade. Prepare everyting, and importing the important tables into the clean install. Can you tell me how you have done this? It takes me a lot of time and i'd like to hear from a pro ;)

Thank you!

Jorim

I had a feeling it was getting close as i said i saw RC4 and thought .... theres no such thing as RC4 lol least not in public builds anyway.

I'm not sure where you've got that idea from. Surely, for any development company, the number of RC releases is only limited by the amount that are required, rather than some number picked out of nowhere...

Hey Lindy, I'm using the same method to do every (big) upgrade. Prepare everyting, and importing the important tables into the clean install. Can you tell me how you have done this? It takes me a lot of time and i'd like to hear from a pro ;)

Thank you!

Jorim

Yes, I am looking for a method to do that same thing.

I doubt RC4 will be released to public, I'm guessing its an internal build that was developed after the completion of the security audit, and now the IPS team is acting on the report of the audit and also double checking the whole program *just a guess*.

I say this because in programming the Term Release Candidate should only be used 3 Times up till the Final. There is no such thing as RC4 or beyond... so as i said I'm guessing this is just a last sweep for bugs before final release.

So I think we can expect 2.2 out any day now hopefully.

I know of several programs that have had a RC5 and higher.

That's pretty accurate. We have had the results from the audit which has now been completed and we're roadtesting the latest bug fixes. We're not going to release the first officially supported version of IPB 2.2.0 on a Friday, so don't expect it this week. :)

Guys listen to what he said lol, not this week, he said not friday, and on the weekend he hibronates....

So ya :P

I hope it is soon

I swear you people get everyones hopes up and IPB Crushes them. I wish people would stop Jumping the gun unless you want IPB turn out like vB Releasing Bugfixes every day just about. Give it bloody time Sheesh

vb is now on 3.6.4 and the released it what last month? I wish you people would grow up and let IPB do their work so we have a stable system and not have to worry about bugs for a VERY long time

I swear you people get everyones hopes up and IPB Crushes them. I wish people would stop Jumping the gun unless you want IPB turn out like vB Releasing Bugfixes every day just about. Give it bloody time Sheesh

vb is now on 3.6.4 and the released it what last month? I wish you people would grow up and let IPB do their work so we have a stable system and not have to worry about bugs for a VERY long time

vB 3.6.x was first released in August.

Yes, I am looking for a method to do that same thing.

I just create a new director called something like forums_new. Install everything in the new directory and test there. When I know its good I change the directory paths back to \forums instead of \forums_old then rename forums to forums_old and forums_new becomes just \forums

This will not really speed anything up though. It just makes for a cleaner more secure install. Also the above method may generate some minor errors is the version modifies any tables, but you can avoid this by setting up new tables and importing or just ignoring them for the short time it takes to install.

It will be released when it's ready ;) . I don't think you can fit a release on any other time frame. Of course there is an "We would like to do this" type of thing, and an average based on what has happened, but ultimately it's ready when it's ready :) .

EDIT: Nice "Use Full Editor" button :D!

Archived