2.2.0 RC4 Installed on Here

Guest Brandon C

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You run Novell on a webserver? I put it on a few old laptops for people when we sell them but never tried it on a webserver. Just seems like a lot of overhead.

You do not have to run every thing it comes with and its pretty stable.
Besides its free and is just below ubuntu on distrowatch.com.

screw it. im gonna go ahead and install rc3. almost all the mods i use have been upgraded to 2.2 so it should be cool.
if scifi.com uses it, it cant be that bad.

its gonna suck if rc4 is released soon like tomorrow cuzz then i'll have to do this all over again, but waiting sucks :P

Please don't ban me :)

Matthew Mecham ( Personal Blog )

Invision Power Services, Inc. - C.S.A.

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by."

It's funny to read a signature line like this from IPS staff posting in a thread as their loyal customers chop at the bit for a piece of info on the companies latest release :)

No disrespect, really, just funny to watch.

Carry on.

BTW, I'm really excited about 2.2.. ! This is going to bring the software up and over the rest. Good job!

screw it. im gonna go ahead and install rc3. almost all the mods i use have been upgraded to 2.2 so it should be cool.

if scifi.com uses it, it cant be that bad.

its gonna suck if rc4 is released soon like tomorrow cuzz then i'll have to do this all over again, but waiting sucks :P

I take it you do not use the gallery or blogs...seeing as those are in the beginning stages, would you not wan to wait until all three products are stable?

I take it you do not use the gallery or blogs...seeing as those are in the beginning stages, would you not wan to wait until all three products are stable?

I have had 2.2 running since the RC2 with the gallery and blogs. Usually 150-200 people on the board and have not had any problems. This included importing over 800k posts. Installer needed some tweeks but it always seems to. With that I would wait for a gold version and not mess with RCs. I was forced to when a database corrupted itself and 2.1.7 would not work correctly. For faecess and giggles I tried 2.2RC2 as I had everything backed up anyways. RC2 installed and say several problems with the tables post install. It was able to fix those on its own.

Guessing by the fact RC3 for Gallery and Blog have been released and RC2 for downloads.

We will have to wait for RC3 for Downloads, and then whatever final testing on the Gallery, Blog and Download scripts together with the forums.

Once thats all done I'm sure we'll see the final release because I've been told several times they are all being released simultaniously in one big release.

Oh and BTW to whoever said they've seen programs go higher then RC3. before well thats because as i said they didnt get it right on RC3 and were forced to go over it. But ideally in programming you should only have to go thru RC3, now dont tell me iv picked random numbers if ur not a programmer ur obviously not gonna understand :P so meh. Its just a guide software engineers follow it isnt a MUST to follow.

So still be a week or two at least I imagine.

Archived