New Fast Reply

Guest Keven Fox

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Management

You can change the size of the editor in the skin_topics template. We can't cater for everyone's needs which is why we made sure you, as the board admin, can change this to suit your way of working.

One more thing - pressing the bold, italic etc. buttons in the standard editor makes the tags come out highlighted. If you start typing, you'll erase them. The only option is to deselect them with the caret somehow and move back, or click your mouse in between the opening and closing tags. I'm assuming this is a semi-bug, semi-change, because I remember from before that the caret was placed in between the tags once they were introduced to the textarea (i.e. [ b ]--> here <--[ /b ]) in previous versions of the 2.2 editor, which is much more convenient.

The "add selected text as quote" button isnt there anymore....................... :(

Yeah! :angry:

One more thing - pressing the bold, italic etc. buttons in the standard editor makes the tags come out highlighted. If you start typing, you'll erase them. The only option is to deselect them with the caret somehow and move back, or click your mouse in between the opening and closing tags. I'm assuming this is a semi-bug, semi-change, because I remember from before that the caret was placed in between the tags once they were introduced to the textarea (i.e. [ b ]--> here <--[ /b ]) in previous versions of the 2.2 editor, which is

much

more convenient.

All points agreed on, I want the text to be highlighted only when you format, not including the tags.

One more thing - pressing the bold, italic etc. buttons in the standard editor makes the tags come out highlighted. If you start typing, you'll erase them. The only option is to deselect them with the caret somehow and move back, or click your mouse in between the opening and closing tags. I'm assuming this is a semi-bug, semi-change, because I remember from before that the caret was placed in between the tags once they were introduced to the textarea (i.e. [ b ]--> here <--[ /b ]) in previous versions of the 2.2 editor, which is

much

more convenient.

I think it simply allows you to do multiple things to your text. Make it bold, change the color, etc... All at once. You selected it from the beginning, so you would have to un-selet it yourself. That's how it works with office programs :)

I think it simply allows you to do multiple things to your text. Make it bold, change the color, etc... All at once. You selected it from the beginning, so you would have to un-selet it yourself. That's how it works with office programs :)

Yes, the author knows that but the tags don't necessary have to be highlighted in addition to the text.

It would be quite possible to do "multiple things to your text" even if tags weren't highlighted as they were introduced to the textarea.

This is a very simple, logical suggestion I'm making here. Which may be why it bypassed you.

It would be quite possible to do "multiple things to your text" even if tags weren't highlighted as they were introduced to the textarea.

This is a very simple, logical suggestion I'm making here. Which may be why it bypassed you.

I'm with you here!

And what if one decides to retype the sentence, then that person has to re-format the text again since the tags have disappeared. Also, VB works like this as well.

Please add back insert quoted text button and a button to add color would be a nice addition. :) Also want to see a "Advaned" button to switch to the Standard posting screen on Quick Edit screen.

I agree. The "Add Selected Text as Quote" button was very handy.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived