New Fast Reply

Guest Keven Fox

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should be great if it was possible to choose in ACP if we want the quick reply box open or closed without having to edit the quick_reply_box_open, deleting "$show; position: relative".

Don't you think ? ...

There's been a 'My Controls' option to show or hide that by default for a long time, since the 1.x series.

i think it is big and nice !

ajax like VBB would be awesome :rolleyes:

I really don't like the AJAX fast replies, because I use the fast reply to type longer posts. Usually I only use the RTE editor when I need to upload attachments. So by the time I've finished replying

It's too big.

It is indeed.

I really don't like the AJAX fast replies, because I use the fast reply to type longer posts. Usually I only use the RTE editor when I need to upload attachments. So by the time I've finished replying uisng quick reply, someone else could have replied to the topic and I wouldn't know until I'd view the forum topic listing because when it's submitted through AJAX the page isn't refreshed.

That is of course assuming that an AJAX fast reply routine couldn't check for new posts added to the thread since the member last made a click, which it could.

Of course, IPS are going to be given a hard time if they back-track on the AJAX fast reply front, because Jelsoft have beaten them to it, so naturally everyone will start whining that "your copying lol" or something along those lines.

Archived